HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anyone else growing to hate this game_

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#21 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:12 AM

That's another thing I don't enjoy about this game. The player base. Some of the most close minded people I think I've ever met. You mention one bad thing about Hawken and half the forum gets butthurt about it. I've seen many many people get 3+ pages of flames for suggesting something may be wrong with Hawken. I really don't care what some of you think is "fine" when is obviously not fine. I'm not enjoying this game right now and many players would agree with me. Most of them have probably already left. Like someone else said before, the game has really gone downhill these last two patches. And yeah, EOC is pretty annoying, too. And anyone who thinks the Tech is fine is delusional.

Also, I haven't been playing long enough for a break to be warranted. If I'm just getting annoyed and not having fun with a game this soon, then it's not me.

Edited by m3talc0re, May 18 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#22 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:20 AM

Do you mind to explain me what is the difference with the medic role present on 99.9% of the mmofps ever created and the hawken's tech_ :rolleyes:
Are you too young to ever play any other online fps maybe_ Did you whine&quit on every other fps when you discovered there was the medic role_ Meh, farewell -_-

Who mostly "hates" tech are a little alpha/closed beta players who saw the game without it who was enjoying the stupid fragfest they had (still it was a tactical war because scared to die, noone was healing you, i can understand their point).
And well, there is a tiny number of the entire playerbase "hating" them. Did you wonder why on every single match you see someone typing on chat "gj techs"  "Great heals" "you had techs, our team didnt have any (accepting the obiouvs tactical inferiority of their team)" etc_
Such a hate, rofl :rolleyes:

Edited by LucasAshrock, May 18 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Meant to lead  

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 18 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I will never understand how people can go around flaming and being antagonistic in general
It's a logically fallacious tactic used to try and discredit any opposing opinion that may follow, by claiming dissenting opinions are just flaming and that those opinions are worth less than their own. Whether people use this tactic habitually as a defense mechanism, or intentionally because they secretly understand the weakness of their claims and the backing logic, I don't know.

#23 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:28 AM

Medic role:  generally the easiest class in any class based FPS. Stand behind your team with a sticky beam heal weapon because, for some ungodly reason, it's harder to aim at your own teammate than it is to aim at an enemy.

The only FPS games where medics are ok are the ones where the medic has to aim like everyone else

#24 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:32 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on May 18 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

The devs obviously don't listen to feedback whatsoever.
Completely, absolutely, 100% entirely untrue.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#25 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostRedVan, on May 18 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Medic role:  generally the easiest class in any class based FPS. Stand behind your team with a sticky beam heal weapon because, for some ungodly reason, it's harder to aim at your own teammate than it is to aim at an enemy.

The only FPS games where medics are ok are the ones where the medic has to aim like everyone else
So, considering hawken medics are quite good killers too, hawken is a good fps, isn't it_ ;)

Edited by LucasAshrock, May 18 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Meant to lead  

I will never understand how people can go around flaming and being antagonistic in general
It's a logically fallacious tactic used to try and discredit any opposing opinion that may follow, by claiming dissenting opinions are just flaming and that those opinions are worth less than their own. Whether people use this tactic habitually as a defense mechanism, or intentionally because they secretly understand the weakness of their claims and the backing logic, I don't know.

#26 RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:42 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on May 18 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

That's another thing I don't enjoy about this game. The player base. Some of the most close minded people I think I've ever met. You mention one bad thing about Hawken and half the forum gets butthurt about it. I've seen many many people get 3+ pages of flames for suggesting something may be wrong with Hawken. I really don't care what some of you think is "fine" when is obviously not fine. I'm not enjoying this game right now and many players would agree with me. Most of them have probably already left. Like someone else said before, the game has really gone downhill these last two patches. And yeah, EOC is pretty annoying, too. And anyone who thinks the Tech is fine is delusional.

Also, I haven't been playing long enough for a break to be warranted. If I'm just getting annoyed and not having fun with a game this soon, then it's not me.

To be fair, your OP was a load of fuzzy bunny, so of course people are gonna start tearing you down, since you established little credibility to start with.

#27 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:46 AM

People tend to become less open opinions as the presentation becomes more abrasive.

