HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A Comparison Of Mech Stats

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted September 19 2013 - 02:04 PM

Should you put points into supplementary tunes to make it even better_ Also, you didn't change the fact that it still says that the Raider excel in Suspensions, when it can't put tuning points into it.

It all comes down to personal preferences on how you want your mech to feel when you play it. Even though the Scout has the highest base stat in Boost Thrusters, it might still be preferable to add tuning points allowing it to escape, chase down targets and reach objectives even faster. Also if you were going for an air combat mech you would want to try and max out all air dynamics and fuel options regardless of if they were supplementary or not.

The suspensions for the raider are correct because it has the highest base stats for it (doesn't matter about adding tuning points.), my reply from my last post was poorly worded

These are the definitions

the criteria for choosing what a mech excels or is deficient in is derived from the base stats not the tuning options, see the following:

"A tuning system that a mech excels in means it has the highest base stat in its class
A tuning system that a mech is deficient in means it has the lowest base stat in its class
If the highest/lowest base stat is shared with another mech, it will not be listed
Doesn't take into account the ability to add tuning points"

#62 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted September 20 2013 - 08:23 AM

Lumi, I may be reading the graph wrong, but shouldn't suspensions REDUCE dodge speed rather than increase it_ To suspensions seems to be a special case where a smaller value on the graph is favored rather than a larger one. As an example, look at scout, which has the shortest default. Your graph seems to be adding dodge cool down time to the Infiltrator's default, rather than reducing it.

At least, that's how it reads, anyway.
Posted Image

#63 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted September 20 2013 - 02:46 PM

Lumi, I may be reading the graph wrong, but shouldn't suspensions REDUCE dodge speed rather than increase it_ To suspensions seems to be a special case where a smaller value on the graph is favored rather than a larger one. As an example, look at scout, which has the shortest default. Your graph seems to be adding dodge cool down time to the Infiltrator's default, rather than reducing it.

At least, that's how it reads, anyway.

The lighter colour is the new value after adding tuning points to it, for example if you look at armor you will see the lighter colour is behind and goes further than the teal bar (it has a higher value), however, the opposite is true for suspensions, heatsinks and cooling units (where the lighter value is less than the teal bar).

I will put the note back saying this.

Hope this clears things up!

#64 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 29 2013 - 03:28 AM

Your mech description says the Sharpshooter excels in Armour, and the Grenadier is deficient in Radar.
I think both of those are the other way around, based on your graphs.
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#65 GrayWolf_56

GrayWolf_56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 29 2013 - 09:30 AM

Great work, mate!
CR-T Recruit - "Newbie" | Technician - "Doc" | Rocketeer - "Stones"    xccxasaSas

AMD 955BE @ 3.60 gHz   |    ASUS ROG GENE   | 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 660Ti 2GB | Win Pro 64

#66 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted October 01 2013 - 12:48 AM

Your mech description says the Sharpshooter excels in Armour, and the Grenadier is deficient in Radar.
I think both of those are the other way around, based on your graphs.

Thanks for the spot

#67 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted October 01 2013 - 08:56 PM

NEW UPDATE

I have created a table that gives the relative % increase per point for each tuning system (compared to the base stat) and linked it at the top of the original post.

#68 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 15 2013 - 05:32 AM

So, I found a free hour at work and took the chance to count up the base points of all mechs.
Turns out heavier mechs have slightly more base points, though it's not consistent.
All Lights have 120 points, Mediums between 121 and 124, and Heavies between 123 and 125.
I'm not sure if I should even count weapons loader, or it's just there for a future mech to have a different base value; If it should be counted, it'd be an interesting question whether the technician shoots 10% slower or has 10 more base points, unless the above question also applies to repair Torch tuning.

I attached the .csv, could someone tell me if I counted everything correctly_ You'll have to rename it to *.csv, obviously.^^

Attached Files

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.

#69 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted October 30 2013 - 02:15 AM

eta for Predator to be added_ I know it's only been out a few hours but still :P
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#70 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted November 11 2013 - 04:44 PM

I've updated all the information and pdfs to show the predator stats, sorry it took so long I was away and didnt have internet access for a while.

Things to note about the Predator is that it is exceptionally mediocre in all it's stats

#71 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted November 12 2013 - 12:44 PM

Excellent. Thank you.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#72 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 13 2013 - 11:34 AM

The Predator is an interesting base chassis.
As you already said, it's base points are spread pretty evenly, and then it has the highest dps (low burst in combat) secondary and the highest burst primary.
If it's ability was combat oriented it would probably be a great trooper, given things like the brawler have me lean towards the average being better than the extremes. Though.... maybe not that average.

#73 AshenCrow

AshenCrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted December 17 2013 - 09:53 AM

Very handy, thank you.

#74 10010101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 20 2013 - 09:42 AM

Shot headshot. I to know that it is

#75 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted December 31 2013 - 10:39 PM

NICE STAT PAGE YOU HAVE HERE.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#76 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted January 01 2014 - 12:33 AM

NICE STAT PAGE YOU HAVE HERE.

I know how that turn of phrase finishes lol
On a serious note, I will probably discontinue updating it soon as I work on my much larger and ambitious project (hawken stat database)

#77 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted January 26 2014 - 08:06 AM

thanks

#78 irish_00

irish_00

Advanced Member

• Full Members