HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The HAWKEN Data Stream

Game News

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#441 zakiel29

zakiel29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted August 30 2013 - 09:01 PM

About the HUD:
I'll have to test by myself, but as far as I saw it on the videos, seems that over very bright and white surfaces it is very hard to see.
But as I said, I will have to test it by myself.

Everything else looks great.

Please, forgive my awful English. Is not my 1st language

Posted Image

#442 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted August 31 2013 - 12:26 AM

One thing that worries me is the lack of cooldown tracking for weapons. I think this is a key priority that should be fixed before the patch is released. You can't use weapons like heat/flak/eoc to their maximum effect if you don't know the second they're fully charged/off cooldown.

Edited by Exeon, August 31 2013 - 12:27 AM.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#443 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostOnebullit, on August 30 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on August 30 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View PostOnebullit, on August 30 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

View PostB34RM4ST3R, on August 30 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

I really hope patch will be released in august as it was promised...

Dream on good sir!
They are not going to release the patch any time soon believe me.

Didn't even see the patch notes yet so...

I'm guessing second week of sep or end sep and not sooner than that.

Also keep in mind that they will probably find last minute game breacking bugs and
the release will be delayed and we will see the next update begin october.

This guys have a small team and they are slow.  And not smart either because otherwise you would
never try to split the community and release something like that HAB to piss off your fans.

-snip-

Hmmm ... i never claimed that Adhesive has released HAB to piss off the community.
And really do know how the HAB works, don't need to educate myself on that one!

So then you didn't say this:

Onebullit said:

This guys have a small team and they are slow.  And not smart either because otherwise you would
never try to split the community and release something like that HAB to piss off your fans.

Because that seems like you're implying exactly that and that you don't know how HAB work...

Onebullit said:

I'm not going to make this a long post because i know for sure it will get the thread shut
and we don't want that.  If me saying that the guys from Adhesive are not smart enough hurt you
sorry for that.

For the rest, you're funny, and a little bit naive..

I'm not going to make this long either, I just want to point out that we're getting patch notes on Tuesday which means the patch itself will follow shortly after, hopefully by the end of the week. So it looks like your predictions were fairly incorrect and you should be dining on some humble pie.

Hopefully in the future you'll remain a little more positive and understanding of how these things work.

Posted Image

#444 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted August 31 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostKejiGoto, on August 31 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

View PostOnebullit, on August 30 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on August 30 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View PostOnebullit, on August 30 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

View PostB34RM4ST3R, on August 30 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

I really hope patch will be released in august as it was promised...

Dream on good sir!
They are not going to release the patch any time soon believe me.

Didn't even see the patch notes yet so...

I'm guessing second week of sep or end sep and not sooner than that.

Also keep in mind that they will probably find last minute game breacking bugs and
the release will be delayed and we will see the next update begin october.

-snip-

Hmmm ... i never claimed that Adhesive has released HAB to piss off the community.
And really do know how the HAB works, don't need to educate myself on that one!

So then you didn't say this:

Onebullit said:

Because that seems like you're implying exactly that and that you don't know how HAB work...

Onebullit said:

I'm not going to make this a long post because i know for sure it will get the thread shut
and we don't want that.  If me saying that the guys from Adhesive are not smart enough hurt you
sorry for that.

For the rest, you're funny, and a little bit naive..

I'm not going to make this long either, I just want to point out that we're getting patch notes on Tuesday which means the patch itself will follow shortly after, hopefully by the end of the week. So it looks like your predictions were fairly incorrect and you should be dining on some humble pie.

Hopefully in the future you'll remain a little more positive and understanding of how these things work.

Dude, sorry buy i'm not a fanboy like you.
I am against the Technician, Shield in it's current form and the HAB and i
have the right to say whatever i want just like anybody else.  If the devlopper does not
like what i'm saying, they can come in here and tell me otherwise but i highly doubt they need
protection from fans, they are big boys and can talk for themselves.

