HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Producer Letter: The Next Update

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#21 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted July 18 2013 - 03:32 PM

My pants need replacement. I watched the live stream, but regardless I is excited. I wonder how much more deadly I can make my Scout :)

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#22 havoc5

havoc5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted July 18 2013 - 03:37 PM

Was anticipating this even though I watched the show yesterday. I'm not sure I'll be able to function as a normal human being until the patch comes...

#23 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted July 18 2013 - 03:57 PM

Looks like than i'll will be huge the update, new map, want to look how the tuning system will play, Sound interesting.

:)

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#24 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted July 18 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 18 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm skeptical of putting any more importance on leveling up. I've never seen that do any good for horizontal progression.

It also makes me wonder, just how does that factor into eSports_ Are comp players going to be cut off from content just because they haven't leveled something enough_

I've got a ton more question, because I'm always thinking ahead, but they can wait. I'll just elaborate and refine them in my head.

While I am also skeptical, I do have to say that LoL has a leveling system and the pros are max/high level. It doesn't seem to impact the e-sport side of things for them. Granted they run a horrible vertical progression system on it too boot. Boggles the mind sometimes. I won't even get into the rune system aspect of the game too. Just so many things that I would think that would make the game fail, yet it works in the end.

#25 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted July 18 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostAkrium, on July 18 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

I'm skeptical of putting any more importance on leveling up. I've never seen that do any good for horizontal progression.

It also makes me wonder, just how does that factor into eSports_ Are comp players going to be cut off from content just because they haven't leveled something enough_

I've got a ton more question, because I'm always thinking ahead, but they can wait. I'll just elaborate and refine them in my head.

While I am also skeptical, I do have to say that LoL has a leveling system and the pros are max/high level. It doesn't seem to impact the e-sport side of things for them. Granted they run a horrible vertical progression system on it too boot. Boggles the mind sometimes. I won't even get into the rune system aspect of the game too. Just so many things that I would think that would make the game fail, yet it works in the end.

I think it's mainly because pro players put so much time into the game anyway, everything just comes naturally. I am aware that typically they are used to getting in and practicing without having to grind though.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#26 005Wxp

005Wxp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Location>.< i dont know =3

Posted July 18 2013 - 04:24 PM

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]---"APLAUSE"---[/font]

Edited by 005Wxp, July 18 2013 - 04:24 PM.

!THS

#27 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted July 18 2013 - 04:32 PM

Regarding having to level up. They could have unranked servers for competitive plays where everything is unlocked. But as Guiotine said most pro players will have everything unlocked.
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

#28 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Tunnels of Origin

Posted July 18 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on July 18 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

That's it_! After so much time we've gone without updates this is what you give us_! Are you freaking kidding me_! Oh my God I am so enraged now! I mean, I expected a few features and you decided to be a good guy and COMPLETELY revolutionize the game adding so much_! God damn it Adhesive, just god damn it, I asked for so little but you gave so much! Why guys, why do you do this to us_! Why do you have to make us shed man tears of joy_! Unbeliveable.
You have no idea how close I was to pouncing on you with wild, angry claws.

I even had a whole speech prepared. Damn you and your twists, Hadron. :P
Posted Image

#29 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted July 18 2013 - 04:40 PM

Huzzah

because bow ties are cool

#30 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted July 18 2013 - 04:53 PM

"If you had told me it was so large I would have been friendlier and more patient all along..If that was some kind of a test I hope I passed, because I want me some of that action - all of it in fact - right now!"

Hughes has heard enough comments of this type by now, I am sure. What a terrible position to be in. Poor Guy.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#31 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted July 18 2013 - 05:01 PM

:)
Spoiler
also are clan symbols going to be added_
  • NEW: Elite Skins - Full mech torso replacement skins with unique paint jobs, not just camos
will they be bought with MC_

Edited by ropefish, July 18 2013 - 05:09 PM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#32 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted July 18 2013 - 05:12 PM

Very excited I am! Thanks for putting in at least some clan systems, though I am still months later waiting patiently for private servers. When we will be getting these!_ :D

Thanks for your dedication to the game devs, and if you deliver on this well, Hawken is looking very good for the future. :)

Edited by Seron16, July 18 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#33 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted July 18 2013 - 05:13 PM

All I asked for was some fixes and a new mech and map, but when I read this, seriously, you guys did some
Posted Image
and made me literally jump out of my chair at work and knock a keyboard, a mouse, and assorted screwdrivers off of my desk.

All I can say now is...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#34 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, 'Murica

Posted July 18 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 18 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

• NEW: Last Eco Map - Supports Siege, Missile Assault, Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch, just don’t get lost in the foliage

Posted Image

Edited by Inhibitor, July 18 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#35 Markiswild

Markiswild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted July 18 2013 - 05:47 PM

Yeeeesssss!!!! This is going to be an AWESOME patch! Thank you so much Team HAWKEN! :D

#36 kennyworker

kennyworker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 18 2013 - 05:47 PM

"...you’ll be able to transfer that excess XP to another mech of your choosing..."
but if no one to transfer :(

#37 Incognit0

Incognit0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 18 2013 - 05:50 PM

I know this isn't how the advance battalion selection process goes; but please throw my name on the roster!
I am a loyal vanguard who is currently unemployed and would love to use all my new time for testing. Also to lord this over my girlfriend pixelproxy, who is a total spaz about this game

#38 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted July 18 2013 - 06:37 PM

Sounds like when this goes in effect we'll all be busy trying to figure what to do first! I'm excited!!!!! :) [ cant wait!]

#39 ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationFilling caskets in NW US

Posted July 18 2013 - 06:45 PM

how about doing a 180 spin in the air...
!!

yes.. how about that..

i can only hope my system can continue to run this.

Edited by ExtremeUnction, July 18 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#40 Hizaki

Hizaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted July 18 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostExtremeUnction, on July 18 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

how about doing a 180 spin in the air...
!!

yes.. how about that..

i can only hope my system can continue to run this.

I can only hope my Bruiser have enough fuel to do a 180 spin in the air and go back

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users