HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Producer Letter: The Next Update

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#61 Kai_Kitamura

Kai_Kitamura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 12:41 AM

veni
vidi
veni

in other words

yes

Brawler - Gespenst Type-S -=- Bruiser - Gespenst Type-R -=- Rocketeer - Randgirth -=- Infiltrator - Lion -=- Sharpshooter - Weissritter

...make no mistake - we are not shy
We're very wide awake - the moon and I!

#62 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted July 19 2013 - 01:06 AM

I guess it is a good thing that I just got my happy dance fixed!

Just replace Slurpee with giant Hawken patch, and this is me right now!
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#63 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted July 19 2013 - 01:18 AM

I feel like this right at the moment because I had an espresso. Still searching for my circulatory this morning...

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#64 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted July 19 2013 - 01:26 AM

I don't share this mass optimism,  knowing previous releases there are many ways it can go wrong. and  after 3 months break ( on   some of these features they work 6 months+) i wasn't expecting  anything less that this. Lets just keep waiting :) .

- lok'tar ogar -

#65 robotico

robotico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted July 19 2013 - 01:28 AM

thx hawken team!!!

Posted Image

#66 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted July 19 2013 - 01:36 AM

mini nuke.....
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#67 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted July 19 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostAnalysis, on July 18 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

I do find it funny the Hawken team is launching a beta (ADVANCE BATTALION) within a beta.
I agree.  It's a really bizarre idea IMO.

Everything else makes me happy.  :lol:

#68 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted July 19 2013 - 01:59 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 18 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

NEW: Last Eco Map - Supports Siege, Missile Assault, Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch. "Don’t get lost in the forest!"

Posted Image

I tuned into The Cockpit and was pleasantly surprised with most (if not all) of what was mentioned. That said, when you mention internals that allow aerial 180s, all I can think of is this fine piece of prose I crafted a few months ago.

Waiting warmly for the next patch! --and perhaps, something extra in my inbox this weekend~_

Edited by FenixStryk, July 19 2013 - 01:59 AM.

It was fun while it lasted.

#69 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 02:10 AM

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more discussion about the Advanced Battalion. For me that is one of the biggest benefits coming up because this means there will be more play testing involved with direct player feedback which will resulted in better balanced mechanics instead of some of the knee jerk balancing we've seen to date. Having a small pool of dedicated players to dive into new content and begin tearing it apart is not only going to improve how the developers balance and tweak mechanics but also make sure new content performs as it should (for example the Shield being broken currently).

I do wonder if this means we'll see an increase in turn around time on balance patches as well since the team will get a good idea of how content is going to be used well before it is released into the wild where problems become amplified rather quickly.

Curious as to who is getting into the Advanced Battalion as well and rather jealous of those who did.

Posted Image

#70 transformaster

transformaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 02:52 AM

This all sounds great! It's a great game and this will make it even better.
Posted Image

#71 Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationinvading Zion

Posted July 19 2013 - 02:55 AM

This is absolutely stunning, I seriously can't wait for the patch to arrive! Tremendous work the devs have done, and I applaude their efforts! Have a beer or five, guys!
Posted Image

#72 Foxxylicious

Foxxylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 03:18 AM

“THAT’S ALL GREAT ‘N’ STUFF BUT AREN'T YOU DONE WITH THE PATCH YET_”

We are very close to being finished with this patch and as mentioned, we’re really going to be focusing on using our Advance Battalion to
The goal is to release the next update worldwide in the coming weeks but we aren't ready to state a specific date yet due to the sheer volume of changes and there is so much dependent on emerging feedback and balancing needs. That being said, we will certainly be keeping communication channels open and will speak to more details as we go through these final stages of patch development. We are genuinely excited to be bringing this energizing update your way and while we apologize for the wait, we really hope you feel the wait is worth it.

Thank you again for the continued and never ending support, it means so much to everyone working on the game. We wouldn't have what we do without all of you!

The goal is to release the next update worldwide in the coming weeks

in the coming weeks

weeks

Posted Image

#73 Polochamps

Polochamps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hi!

Has anyone noticed if the upcoming patch have physx optimized_

Thank you

#74 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted July 19 2013 - 04:22 AM

Wooooh, can't wait to see the new HUD / GUI and the foliaged map  ! And PVE !!!!!

Edited by erathic, July 19 2013 - 04:23 AM.

Posted Image

#75 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted July 19 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostFoxxylicious, on July 19 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

“THAT’S ALL GREAT ‘N’ STUFF BUT AREN'T YOU DONE WITH THE PATCH YET_”

We are very close to being finished with this patch and as mentioned, we’re really going to be focusing on using our Advance Battalion to
The goal is to release the next update worldwide in the coming weeks but we aren't ready to state a specific date yet due to the sheer volume of changes and there is so much dependent on emerging feedback and balancing needs. That being said, we will certainly be keeping communication channels open and will speak to more details as we go through these final stages of patch development. We are genuinely excited to be bringing this energizing update your way and while we apologize for the wait, we really hope you feel the wait is worth it.

Thank you again for the continued and never ending support, it means so much to everyone working on the game. We wouldn't have what we do without all of you!

The goal is to release the next update worldwide in the coming weeks

in the coming weeks

weeks

Posted Image

Didn`t he say something like "this year" in the Cockpit Show _ It was the moment I thought "OMG, we´re waiting till December" ;)

Edited by Countrygal, July 19 2013 - 04:30 AM.

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#76 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted July 19 2013 - 04:35 AM

This is definitely one of those times that I am glad that I have far too much patience for my own good. But it is still nice to finally have some idea of what to expect once the patch does finally arrive.

The Steam summer sale helps with the waiting, too. :P
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#77 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted July 19 2013 - 04:37 AM

Basic Oculus rift support_
This is awesome....can't wait to test Hawken with this.

Great job guys, But please make a button for re-center the POV...sometimes Headtracking tends to drift into a non proper way.

Another suggestion would be to make guns following the head movement,since playin with OR means using a controller or a joystick making the aiming a lot more difficult than with Mouse.

Hope you already implemented that into next patch,but since it is a ''basic'' support i think those features will not be ready again.

Anyway thanks for your time. Keep it up! :)

Edited by torc, July 19 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image

#78 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostCountrygal, on July 19 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Didn`t he say something like "this year" in the Cockpit Show _ It was the moment I thought "OMG, we´re waiting till December" ;)

When he said that he was referring to having the game leave "Open Beta" status and not for the arrival of the next patch. Hughes even said at one point that it wouldn't be end of the year or anything like that when the patch would be arriving.

A few more weeks kind of sucks to wait but for the amount of content we're getting I can handle it.

Posted Image

#79 thatguythellama

thatguythellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationOrbiting alpha centauri A, thinking about moving to B, just for a scenery change

Posted July 19 2013 - 05:07 AM

If only there were a couple new mechs... Oh well
In keeping with the best airborne tradition of relying on madmen instead of firepower, six of us with one BAR replaced eighteen 79th division doggies with a water cooled .50 and an air cooled .30.
David Webster, E company, Holland, 1945  

#80 DeVact

DeVact

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Locationall over the place

Posted July 19 2013 - 06:13 AM

Thank you devs for making this game even more awesome! My anticipation-level has piloted up!

DarkPulse said:

... less than witnessing Elvis crash a UFO into the Loch Ness Monster, seeing Bigfoot crawl out of the smoking wreckage, opening a wormhole in space, and then getting picked up by ET, Lando Calrissian, and an Arilou Lalee'Lay in the Space Battleship Yamato.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users