And my predictions are perfectly fine, I said mid september or end of september if they will
find that last minute game breaking bug.

Don't worry about my understanding of how things work either, i know more about these things
than you can ever imagine.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#445 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 31 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostExeon, on August 31 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

One thing that worries me is the lack of cooldown tracking for weapons. I think this is a key priority that should be fixed before the patch is released. You can't use weapons like heat/flak/eoc to their maximum effect if you don't know the second they're fully charged/off cooldown.

There is cooldown tracking, the inner crosshair bars around the reticle dot expand and contract to display the cooldown. This took me a long time to figure out over many repeated viewings as the new crosshair is very colorblind-unfriendly.
Posted Image

#446 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostOnebullit, on August 31 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

have the right to say whatever i want just like anybody else.  If the devlopper does not
like what i'm saying, they can come in here and tell me otherwise but i highly doubt they need

And my predictions are perfectly fine, I said mid september or end of september if they will

Don't worry about my understanding of how things work either, i know more about these things

Who said I'm a fanboy_ I can't stand the Shield in its current form, the Technician needs some serious balancing, but I think HAB Is a great idea as it allows players to give early feedback on the direction of Hawken and potentially head off any issues that might be brewing. It allows the players and developers to work on making Hawken the best game possible which is something I have a hard time seeing anyone be against.

I'm all for saying what you want but I don't see a point in being excessively negative in a thread like this and acting like the developers are fuzzy bunny up left and right. I don't claim to speak for the development team but I feel the need to speak up when you start hurling insults like you were.

Thus far your predictions aren't holding up all that well. Looking at the Facility update the patch notes were posted on May 3rd and the patch itself released May 9th. The Technician patch notes were released on April 15th and the patch hit April 18th. The Raider patch notes were released on March 1st and the patch released March 5th. The Reaper patch notes were released on January 18th and the patch itself hit January 24th.

History really doesn't support your claims or negative mindset here. Every patch has followed within a week of the patch notes being released, the longest wait being six days which were mostly due to the patch notes being released at the end of the week instead of the beginning of the week. Looking at past patterns we should have the next update by the end of next week, well before mid to end of September like you so boldly claimed.

If you want to continue being negative by all means go ahead, just don't get upset when others like myself speak out against you and point out how wrong you are.

Also if you know more about this than I could possibly imagine then please enlighten me because I'd love to learn more about this process from you or anyone else from that matter. However from where I'm sitting you seem to have an incredibly loose grasp on how all of this works let alone the Hawken update history.

Posted Image

#447 7th_Genesis

7th_Genesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, Oregon, USA

Posted August 31 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on August 31 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Who said I'm a fanboy_ I can't stand the Shield in its current form, the Technician needs some serious balancing, but I think HAB Is a great idea as it allows players to give early feedback on the direction of Hawken and potentially head off any issues that might be brewing. It allows the players and developers to work on making Hawken the best game possible which is something I have a hard time seeing anyone be against.

I'm all for saying what you want but I don't see a point in being excessively negative in a thread like this and acting like the developers are fuzzy bunny up left and right. I don't claim to speak for the development team but I feel the need to speak up when you start hurling insults like you were.

Thus far your predictions aren't holding up all that well. Looking at the Facility update the patch notes were posted on May 3rd and the patch itself released May 9th. The Technician patch notes were released on April 15th and the patch hit April 18th. The Raider patch notes were released on March 1st and the patch released March 5th. The Reaper patch notes were released on January 18th and the patch itself hit January 24th.

History really doesn't support your claims or negative mindset here. Every patch has followed within a week of the patch notes being released, the longest wait being six days which were mostly due to the patch notes being released at the end of the week instead of the beginning of the week. Looking at past patterns we should have the next update by the end of next week, well before mid to end of September like you so boldly claimed.

