HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN Wreckage 3v3 Tournament may 17th @ 1 p.m. PST

Announcement Contest Event Game

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#241 irish_00

irish_00

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted January 25 2014 - 02:57 PM

Team Name: ТАЩ
Players: oo_olio_oo eaxe irish_00

#242 Endolite

Endolite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 05:15 PM

I'd like to see multiple game types in this.

If you add siege & missle assault in a best of "x" type thing, I'll gladly sign up.

Edited by Endolite, February 03 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#243 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 03 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostEndolite, on February 03 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

If you add siege & missle assault in a best of "x" type thing, I'll gladly sign up.

I'm not too sold on that, given that MA and Siege aren't particularly deep. MA is essentially TDM with designated places to kill (no true use of all the geography) and Siege is the official camping game mode of Hawken.  TDM allows for more varied styles of gameplay (buckle down and defend, push hard, deathballin', two groups of 3, 2 split off and harass, etc) than the other game modes imo. Players can take advantage of the map more and teamwork can work around maps, not just specific points.

Edited by Silverfire, February 03 2014 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#244 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted February 03 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostEndolite, on February 03 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

I won't be adding these other game modes to the tournament, I'm sorry that this is a deal breaker for you. The other game modes you want added are just TDM with designated fight locations which lead to stale and repetitive gameplay. Even after the changes to Siege you still play it the same(bland) way but, it is most definitely a better mode after the changes.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#245 MrShade_

MrShade_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:42 PM

Do we have a hard date set for this yet_ Would like to know well ahead of time in case I (or any other team) need to make some changes to teams.

#246 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'll give enough notice once I have the ability to set a date, [sarcasm]unfortunately their server performance is more important to them than this tournament. Shame on adhesive![/sarcasm]

I plan on giving at least a 3 or 4 week notice before the tournament date.

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#247 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:01 AM

kk good boy!

i think i will be in whit a dream team (muhahaha)

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#248 Endolite

Endolite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 07:17 PM

Team Name: Paula Dean's Klan Chowder

Players: Endolite, VinWeasel, Bertbot

Also, your opinion is biased.. Saying that you fight in repetitive locations is a generic statement. There are 3 areas that are contested during that game-type.. So it's intentional. Just because you don't like the way it plays out doesn't mean it's not what others think. There's a strategy to each game-type. If you're not going to add it, that's fine - it's your tournament, I respect that. Don't just come out and say "it's repetitive and stale".

Secondly, what I suggested was - mixing up gametypes. If you look at other leagues, they mix different gametypes. For example in MLG Halo comeptitions, its TDM, CTF, Oddball, all mixed in. This adds variety, and prevents things from being "stale and repetitive". I'm not being sarcastic when I say that I'm not meaning to come off as brash in my reply, but I just found it a bit shallow to say that it doesn't require skill because there is emphasis on certain parts of the map, rather than full utilization of the topography. I cannot tell you how many tides have turned simply because a team designates flanking orders, rather than bum-rushing the AA in a siege game. There are vast amounts of variables that make it a strategic game. It's not just an amalgam of disorienting firefights in specific areas. To the same token, I can say that TDM is a cluster-"yuck" of, camping, triple teaming, etc. However, as an avid TDM guy, I bet you could rebuttal that in more ways than one. I just found it a tad frustrating with your retort and vehement nature against objective based gametypes.

All I'm saying - keep an open mind for future tournaments, count me in on this one, and I'm excited to play competitively, and thanks for working hard to get this put together. :)

As well - I've done work in journalism fields and have a voice for broadcasting, just no experience. If you'd like to give me a script to read off and record, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Edited by Endolite, February 05 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#249 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 02:34 PM

The stale and repetitive gameplay comments aren't just my thoughts but those of many competitive players. The comment about fighting in the same locations isn't generic but a fact, you only fight near 3 locations AA(S2) or EU Silos(S1/S3). The gameplay to these other game modes isn't unique or interesting and doesn't really engage the user when compared to TDM. I'll admit that at lower levels of play TDM does appear boring and stale due players skill level but, at the other end of the spectrum its quite the exhilarating experience in comparison to other game modes. I'll be revisiting the MA & Siege game modes in scrims when we get players with steam keys.

