HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Patch Notes: Wreckage

Update

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#61 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostJudgeGrey, on November 30 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

all primary testing is in HAB (wish they would add more of us to it) and we are the testers of live Just FYI Counterlogic

I am aware of this.

I guess to make what I was getting at abundantly clear.

Maybe restart HAB and add more of us (or everyone at pilot lvl 30 maybe) to HAB.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, November 30 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#62 JudgeGrey

JudgeGrey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationFDL WIsconsin

Posted November 30 2013 - 09:21 AM

yep the Seattle testing team can only do so much and I am sure we all would love to help ;)
It's the jakes that make the job. It's the Jake behind the wheel.
It's the Jake that rides beside 'em whose nerves are edged with steel.
It's the jakes that ride behind them when the truck rolls to a call.
The sirens blare and we say a prayer 'til they're home safe one and all.

#63 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 09:24 AM

They have said that running HAB often would be too expensive.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#64 JudgeGrey

JudgeGrey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationFDL WIsconsin

Posted November 30 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostSylhiri, on November 30 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

They have said that running HAB often would be too expensive.

Ya I used wrong term was trying to refer to the testing team they send it to now as they talk about in some of the updates :unsure:
It's the jakes that make the job. It's the Jake behind the wheel.
It's the Jake that rides beside 'em whose nerves are edged with steel.
It's the jakes that ride behind them when the truck rolls to a call.
The sirens blare and we say a prayer 'til they're home safe one and all.

#65 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 10:09 AM

Didn't one of the dev updates say that this patch was supposed to give us access to the Vanguard Initiate cosmetic parts on all our C-class mechs_

Posted Image

#66 prprlchckn

prprlchckn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThe magical realm of nobody cares.

Posted November 30 2013 - 10:10 AM

I find myself quite impressed by the new map but I also question the reasoning for the MIRV nerf. I'll explain, the MIRV needed that edge in the damage seeing as the raider could only battle in close ranges and was basically a peashooter against other mechs at farther ranges, The raider is actually very well balanced, the damage from the MIRV is rather high I'll admit but it is balanced out by the short range, the raider needs to be able to deliver a large amount of damage in a small amount of time becuase it is often forced to move far away from teamates in order to obtain kills because alot of the mechs are effective at medium range and the raider is not one of them, even thogh the KLA has a medium range fireing mode it seems to do alot less damage and be less accurate so it needs the edge in close combat in order to be worth the time and/or HC required to obtain it. :mellow:
Why Aren't These Chickens Purple_

#67 MechCraft

MechCraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 10:10 AM

Every top tier match is failsafe/fuel converter abuse. Every mid/high tier match is hellfire spam.

Fixes are lined up_ That's nice. Are we going to have to wait another month or two before seeing them_ Because seeing the same broken nonsense played a shiny new map doesn't make the broken nonsense any more tolerable.

I honestly couldn't give two fuzzy bunnies about new content right now. Fix your game.

Edited by MechCraft, November 30 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Beware of ninjas.

#68 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted November 30 2013 - 10:29 AM

I think hawken is being destroyed from within, it is heading to a place where no one is happy. Adhesive needs more programmers and less art guys. If I was working on hawken, I think it would be hard to be proud of this product.

because bow ties are cool

#69 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted November 30 2013 - 10:49 AM

I guess giving an insignificant buff to an ability no one uses, nerfing the MIRV (admittedly, this was probably needed), and buffing the SA (also needed) were all more pressing balance changes than bringing Failsafe/Hellfires into line and fixing the Fuel Converter+Failsafe combination. Have any of the devs actually played more than a match or two after Invasion_ If so, I can't imagine they'd believe the former fixes I listed are more important than the latter ones that are desperately needed to keep Hawken from becoming monotonous and frustrating.

#70 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted November 30 2013 - 10:54 AM

Theres still things than needs to be corrected so its normal, its step by step, am think than raider nerf inst so needed, in my case ill find the grenade launch mode of the corsair more usefull, what is needed is the change in the fuel converter / failsafe in internals, and give the scout a gun than replaces the flak cannon, it's boring killing people with the heavier flak, already one using scout have advantage of speed and turns boring, the flak cannon should be for the BRAWLER only for make honor of his name sake, Scout with the Mini flak and Heat cannon are fine, also the Heat cannon now it's reasonable because has been forgotten and received nerf after nerf, now than the Heat cannon it's fine somebody want another nerf, huh, ¿How many players uses Heat cannon in general_ less than 50 compared to the vast mayority than prioritizes the law of less effort.

