HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

"Sawn-SBS" Shotgun, new weapon

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted October 14 2013 - 02:08 PM

i create post in weapon suggestion tread, but then I visited a couple of ideas
1) a new gun (looks like adequately)
2) okay, no need to delete vulcan on brawler :lol:! just new weap. :P

"Sawn-SBS" Shotgun

in fact it's sawed-off shotgun, shoot fraction (4 or 5 bullets in fractions) with low spreads.

has two firing modes:
1) shot of two barrels at a time, with a slight delay to reload after two shots. (shot - shot - pause - shot - shot - pause ... etc)
2) The shot of the two barrels simultaneously, hold down the mouse button on 1.5-2 seconds for the "charged" shot.
3) If you shoot one round, then making a charged shot, you will deal only 45 damage instead of 90 as in the barrel will only be one round.
Therefore, you will need to follow the reloading weapons for maximum efficiency in fight, which would make an interesting weapon to use! (and maybe little hard-to-use :lol:, but it's cool, isn't it_)

Damage: 45 per bullet (90 if charged)
DPS - Low
Heating - medium
effective range - 62-65m.

images and gif how it work
1) pics
Posted Image
2) pew-pew
Posted Image

what do you think about the sawed-off shotgun_

Also variant, what if the gun will not shoot like a shotgun, and will have a "large-caliber bullet"_ Then it would not be "another a shotgun" (image possible bullet)
Spoiler

Edited by nepacaka, October 16 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#2 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted October 14 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postnepacaka, on October 14 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

2) why not replace brawler Vulcan-D he it is not necessary, given its slow speed is the worst fur for a vulcan in the game. And given that the vulcan is in 3 out of 4 mech ...

NO!

Vulcan and Flak have always been the 2 defining weapons of the Brawler. It used to be that Only the Brawler, Grenadier and Bruiser had the Vulcan. If we're going to remove the Vulcan from any classes, it should be the Berserker, Assault/CR-T, and Vanguard.

Honestly, I think we have enough Flak guns in the game for now, and in the FPS genre "Flak" is basically an alternate name for any "Shotgun" style weapon, even though that is inaccurate in reality.

Nice illustrations though.

#3 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 02:30 PM

NO!
this is just a suggestion =)

Honestly, I think we have enough Flak guns in the game for now, and in the FPS genre "Flak" is basically an alternate name for any "Shotgun" style weapon, even though that is inaccurate in reality.
I love shotguns in games, and even more i love when they are different. Like CS 1.6 we have 2 different shotguns. I like sawed-off, automatically shotgun and other, in FallOut 1/2 i have many type of  shotguns, and it's cool for me.
So when I came up with the idea for this gun, I just thought to myself, "why not draw it_"

Edited by nepacaka, October 14 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#4 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 11:45 PM

hm...has another idea as not to turn in weapons in "just another shotgun"

You can make a weapon property that is similar to redox-O2 (there are many variations possible: increased damage, speed reduction, something like poison and other nonsense thing :D), make a low one-time loss 30dmg / 60dmg charged. And the determination of such a weapon for a support class.

Hawken now only one support class - tech, I think over time, developers will add some semblance of Buffer or debaffer and other classes (B or C)
:|

#5 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 15 2013 - 02:38 AM

I like the illustrations you did for it, that's some decent work.
The Vulcan currently is just a bit too weak, especially on the Brawler, but I think he needs that kind of sustained fire weapon.
The Flak just outshines it.
The concept is sound, though, and it's really like a unique weapon for each mech.
Maybe have the Charge mode let projectiles bounce like a reflak_
Or if you hold down the trigger, it will load an additional driving charge to reduce spread and increase effective range_
Such a weapon would need something to set it apart from a regular Flak; Then again, heavy weapons is what the brawler should wield, maybe a Sawn-Off Shotgun type of gun doesn't really fit it_
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#6 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 05:01 AM

first proposal about the weapon, well, possibility of installation on brawler is secondary proposal, such weapons may be on a different mech.

Or if you hold down the trigger, it will load an additional driving charge to reduce spread and increase effective range_
very good idea! =)

#7 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 15 2013 - 05:32 AM

I like the idea, having own ideas aswell :) might post them. :P

Great job explaining, nice visualisations.. me likey.
Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#8 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 15 2013 - 05:37 AM

Yeh, I wish I could do that kind of illustration for the few suggestions I did so far. I always put effort in them, but drawing_ Come on.
He even 'animated' it, aka drew a lot more than just 2 pics.

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.

#9 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 15 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostUnDeaD_CyBorG, on October 15 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Yeh, I wish I could do that kind of illustration for the few suggestions I did so far. I always put effort in them, but drawing_ Come on.
He even 'animated' it, aka drew a lot more than just 2 pics.

