HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anyone else growing to hate this game_

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#1 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 01:25 AM

The devs obviously don't listen to feedback whatsoever. Here you have 1,000 people hating the tech and what it's doing to the game. It ruins it. Yet they don't touch it, and instead, compound the problem by lowering burst and increasing armor. Way to go! And even better, they actually seem happy with themselves for putting the mech in the game.

Bugs that have yet to be fixed that are a serious hindrance on enjoying the game. Like firing your HFM, TOW or GL and having nothing happen, even though you get the heat gen and timer to go along with it.

Keep adding sh*t instead of fixing sh*t.

I could probably write three pages of what's wrong, but whatever. Also, you can save your flame responses. I quit playing for 3 days and played a few matches. One decent match after 3 rounds, everything before it sucked. After it sucked, too. I quit playing 4 days and tried again today. No fun to be found. Honestly, this may turn into a goodbye thread. I'm not really sure I'm going to play it anymore. The game has potential, but I see the devs driving this game into the ground.

#2 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted May 18 2013 - 01:39 AM

Not released new hacks yet_

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#3 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted May 18 2013 - 02:25 AM

I'm cool with the game. You say the devs don't listen, but they've taken on nearly everything we've asked for so far. And you can't just remove an element from the game once its already in. Something as big as a mech cannot be removed. Even though "1000s" have said they hate it, there's an equal amount enjoying it. So put a sock in it and don't try and speak for the masses

Edited by ArnieF4440, May 18 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#4 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 18 2013 - 02:39 AM

Lol, am i the only one who considers Tech as a totally fine addition_

And right now there are few problems that really annoy me too:
-Scouts
-Assault Rifle
-Meteor servers' stability

But for some reason i keep playing the game. Maybe because i spent a lot of money on it_ Or maybe because i met some interesting and good people here_ Or simply because i know that things will change for the better_ One way or another i love Hawken and will support Adhesive as long as i can. And to me it's a shame to see people leaving.

You know... I suggest you to take a long break like i did - just wait till the next update.

Edited by TheVulong, May 18 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Posted Image

#5 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted May 18 2013 - 02:55 AM

Nope.

Starting a "flame the game" thread and telling others to save their flames is about as reasonable as playing a game you hate.

Find something that makes you happy. Life's too short to waste throwing fits.

#6 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 03:02 AM

The Tech is a well balanced mech , I am proud of the developers to have introduced a support class to this game .Hawken is still in Open Beta " BETA" and in the bloom and there is still much much more content to come and updates.

This is aint a cake walk of a game  , This game rewards you for skill play and punishes you if you are unskilled.

There are tons of us players who digs ! Hawken and will continue to remain loyal fans and players of this Super Mech Shooter Game.

Peace !

Edited by Omega22, May 18 2013 - 03:03 AM.

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#7 Kazma

Kazma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted May 18 2013 - 03:15 AM

I am not actively playing HAWKEN right now, I am waiting for some patches to come and see how the game develops. right now the game just has become a boring and annoying game that has nothing to keep me playing, but thats normal I guess.
I don't hate this game or something, in fact HAWKEN is still as awesome as before.
The devs are doing great work and they do listen to us. It just needs some time and love to become even more awesome.

about the technician, I haven't had any problems with it yet, only the self heal should be changed or deleted imo.

also:

Keep adding sh*t instead of fixing sh*t.

read the past patch notes, sh*t has been fixed a lot
Posted Image
pm me for hire :)

#8 matsnake

matsnake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 03:19 AM

I must agree with omega. Techs can't really change the sort of a battle if you do nice team play

Annoying things are scouts, slug rifles, and eoc users imho :)

By the way i hope devs will add the option to make custom servers with specific rules. So that you can choose which mechs and weapons are allowed

#9 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted May 18 2013 - 04:42 AM

I really enjoy the game, only thing that annoys me is everyone who is better than me! [to many to count...lol] hang in there m3talc0re, hate to see anyone quit. hoghead ;)

#10 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted May 18 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on May 18 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

The devs obviously don't listen to feedback whatsoever. Here you have 1,000 people hating the tech and what it's doing to the game. It ruins it. Yet they don't touch it, and instead, compound the problem by lowering burst and increasing armor. Way to go! And even better, they actually seem happy with themselves for putting the mech in the game.

Have been playing, giving feedback and following the game since Alpha, and it is clear to me that the devs do in fact listen to the community at large. The player/developer discussions organised by some clans a little while ago is a fine example of this.

#11 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 18 2013 - 05:12 AM

You are staring at the finger my friend.

Posted Image

#12 Arnval

Arnval

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted May 18 2013 - 05:16 AM

The game is fine as it is even though I don't find it as fun as it used to be due to various reasons. They are still working on the game, lots of things still to come that I guarantee will get everyone going berserk again and again and again. And yeah, it's a beta, they are taking money, I gave them my money, other players money so I don't agree that it's a beta at all. But officially, it's a beta so all we can do is patiently wait.
Blue

#13 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 05:18 AM

Time for a break Metal. Check in next patch maybe.

I'm finding the Tech is teaching me to play more team based. It's interesting to find ways to deal with it.

Edited by Krellus, May 18 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#14 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostArnieF4440, on May 18 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

I'm cool with the game. You say the devs don't listen, but they've taken on nearly everything we've asked for so far.
They failed to completely remove the EMP.
Otherwise, yeah they kind of listen, but make questionable decisions in the process.
Posted Image

#15 Xman

Xman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 05:51 AM

The evil of F2P. you go a month without adding an addition to the game, everyone loses their mind. and go on how boring the game got and start to pick up on the little bad things since the hype about the major stuff is gone.

Facility Update was great and all, but not as major as Technician Update. A major update each month is a good pace to keep people busy, an update every 2 weeks would just turn people into needy.

The game just marked 6 months of an open beta and we starting to have people doing a goodbye thread and ranting how the game is dying and boring.

A solution that would keep people busy people for a long long time, is a collectable stuff, free collectable stuff, those binary fancy stuff that cost nothing but endless grinding and luck. That would keep people from complaining, granted.

Anyhow, I'm extremely pleased by the technician and the new maps.

o. o

#16 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted May 18 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostTwiceDead, on May 18 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

View PostArnieF4440, on May 18 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

I'm cool with the game. You say the devs don't listen, but they've taken on nearly everything we've asked for so far.
They failed to completely remove the EMP.
Otherwise, yeah they kind of listen, but make questionable decisions in the process.

EMP is alright now, it isn't like it used to be at the start of OB, dare i say it feels balanced (its arguable, but its fine IMO)
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#17 McNastaChief

McNastaChief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted May 18 2013 - 06:21 AM

In my opinion, Tech has added some flavor to the game.Having tech make the strategic part of matches more exciting For example, Having to take out the tech first in a skirmish. I agree the the technical issues should be adressed first however, techs are now part of the line up.  they need love too.
Posted Image

#18 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostArnieF4440, on May 18 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

EMP is alright now, it isn't like it used to be at the start of OB, dare i say it feels balanced (its arguable, but its fine IMO)
Nothing that removes all offensive options you have, FORCING you to retreat, can hardly be called in any way balanced; no matter how minuscule the effect... BUT HEY That's just my opinion.
Posted Image

#19 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 06:23 AM

Tech isn't necessarily bad. It's just the current mechanics of the tech are bad

#20 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 18 2013 - 06:27 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on May 18 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

The devs obviously don't listen to feedback whatsoever...

That is absolutely not truth. -> Quite a bad start for the first sentence of your post up there; if you allow me the comment. :P :D

Edited by The_Silencer, May 18 2013 - 06:27 AM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users