Overall the game still are walking that long path to full release

Edited by Taerkasten, November 30 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#71 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted November 30 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostJeffMagnum, on November 30 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

I guess giving an insignificant buff to an ability no one uses, nerfing the MIRV (admittedly, this was probably needed), and buffing the SA (also needed) were all more pressing balance changes than bringing Failsafe/Hellfires into line and fixing the Fuel Converter+Failsafe combination. Have any of the devs actually played more than a match or two after Invasion_ If so, I can't imagine they'd believe the former fixes I listed are more important than the latter ones that are desperately needed to keep Hawken from becoming monotonous and frustrating.

agreed........even though i do love the new map....was expecting more fixes....

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, November 30 2013 - 11:01 AM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#72 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted November 30 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostDinre, on November 30 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Didn't one of the dev updates say that this patch was supposed to give us access to the Vanguard Initiate cosmetic parts on all our C-class mechs_

Nope, just standard Vanguard parts are made available to all other C-types. This has already been fixed.
Posted Image

#73 KillaKiwi

KillaKiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 11:43 AM

• Corsair-KLA
    • MIRV Projectile damage decreased from 26.25 to 23.125.
Developer's Note: We felt that the Corsair was a bit too strong when used in its MIRV firing mode. It's damage was well over every other secondary in the game and this change brings the MIRV projectile damage down to a more consistent level.

What the hell_ Of course it was strong, it's a fuzzy bunny shootgun type weapon. But hey lets decrease the damage so that player have absolutely no reason to switch from grenade to close range mirv mode. Great idea.
If you want to nerf this weapon do it the right way and decrease it's range instead of it's power.

#74 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 30 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on November 30 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Nope, just standard Vanguard parts are made available to all other C-types. This has already been fixed.
Not exactly Beefsweat, Dinre is correct.

https://community.pl...ard +initiative
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#75 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostJudgeGrey, on November 30 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

all primary testing is in HAB (wish they would add more of us to it) and we are the testers of live Just FYI Counterlogic

Just so people are aware there isn't a HAB running or anything like that. The only time HAB was used was to test out Ascension and that was done in two phases. Since then HAB has been unused due to limited resources and the over all expense of running something like that would be too much.

Posted Image

#76 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:10 PM

I would LOVE to see hellfires no longer locking on to predators while cloaked, that would be awesome...

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#77 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:16 PM

View Postfingerknitter, on November 30 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I would LOVE to see hellfires no longer locking on to predators while cloaked, that would be awesome...

That's actually a bug if I remember correctly and will hopefully be addressed soon. Just another reason on the laundry list of reasons why Hellfires require little skill to use.

Posted Image

#78 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:35 PM

nice content additions but very disappointing on the balance/design side
there are a growing number of elephants in the room and they're starting to create a stink

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#79 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostSS396, on November 30 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

View PostBeefsweat, on November 30 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Not exactly Beefsweat, Dinre is correct.

https://community.pl...ard +initiative
as i was looking through this.......

Chris Vance:
We currently have two C-Class mechs being worked on by our Mech Feature Teams (mentioned by Jason above) and they're pounding away at some awesome stuff! These new C-Class mechs are being designed with the intention to make their abilities more unique and exciting. Who knows, maybe some day soon you will see those shoulder-mounted cannons.

ty, ty very much
https://community.pl...c-class-sniper/

Edited by ropefish, November 30 2013 - 12:43 PM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
    -VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#80 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 798 posts
    • LocationUS-East

Posted November 30 2013 - 12:52 PM

Magenta's back. Thanks W×32.
    Hawkins buff_ ...Sure, okay.
    Don't see any other improvements of note.

Content is a well that often runs dry. I won't say Hawken has enough content (it doesn't), but throwing maps and mechs at it won't make it go away; the issue is more fundamental (more modes, more equivalent play styles i.e. check your power creep). Adding Civs sure as hell didn't save AoEO.

MIRV nerf is a band-aid "fix" to the Raider; there were better options.

Until Turret Mode is given the ability to side-dash, it will always be a joke; even for the Vanguard, it is not the focal point of a C Class. That is the reality of the game you have made, one that rewards burst mobility.

Keji, perhaps you've encountered a bout of lacunar amnesia_ While surely the Grenadier and Rocketeer are faster than the Brawler, I have not forgotten the ubiquitous cries to make C Class mechs faster. I understand the Brawler is in a regrettable state, but if one leg is too short then the correct solution is to lengthen that one leg. There is little need to adjust aspects of other mechs when those aspects are fine as they are. In short: If you want to buff the Brawler, Buff The Brawler.

As for a steep learning curve being beneficial for a game: I don't disagree, but you're at this point asking for the whole of Ascension to be undone. Every tune and internal spits in the face of Hawken's learning curve. If you don't want to learn something, tune it away until you don't have to. That is Hawken. Good luck in your endeavor; you'll need it.

Thanks for the patch. It is a small* step forward. *exact size to be determined

It was fun while it lasted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users