People ignore this: "This is broken and anyone who disagrees is wrong/stupid/fanboi!"
People consider this: "Here are some things I'm struggling with and here are a few ideas."

There are exceptions. You'll have folks who consider the former and ignore the latter, but it's accurate enough.

I've read several of your threads and played in one game with you, Metalcore, and you give off an overwhelmingly negative vibe. I don't know many communities, gaming or otherwise, where that's welcomed. I've pointed this out before and, if I recall correctly, you said that you don't care. However, claiming the community's response to you makes the game less enjoyable suggests that you do care.

Turning that frown upside down won't magically change the gameplay of Hawken. Still, in addition to improving the response from the player base, it could also make the devs more responsive to any constructive ideas you offer up.

Edited by FussyBadger, May 18 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#28 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:47 AM

The thing is,

People like me that though Hawken was a fast paced arena type FPS like Quake or Unreal tournament (with higher TTK) won't understand
why a mech like the Technician was added to the game.

And the people that didn't think like me have no problem with it because it's just a new mech that came out and nothing more.

Can you guys imagine a Technician/Medic in games like Quake or Unreal Tournament_
In military shooters, yes, but not arena type FPS games.

Just my oppinion ofcourse.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#29 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostLucasAshrock, on May 18 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

View PostRedVan, on May 18 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

So, considering hawken medics are quite good killers too, hawken is a good fps, isn't it_ ;)

No, it's far too effective. As I said before, having a tech is like having an extra person. They do DPS, while healing an ally, while healing themselves. So while they're doing DPS, they're increasing the amount of DPS necessary for the other team to do by a significant amount, despite minimal effort to do so

#30 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 18 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostFussyBadger, on May 18 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

I've read several of your threads and played in one game with you, Metalcore, and you give off an overwhelmingly negative vibe. I don't know many communities, gaming or otherwise, where that's welcomed. I've pointed this out before and, if I recall correctly, you said that you don't care. However, claiming the community's response to you makes the game less enjoyable suggests that you do care.

He would fit right in with half of the League community. Of course all they do is jump on every bandwagon about a pro players mistake or a perceived error in numerical damage values or game mechanics.

Be like the wind and move your fellow man inch by inch centimeter by centimeter with each slight breeze. A gust of wind can be chilling to the bone while a slight breeze can be refreshing on a hot summer day.

Edited by Leonhardt, May 18 2013 - 08:04 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Yaie

Yaie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 18 2013 - 08:06 AM

I've only played for a month, but so far, every ticket that I've submitted with any problem or bug or for any other reason has been almost instantly replied back to with a positive, helpful answer. The devs not only listen, but they actually consider what the player base says.

As for the Tech, it's just another part of the game. It's not broken, nor does it completely change every aspect of battles. The devs should be happy with increasing the mech count and adding more to the content of the game, while still allowing for much of the previous patches either staying the same or getting better. If you get butthurt from running out by yourself and getting annihilated by a C-class and its medic buddy, go play some Deathmatch like I do, you'll almost never see a Tech then.

As far as the secondary weapons firing and no projectile hitting the target, it's never happened to me. I either fire and miss, or take a chunk off of the enemy's health (most of the time I miss).

I cannot fathom the train of thought for people who post a thread like this, if there is any.
ブルートワイバーン
   Brute Wyvern

#32 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostOnebullit, on May 18 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

The thing is,

People like me that though Hawken was a fast paced arena type FPS like Quake or Unreal tournament (with higher TTK) won't understand
why a mech like the Technician was added to the game.

And the people that didn't think like me have no problem with it because it's just a new mech that came out and nothing more.

Can you guys imagine a Technician/Medic in games like Quake or Unreal Tournament_
In military shooters, yes, but not arena type FPS games.

