HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Patch Notes: Wreckage

Update

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#41 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:01 PM

For the sake of not appearing entirely negative, I just want to say that I am looking forward to seeing the new map & customizations. I'm also happy about the return of the magenta trim lines. I was just surprised at there being no mention of the failsafe or fuel converter in the patch notes.

#42 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:07 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on November 29 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

We definitely understand the concerns regarding the overall balance of the game. This patch is primarily focused on content, and balance will be the focus of future patches.

For instance, we already have changes planned for the Failsafe and Hellfires, they just didn't quite make it into this patch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:10 PM

We definitely understand the concerns regarding the overall balance of the game. This patch is primarily focused on content, and balance will be the focus of future patches.

For instance, we already have changes planned for the Failsafe and Hellfires, they just didn't quite make it into this patch.
after this, others will complain about it being to weak, just watch, just watch........
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#44 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:24 PM

ropefish, on November 29 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Posted Image[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on , said:

after this, others will complain about it being to weak, just watch, just watch........

The next thing is gonna be that the TOW-rocket deals too much damage.
I`ll fix it later.

#45 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostAregon, on November 29 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

I hear they are too weak more often - I personally am more or less fine with how they are.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#46 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostSaturnine, on November 29 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

View PostAregon, on November 29 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

I hear they are too weak more often - I personally am more or less fine with how they are.
More speed, more damage and more spinning. People would most likely be hating it, but it would give it some more style.
I`ll fix it later.

#47 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostAregon, on November 29 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

More speed, more damage and more spinning.

YES

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#48 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted November 29 2013 - 11:59 PM

That's great to hear that these haven't been ignored, but what's up with the MIRV nerf_  Is going from KLA to MIRV really worth the 15 extra damage_

Sorry to sound negative, I appreciate the work you guys are putting into the game.  But please, could it be made a priority to have an improved social system in the game as well as balance_  Any status updates on a clan or room system_
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#49 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostThirdEyE, on November 29 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

That's great to hear that these haven't been ignored, but what's up with the MIRV nerf_  Is going from KLA to MIRV really worth the 15 extra damage_

Sorry to sound negative, I appreciate the work you guys are putting into the game.  But please, could it be made a priority to have an improved social system in the game as well as balance_  Any status updates on a clan or room system_
it is worth it 0-0
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#50 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostThirdEyE, on November 29 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

It'd be worth it to me even if it did less damage than the grenade (not that I want that to happen), simply because of how much easier it is to hit airborne enemies with the MIRV. Against anything else, I've always preferred the grenade anyway.

#51 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 30 2013 - 02:41 AM

I can't for the life of me understand why the two mechs with two explosive weapons and massive damage output get considering more mobility than the Brawler with its limited range.

THIS !

THIS !

THIS !

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#52 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted November 30 2013 - 03:55 AM

I am happy that the magenta trim lines are coming back, and I do not have to start a riot over it. I am happy that we get an new, awesome looking map, and a new winter map. I am happy that the SA-Hawkins should actually be useful now.

I am not happy that there are still rental only seasonal items. I hope that the Frostburn paint patterns are global. I know that I will not bother to buy the rental items, and I will probably not bother with the paint patterns if the are single mech only.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#53 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted November 30 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostAkrium, on November 29 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Why is the Hawkin's now a fully upgrade option over the AR_ It has a longer range, better accuracy and more dps. WHAT_!_!_!

The gun is failing in use because sustain weapons are still failing on a whole and you have way too many similar guns that are sustain dmg. Pick one of 5 similar sustain dmg weapons that are different in dmg/accuracy and range in a balanced way. Plus you put in on some mechs that have no real reason to use it. Such as the brawler.

Why even compare it to the AR_ The AR isn't an option on any mech that can use the Hawkins. That aside, even among sustain weapons the SA Hawkins was easily the worst. It needed a damage boost badly.

#54 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted November 30 2013 - 05:28 AM

Devs !  What are you doing _! Ahah ! Stop it ! We don't need this !
Dismiss several designers and hire more programmers !

#55 zaepp

zaepp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGet to da AA!

Posted November 30 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostZanozus, on November 30 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

Devs !  What are you doing _! Ahah ! Stop it ! We don't need this !
Dismiss several designers and hire more programmers !

This.

I mean c'mon, this game suppose to be a "beta-version" and isn't even feature-complete. Shiny new content will last for about one week as long as this game does not provide certain core-mechanics. And if you always need a half eternity to fix obviously broken game-mechanics, good luck retaining a proper player base. Fixes for things like HF, Fuel Converter and Failsafe should roll out on a weekly basis.

Yeah, but I am looking forward to this new map.

It's just the trees Johnny, just the trees ... (Unknown pilot after his first TDM on Last Eco)

Adapt or GTFO! (Unknown pilot after Steam FUBAR)

Enlist for competitive FarmVille today!  

#56 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted November 30 2013 - 07:59 AM

It's not like everyone in ADH can work on balancing weapons or hellfires.  Some departments work on content/sound/servers.  

I'm surprised people aren't mentioning the return of Magenta trim :)

I feel servers/latency lag issues are more pressing than the balance issues and am glad to see those addressed.

I do hope for some word about clan support/organized scrims.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#57 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 08:22 AM

Very happy to hear. Could these balance changes to the failsafe and hellfires potentially make an appearance in a hotfix this December_ Or do we need to wait until the next full patch_ Too early to say_

If you guys need help testing some of the changes before releasing them, you got a whole community eager to try out new things! Food for thought.

Keep up the good fight [HWK]!

#58 r4phstryker

r4phstryker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostCounterlogicMan, on November 30 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Very happy to hear. Could these balance changes to the failsafe and hellfires potentially make an appearance in a hotfix this December_ Or do we need to wait until the next full patch_ Too early to say_

If you guys need help testing some of the changes before releasing them, you got a whole community eager to try out new things! Food for thought.

Keep up the good fight [HWK]!

Co-sign!
I don't believe in God, but i believe in myself.
In Linus Torvalds, we trust.

#59 JudgeGrey

JudgeGrey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationFDL WIsconsin

Posted November 30 2013 - 09:00 AM

all primary testing is in HAB (wish they would add more of us to it) and we are the testers of live Just FYI Counterlogic
It's the jakes that make the job. It's the Jake behind the wheel.
It's the Jake that rides beside 'em whose nerves are edged with steel.
It's the jakes that ride behind them when the truck rolls to a call.
The sirens blare and we say a prayer 'til they're home safe one and all.

#60 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostJudgeGrey, on November 30 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

all primary testing is in HAB (wish they would add more of us to it) and we are the testers of live Just FYI Counterlogic

Wait, what_

There hasn't been a HAB test since pre-ascension.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users