Actually he only did draw it twice_ You can make gifs in Photoshop - tis just an overlay defined by time.

But yeah it takes effort. :P

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#10 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 15 2013 - 06:38 AM

Well, you need to make it in standard and firing state, then make the reload once and the muzzle flash, then mix and match until you got every single picture to make a gif out of.
Though, honestly, I don't have Photoshop anymore. Did in the past, but that fuzzy bunny's expensive. Awesome program, though.

#11 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 15 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostUnDeaD_CyBorG, on October 15 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Well, you need to make it in standard and firing state, then make the reload once and the muzzle flash, then mix and match until you got every single picture to make a gif out of.
Though, honestly, I don't have Photoshop anymore. Did in the past, but that fuzzy bunny's expensive. Awesome program, though.

I get it for 65 euro :) Gotta love school.

#12 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 15 2013 - 06:45 AM

65 € for professional Photoshop_ Damn that's cheap.
I think it normally costs that much per month_
Yeh, lucky you.
My father still has CE4 on his PC which I got from school back when (or study, it was a private academy course), but I can't transfer it, and there's a few hundred km between us.^^

#13 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 08:28 AM

Actually he only did draw it twice_ You can make gifs in Photoshop - tis just an overlay defined by time.
You 100% right. sorry but i'am not Erathic, it is a maximum that I can draw :D
5-6 Layers for drawing, and 10-11 animation frames of the few variants.

Considering that I was not a designer, it came out very well. This is simply the result of diligence and zeal (and some fantasy), I spent the whole evening, to paint it :lol:

#14 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted October 15 2013 - 09:26 AM

I feel kinda the same as Umbre, there's already a lot of shotguns in the game.

Maybe if it were a slug-round shotgun, similar to the slug-rifle but with a substantially steeper effective range falloff, and maintained the charging ability, I might use it.  Maybe even make it a projectile like the Heat Cannon, similar speed to a charged Heat shot but with bullet drop, and it may be unique enough to consider as an alternative to other weapons currently in Hawken.
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#15 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:35 AM

ThirdEyE, I agree with you, in principle, no matter how it will shoot, I just wanted to show the general concept (appearance). Just a small compact weapon, I think it would look cool on the C-class, it would be a kind of "contrast" (big mech / small weap, well you understand me)

little bonus comrades:
Posted Image
old school drawing =)

#16 Ninnamin

Ninnamin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSome place in the northern US

Posted October 15 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'd like it if it were a longer-range shotty or some type of heavy-caliber weapon. If it had a small enough spread that it worked best at medium ranges, while not performing as adequately at long or short ranges, I would be happy. We already have enough weapons that work ideally at longer and shorter ranges, I would like to see something that works best somewhere in the middle.

I would also suggest that the barrels be separate, because it looks a bit strange for a projectile to somehow perfectly force back a mass that's not centered at where it was fired from.

Also, I appreciate that you went through the trouble of drawing visual aids for us.

Edited by Ninnamin, October 15 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#17 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:47 PM

Not much to do with the original concept, but couldn't the barrel-push-back be used on a multi-barrel gun with a gauss accelerator_
Single shot is a slightly weaker AM-Sar, or fire all barrels after a short charge, with high spread and lower damage.
Also, I'd second the notion to go for a mediocre accuracy slug gun (shotgun slugs, not the slug rifle^^) for a future shotgun.
Btw, can't we just saw off a slug rifle like the Hawkins to RPR conversion_

Edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG, October 15 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#18 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted October 16 2013 - 12:44 AM

also variant
Posted Image
Shotgun + grenade launcher
1) first mode - just shotgun like mini-flak/re-flak
2) second mode - shoots bouncing grenade with sraphell (like a mini-barrel :D). about 90-100 damage
Grenade bounces off completely from everything (also bounces off of enemies and allies), and therefore more unpredictable than the current GL. Detonates at 3 touching. Hard to used in combat over open countryside, but it is perfect for throwing around the corner.

note: the first mode does not have to be a shotgun, it may be a heavy machine gun as the Hawkins, effective at medium ranges

Edited by nepacaka, October 16 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#19 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 16 2013 - 04:27 AM

How would you switch fire mode on a primary_

#20 tektzby

tektzby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFar far away

Posted October 16 2013 - 05:14 AM

First of all LEAVE VULCAN BE!!
And second of all - neat idea for new weapon, i dont understand why it have ironsides, but i presume its just a design mark. Its like flack/nade lauchner. its really great idea (we already have sawed snipie, normal twin snipie in game and flack and its small mutation aswell). What about implement this like elite for tekie, there is empty place_!

From the other side yes, we already have similar ingame, but i really dont want just forgot his idea.

Edited by tektzby, October 16 2013 - 05:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users