Just my oppinion ofcourse.
No doubt, quake and UT was both fun even without a medic. I had my fun with them, the same fun i had with doom, wolfstein etc.
For a few days then leaving bored of the fuzzy bunny fragfest those games represent, without a minimal concept of tactic.
Sure, a lot of players loves a fuzzy bunny fragfest without a sense, just running fast, turning faster, playing frenzy like under drugs.
Let me skip my opinion about this kind of players :rolleyes:
Then mmofps games evolved on the concept of medic. Every single game who had one had tactic, stronger and longer wars with true ogranization and teamwork. On everyone of them i spent a huge amount of hours. On hawken i spent a huge amount of hours.
Does it ring a bell_ :rolleyes:

Edited by LucasAshrock, May 18 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Meant to lead  

#33 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 09:06 AM

I don't want the developers designing their game entirely around community desires.  Gaming communities can be singularly whiny and shortsighted groups; they're composed largely of individuals whose interests involve rendering their preferred playstyles easier and more effective, while decreasing the overall skill gap.  Especially nowadays, few players want to be beaten: they'd rather the game lower the bar and even out everyone's skill levels.

Now, that isn't to say that gaming communities never provide useful feedback.  They do.  However, good, skill-based games require that developers sift the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.  Not all opinions - even majority opinions - are good for their "vision" of the game.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#34 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 09:09 AM

You're right. That's why you see techs ingame, they are not removed and whiners are ignored ;)
Meant to lead  

#35 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted May 18 2013 - 09:12 AM

You guys lets not bypass the filter that puts Fuzzy Bunny in our posts as its there for a reason.

#36 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostOmega22, on May 18 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

The Tech is a well balanced mech , I am proud of the developers to have introduced a support class to this game .Hawken is still in Open Beta " BETA" and in the bloom and there is still much much more content to come and updates.

This is aint a cake walk of a game  , This game rewards you for skill play and punishes you if you are unskilled.

There are tons of us players who digs ! Hawken and will continue to remain loyal fans and players of this Super Mech Shooter Game.

Peace !

This game stopped being about skill after the raider and tech update.

#37 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted May 18 2013 - 09:50 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on May 18 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

...Whut_

Edited by Xuande, May 18 2013 - 09:53 AM.

Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#38 Danger__Close

Danger__Close

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 10:00 AM

These forums have become a hate fest on the game. It's not even constructive hate, it's "I can't beat x so the game is fuzzy bunny".

#39 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted May 18 2013 - 10:02 AM

View Postm3talc0re, on May 18 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

The devs obviously don't listen to feedback whatsoever.

people asked for a nerf to the det, it was far too easy to use for the damage it did. They got it. Of course, it should probably be nerfed further but I'll leave that for other people to figure out. People said to nerf the 7-second EMP, and that happened in the first real content patch of OB. People ask for a TTK increase, and a reduction to burst. The MIRV, PS, and Det were nerfed, the Tech was introduced, and there was an increase in armor (some of those are controversial decisions, but it stands that they do increase TTK). Heck, people were asking for numbers in the patch notes for a long time, and we went from "slightly" to % to the real numbers in the Facility update. Clearly they do listen.

Here you have 1,000 people hating the tech and what it's doing to the game.

You have evidence to back this up_ Personally, I have seen only a handful of threads from what seems to be a very vocal minority saying it should be removed. Of course, not saying the Tech is all rainbows and sunshine, nor is it in a perfect place, but I feel I should wait and see the entire lineup of mechs they have in store before I make a judgement on whether the Tech should stay or go, but for now I feel it is doing more good then harm.

Also, you can save your flame responses.

I will never understand how people can go around flaming and being antagonistic in general and then say something like this, it just seems strange to me.

Nept had it right, imo:

View PostNept, on May 18 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

I don't want the developers designing their game entirely around community desires.  Gaming communities can be singularly whiny and shortsighted groups; they're composed largely of individuals whose interests involve rendering their preferred playstyles easier and more effective, while decreasing the overall skill gap.  Especially nowadays, few players want to be beaten: they'd rather the game lower the bar and even out everyone's skill levels.

Now, that isn't to say that gaming communities never provide useful feedback.  They do.  However, good, skill-based games require that developers sift the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.  Not all opinions - even majority opinions - are good for their "vision" of the game.

Edited by Guiotine, May 18 2013 - 11:11 AM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#40 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationConstructing Additional Pylons

Posted May 18 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostDanger__Close, on May 18 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

These forums have become a hate fest on the game. It's not even constructive hate, it's "I can't beat x so the game is fuzzy bunny".

People just don't get that just because they're not incredible at a game withing 5 minutes of picking it up and that just because they lose occasionally doesn't mean a game's bad. :(

I was not dead... I was only sleeping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users