HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Selling or trading unneaded mechs_

Game

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 atem_graav

atem_graav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted August 07 2013 - 05:49 AM

Let me first say I really love this game and I'm already playing more with it than I should.

One really annoying thing though is after playing a lot to collect credits and buying the selected mech which I couldn't test drive it seems it's really not appropiate for me. Credits collect really slow and it would be great if I could sell or exchange unneded mechs. I don't even care if the levels go to zero.

And also, I think it would be quite nice if there was an option to test drive every mech once for like one day, like taking for a test drive.

Anyway, keep up the great work guys.

#2 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 07 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yeah would be cool but only Player trading system, NO NPC TRADING SYSTEM!

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#3 Zind

Zind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 06:59 AM

Personally I'd be fine with a "sell this mech back" button, even if it only gave 50-75% of the HC back that you spent on nonconsumables for it (so no refunds on taunts or countermeasures, but some HC back for internals).  I haven't thought about what should happen if you spent MC on it, but I'd be fine with just saying all MC purchases are final, no sell-backs.

A player economy would be fine, but I don't really see it adding much value to the game with the current limited number of commodities.

#4 atem_graav

atem_graav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yeah I'm not interested in trading mechs between players. I just want my collected credits to buy the appropiate mech for myself without spending all of it on something I can't test beforehand and be stuck with it.

#5 Deadmen_Tim

Deadmen_Tim

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationRussia, +7 GMT hours

Posted August 07 2013 - 02:32 PM

Selling is a bit too greedy, you already can get anything quite fast. Destroy button is all we need.
One of the Vodka People

I'm sorry for my Engrish. Feel free to correct me.

#6 Teknoman_Rapier

Teknoman_Rapier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted August 08 2013 - 01:19 AM

I agree with this aspect of the game.  I have Mechs which I purchased I purchased in my garage.  Heck I don't really care if I get a full credit return on them, but just the opportunity to sell them back, even if I have to take a loss on them just to recover some of my credits.  I think that is a fair deal, rather than be stuck with Mechs in your garage you simply don't like.

As for the idea of player trade_  Nah, just sell them back for credit.

#7 Nymwasob

Nymwasob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 07:44 PM

What I don't like is that I have to buy the same "items" for each mech.  If I have it, I should have it, and I shouold be able to mount the gadget to another of my mechs instead of having to buy the same things over and over.
We should be able to sell spare parts and mechs. My granadier is fun onder just the right circumstances, but I have given up on it as a main battle mech.

I wish we could also mount whatever weapons we want on a mech. The Rocketeer is the only one with the seeker rocket launcher.
Secondary weapons are even worse - I have to choose a mech based on what it has for a secondary weapon, as I cannot change that.

My dream mech would have camo as its special ability - but only the Infiltrator has that, and I don't want to get one just for the one feature.

I also notice there are no laser weapons, as is normal with other mech games. I do hope they expand these things and thier inter-changeability.

#8 JoeSabba

JoeSabba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 11:11 PM

I agree. Sell unused mech, and unused devices may improve the game

#9 chuiu

chuiu

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted August 09 2013 - 03:55 PM

I agree also but I think a way to prevent the need for this is to let people 'rent' a mech at any time for a small fee.

Ie: 100hc let's you play a mech for one hour then its locked again.

If I was able to try out the grenadier before buying it I definitely wouldn't have spent my hc on it. It may be a good mech for some people but I definitely don't like it.

#10 atem_graav

atem_graav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 10 2013 - 08:04 AM

View Postchuiu, on August 09 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

I agree also but I think a way to prevent the need for this is to let people 'rent' a mech at any time for a small fee.

Ie: 100hc let's you play a mech for one hour then its locked again.

If I was able to try out the grenadier before buying it I definitely wouldn't have spent my hc on it. It may be a good mech for some people but I definitely don't like it.

What you suggest seems the best way so far - I'd love it if the developers would implement it!

#11 DYLANDYON

DYLANDYON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 03:50 PM

Really wish I could sell my useless Scout and recieve atleast 50% back of my Hawken points.

Or give it to someone else who's willing to pay 3K HWKP.

#12 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted August 17 2013 - 05:55 AM

Mech auction_

sell your mechs to whoever you choose for whatever price. After sale, it retains stats and customization to the point of which you customize it yourself
Posted Image

#13 Esplode

Esplode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 05:28 PM

I bought some mechs early, but then I got the same mechs for free. I can't figure out how to sell the unneeded mechs.

WURMP!!!!!                        

Edited by Esplode, October 02 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#14 Cali00

Cali00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 04:16 AM

This...

/bump

#15 Incapacity

Incapacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 07 2013 - 08:14 AM

I'm really hoping the team gets their fuzzy bunny together on letting us sell mechs.

The way the garage is right now, I had to spend over 30 seconds dragging all my ACTUAL mechs to the left on a tiny scrolling display so that I didn't have to scroll past the level 1 clones I unlocked.

Also, make sure that if the person bought a mech with MC, they can sell it for MC.

Edited by Incapacity, November 07 2013 - 08:15 AM.

last.fm/user/sincapacity objectively good taste
plusle.nabyn.com art things

#16 MonstaChruck

MonstaChruck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 10 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'd like to bump this.  A "sell" option would be nice for mechs and parts, even if it came at a heavy loss of value.  I'd even accept the idea of a delete or "scrap" button for mechs and parts you don't want to keep.  It would make managing my hangar and my equipment much easier to get rid of some of the mechs I don't use.

#17 sanford87

sanford87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, I'd really like the see this put in there game. I think if you purchased with MC and sold back they should just give you the hawken credits.

#18 Cannonaire

Cannonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUSW

Posted January 17 2014 - 07:48 AM

What would you guys think about the possibility of lending mechs temporarily to partied friends_

It would give purpose to extra mechs for a lot of players.
Cannonaire - Think millionaire, but with cannons.
HC/MC Calculator (thread) UPDATED 2013/12/21

#19 ScaniX

ScaniX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 03:43 AM

fuzzy bunny im buy reaper mech and i buy bundle $9.99 and now i have 2 reaper
can't sell unneeded mech

#20 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 03:09 PM

I think that everything that can be bought should be avle to get sold, mechs, weapons, paintjobs, parts etc, to recover at least half the original price; in that way maybe after a lot of playing we could also get some spare MCs from mechs that we'd bought with HCs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users