If you want to continue being negative by all means go ahead, just don't get upset when others like myself speak out against you and point out how wrong you are.

Also if you know more about this than I could possibly imagine then please enlighten me because I'd love to learn more about this process from you or anyone else from that matter. However from where I'm sitting you seem to have an incredibly loose grasp on how all of this works let alone the Hawken update history.
Will you both stop your petty bickering_ We will see when the patch comes out, and September 2nd we will know what the patch entails.
Also neither of you needs to prove anything to one another.

Besides, its not like you paid for the game. (Unless you bought MC) So the Devs can take their MotherF'in time.

I mean have you ever done programming_ I took some low level and it is not easy, one misspelled word, incorrect punctuation and the code won't even compile. Maybe you put a 1 where a 0 was supposed to go. Not to mention all the scripting and such. Give em a break and calm down.

IT IS NOT WORTH BEING PETTY OVER.

Other than that I am excited over the new patch.
Posted Image

"The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control... whether we are good or evil."

#448 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Post7th_Genesis, on August 31 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

-snip-

-snip-

Will you both stop your petty bickering_ We will see when the patch comes out, and September 2nd we will know what the patch entails.

Besides, its not like you paid for the game. (Unless you bought MC) So the Devs can take their MotherF'in time.

I mean have you ever done programming_ I took some low level and it is not easy, one misspelled word, incorrect punctuation and the code won't even compile. Maybe you put a 1 where a 0 was supposed to go. Not to mention all the scripting and such. Give em a break and calm down.

'
For me this hasn't been an attempt to be petty but rather point out the holes in the mindset of those who have been rather negative about the recent events in Hawken. This is also to keep others from buying into the negative mindset others have put out there and show that things aren't as bad as some might assume.

Also I've done some minor programming stuff myself before and I agree it isn't an easy job at all. While I never operated on the level of putting together a game just doing basic programs proved to be a difficult task. Like you said the slightest error is all it takes to undo everything and I can't imagine how complicated things get when dealing with an online game such as Hawken.

I merely wanted to demonstrate that history doesn't support negative theories and chances are this is coming sooner rather than later. In fact I agree with some of what Onebullit said such as the Shield being broken and the Technician needing to be balance.

I'm tired of the negative mindset and those trying to further spread these negative feelings because they were left out of HAB, don't agree with the direction of Hawken, or whatever their reasons may be. I've invested a fair amount of time and money into Hawken and want to see it succeed but I don't think being excessively negative is doing any good.

The patch is coming, we've got a date for the patch notes, and personally I'm really excited to see how it goes. HAB was a lot of fun and there is a lot of potential here moving forward. I think people need to be more open minded about things and I'll continue to speak out against those who just want to spoil it for others.

Posted Image

#449 7th_Genesis

7th_Genesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on August 31 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

View Post7th_Genesis, on August 31 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

-snip-

-snip-

'
For me this hasn't been an attempt to be petty but rather point out the holes in the mindset of those who have been rather negative about the recent events in Hawken. This is also to keep others from buying into the negative mindset others have put out there and show that things aren't as bad as some might assume.

Also I've done some minor programming stuff myself before and I agree it isn't an easy job at all. While I never operated on the level of putting together a game just doing basic programs proved to be a difficult task. Like you said the slightest error is all it takes to undo everything and I can't imagine how complicated things get when dealing with an online game such as Hawken.

I merely wanted to demonstrate that history doesn't support negative theories and chances are this is coming sooner rather than later. In fact I agree with some of what Onebullit said such as the Shield being broken and the Technician needing to be balance.

I'm tired of the negative mindset and those trying to further spread these negative feelings because they were left out of HAB, don't agree with the direction of Hawken, or whatever their reasons may be. I've invested a fair amount of time and money into Hawken and want to see it succeed but I don't think being excessively negative is doing any good.