#250 Endolite

Endolite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 06:17 PM

If you had read what I said: I never once denied the fact that geographic skirmishes are more limited in the objective based games, I simply stated the "stale and repetitive" nature is your opinion, one you share with TDM elitists.

Plain and simple.
Just as it is my opinion that it is not.

I didn't say make MA, and Siege the only gametypes. I said consider mixing in the other gametypes for future tournaments.

Thanks.

PS - I signed up for the tournament.

Edited by Endolite, February 05 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#251 Nazmorgul

Nazmorgul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 08:54 PM

Fix the game before the tournament...this bloody patch. Thanks

#252 MrShade_

MrShade_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted February 06 2014 - 11:03 AM

With the new game changes these 3v3 matches are going to go super quick haha.

#253 SkyeBeats

SkyeBeats

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:04 PM

Teamname: The Hobs Team
Teamates: Hobs, bloodytree, SkyeBeats.

Edited by SkyeBeats, February 06 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#254 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostEndolite, on February 05 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

If you had read what I said: I never once denied the fact that geographic skirmishes are more limited in the objective based games, I simply stated the "stale and repetitive" nature is your opinion, one you share with TDM elitists.

Plain and simple.
Just as it is my opinion that it is not.

I didn't say make MA, and Siege the only gametypes. I said consider mixing in the other gametypes for future tournaments.

Thanks.

PS - I signed up for the tournament.

Must have teammates like your post, lets me know they are on board with your team.

#255 Endolite

Endolite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 09:03 AM

Ah! Alrighty, sorry.

I'll have them create an account later today.

Thanks again.

#256 VinWeasel

VinWeasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostEndolite, on February 04 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Team Name: Paula Dean's Klan Chowder

Players: Endolite, VinWeasel, Bertbot

Also, your opinion is biased.. Saying that you fight in repetitive locations is a generic statement. There are 3 areas that are contested during that game-type.. So it's intentional. Just because you don't like the way it plays out doesn't mean it's not what others think. There's a strategy to each game-type. If you're not going to add it, that's fine - it's your tournament, I respect that. Don't just come out and say "it's repetitive and stale".

Secondly, what I suggested was - mixing up gametypes. If you look at other leagues, they mix different gametypes. For example in MLG Halo comeptitions, its TDM, CTF, Oddball, all mixed in. This adds variety, and prevents things from being "stale and repetitive". I'm not being sarcastic when I say that I'm not meaning to come off as brash in my reply, but I just found it a bit shallow to say that it doesn't require skill because there is emphasis on certain parts of the map, rather than full utilization of the topography. I cannot tell you how many tides have turned simply because a team designates flanking orders, rather than bum-rushing the AA in a siege game. There are vast amounts of variables that make it a strategic game. It's not just an amalgam of disorienting firefights in specific areas. To the same token, I can say that TDM is a cluster-"yuck" of, camping, triple teaming, etc. However, as an avid TDM guy, I bet you could rebuttal that in more ways than one. I just found it a tad frustrating with your retort and vehement nature against objective based gametypes.

All I'm saying - keep an open mind for future tournaments, count me in on this one, and I'm excited to play competitively, and thanks for working hard to get this put together. :)

As well - I've done work in journalism fields and have a voice for broadcasting, just no experience. If you'd like to give me a script to read off and record, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

IN

#257 Sandcracka

Sandcracka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 04:42 PM

Looking for 2 other skilled pilots to form a good team!  Preferably older/mature players with a mic.  Hit me up on here and/or in game.

#258 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'll go ahead and be the first to confirm a team.  

PM'ed.

Edited by Xacius, April 14 2014 - 02:00 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#259 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted April 14 2014 - 02:39 PM

Awesome, PM sent :)

Posted Image

#260 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 07:52 PM

Team list updated with Hyper Friendship Cannon, Los Chipocludos, and ShutUpKma

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Contest, Event, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users