The patch is coming, we've got a date for the patch notes, and personally I'm really excited to see how it goes. HAB was a lot of fun and there is a lot of potential here moving forward. I think people need to be more open minded about things and I'll continue to speak out against those who just want to spoil it for others.
I 100% Agree
Posted Image

"The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control... whether we are good or evil."

#450 TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostKrellus, on August 29 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

what graphics setting are those pics_ if thats the new low.... sweeeeeet. while on the topic of graphics, what graphics card would i need to run ultra ok, anyone playing at that level_ i have a laptop currently, playing on low, but am looking at a new desktop and now might just be the perfect time to gear uuuuuuppppp!

I have a GT 650M in my Alienware laptop and i can run the game on Ultra in both the graphics and textures area. Not sure how my GC compares to the aforementioned Radeon 7870 or the GTX660, just throwing it out there if it helps.

Edit: Just looked at some comparisons and apparently my GC is pretty mid range :sadface:

Edited by TheOncomingStorm, August 31 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#451 ChemicalX

ChemicalX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSnowmass Village, CO

Posted August 31 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostTheOncomingStorm, on August 31 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

what graphics setting are those pics_ if thats the new low.... sweeeeeet. while on the topic of graphics, what graphics card would i need to run ultra ok, anyone playing at that level_ i have a laptop currently, playing on low, but am looking at a new desktop and now might just be the perfect time to gear uuuuuuppppp!

I have a GT 650M in my Alienware laptop and i can run the game on Ultra in both the graphics and textures area. Not sure how my GC compares to the aforementioned Radeon 7870 or the GTX660, just throwing it out there if it helps.

Edit: Just looked at some comparisons and apparently my GC is pretty mid range :sadface:

Im running a HD Radeon 7950 and i run on Ultra. Down side_ I cant run Physix on MAX but I can have them on Durning gameplay even the 20 player maps I never notice frame rates or screen chopping. Id say i run at a solid 40-60 FPS at any given time.

#452 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 02:16 AM

hey thanks to everyone who recommended specs in response to my query a few pages back, ill certainly be checking those cards out carefully, and making sure my cpu doesnt bottleneck my gpu... cant wait for the patch, btw.

#453 7th_Genesis

7th_Genesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostChemicalX, on August 31 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostTheOncomingStorm, on August 31 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Im running a HD Radeon 7950 and i run on Ultra. Down side_ I cant run Physix on MAX but I can have them on Durning gameplay even the 20 player maps I never notice frame rates or screen chopping. Id say i run at a solid 40-60 FPS at any given time.
I have a EVGA GTX 660 w/ modded bios (allows 200% power limit) Overclocked to; Core:1033mhz, Memory:1512, Boost 1099.

Runs @ 1920 X 1080 (1080p) Max everything, with Physx on Max.

I get 45-70fps, never dips below 30fps
Posted Image

#454 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted September 01 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Post7th_Genesis, on September 01 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

I have a EVGA GTX 660 w/ modded bios (allows 200% power limit) Overclocked to; Core:1033mhz, Memory:1512, Boost 1099.

lol... mine never goes above 20fps :P
Posted Image

#455 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 01 2013 - 09:42 AM

Wow..., Nah i aint gonna reply :D, it's going to take too long.

By the way, i went to the bakery this morning to get a humble pie but the baker
started laughing with me for some reason !! Thanks for that one.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#456 7th_Genesis

7th_Genesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostRocky1822, on September 01 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

What G-card do you have_
Posted Image

#457 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 10:32 AM

sorry..double post...

Edited by Rocky1822, September 01 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Posted Image

#458 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Post7th_Genesis, on September 01 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

What G-card do you have_
Intel HD graphics  :P
Posted Image

#459 7th_Genesis

7th_Genesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostRocky1822, on September 01 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

View Post7th_Genesis, on September 01 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

What G-card do you have_
Intel HD graphics  :P
Ouch....
Posted Image

#460 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 01 2013 - 07:24 PM

This whole list feels a lot like this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users