HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Sad, Sad, Sad Heat Cannon

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 02 2013 - 06:39 PM

I used it on my scout before it got buffed, but have been moving towards the flak recently and haven't found the heart to use it again even though it did get buffed!!! I see heat scouts and ESPECIALLY heat infiltrators, more so than EOC infiltrators now a days...

I haven't had the time to really perfect the anti air heat use, and since the rise in popularity of air dynamics and air dodging, its probably why I have been choosing the flak cannon almost every time on my scout :S

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#22 Discessus

Discessus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationarid-zona

Posted December 02 2013 - 07:07 PM

View Postfingerknitter, on December 02 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

I haven't had the time to really perfect the anti air heat use, and since the rise in popularity of air dynamics and air dodging,
Walls and formations, herd them with grenades/tow.

#23 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 02 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostDiscessus, on December 02 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

I haven't had the time to really perfect the anti air heat use, and since the rise in popularity of air dynamics and air dodging,

I try man haha but sometimes...you don't have a choice...and the difference between me and Evolwar playing a heat infiltrator is that Evolwar can land direct hits when you are in the air WITHOUT having to rely on the splash from walls and formations...most of the people I end up playing regularily have that kind of skill so I stick to my Reaper, flak scout and zerker as my "Ok funs over, we gotta win this" mechs xD

BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#24 Discessus

Discessus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationarid-zona

Posted December 02 2013 - 07:58 PM

View Postfingerknitter, on December 02 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I try man haha but sometimes...you don't have a choice...and the difference between me and Evolwar playing a heat infiltrator is that Evolwar can land direct hits when you are in the air WITHOUT having to rely on the splash from walls and formations...most of the people I end up playing regularily have that kind of skill so I stick to my Reaper, flak scout and zerker as my "Ok funs over, we gotta win this" mechs xD
I can often land hits in the air, but not often enough to rely on them.  Evol would kick my tail if we met soon.  My infil is my 'Fun's over, now you've made me fuzzy bunny mad' mech.

Edited by Discessus, December 02 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#25 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 02 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostDiscessus, on December 02 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postfingerknitter, on December 02 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I can often land hits in the air, but not often enough to rely on them.  Evol would kick my tail if we met soon.  My infil is my 'Fun's over, now you've made me fuzzy bunny mad' mech.

Haha, yeah, I gotta work on the projectile based weapons in general; this is the first game where I have actually been exposed to projectile based primary weapons and whatnot so I naturally devolve to the hitscan when I don't have a chance to fuzzy bunny around :o

BlackSteelBrotherhood

#26 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted December 02 2013 - 08:09 PM

The HEAT is in a good state. It's a really powerful weapon if you can pull off direct hits, and a mediocre one if you can't.

#27 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 02 2013 - 08:10 PM

rocketeer+heat+hellfires= OP99999999
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#28 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted December 02 2013 - 08:12 PM

Feels balanced to me, but I said that even when it was OP. I guess I'm just sick of HEAT nerfs... always been my favorite primary.
Call me Nos.

#29 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 02 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostN0stalgia, on December 02 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Feels balanced to me, but I said that even when it was OP. I guess I'm just sick of HEAT nerfs... always been my favorite primary.

Since I saw it in my first hawken gameplay trailer, I always thought it looked the coolest and behaved super cool >< I wish I could be better at it ><

BlackSteelBrotherhood

#30 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 02 2013 - 11:05 PM

then why no one uses it_ :lol:

#31 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 02 2013 - 11:08 PM

View Postnepacaka, on December 02 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

then why no one uses it_ :lol:
its so hard to use :P
ut its good once you know how, i still cant do it good but ever now and then it works :3
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#32 chuckdm

chuckdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThe Loveliest Village on the Plains

Posted December 03 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostDiscessus, on December 02 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I use Heat on Infil and Scout.  I like the weapon.

This.  Especially on Infil, it's the best primary Infil gets.  Miniflak on Scout is really tied with HEAT, equally useful but at very different ranges.  But on Infil, neither the EOC Repeater nor the other gun (I honestly can't remember right now) compares to the HEAT.  Basically turns the Infil into a kill-enemies-around-corners-then-vanish machine.  Which is good since it can't survive a full-frontal 1-on-1 with anything in the game, heh.

As to the direct vs indirect damage, perhaps a breacher-style change would be in order_  Uncharged shot would handle exactly like it does now (flies somewhat slow, medium-high splash, etc.)  Then, charged it does more damage, flies faster, but has no splash at all.  idk exact numbers but say 40% faster and 40% more damage charged.  Basically like the breacher's rail shot (though slower-yet-higher-damage.)  This would still play to the Infil/Scout's hit-and-run style, and on the Rocketeer it gives them a long-range punch that can't be dodged like rockets at the cost of sustained DPS.

Just a thought, seems like it would improve the weapon.  I've spent 1 day playing my shiny new Predator now and I'm really loving the dual-mode primary idea.  HEAT seems like an excellent weapon to adopt this model.
I'm just a bill.  Yes I'm only a bill.  And I'm sitting here on capitol hill.  I'd be a law now but the Republicans keep refusing to let anyone vote on me.  So I'm covered in mold.  Because I'm just a bill...

#33 Braconiere

Braconiere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted December 03 2013 - 06:46 AM

Totally agree with OP's tips. Heat Scout is real fun, and also I don't like close engagements with flak and so. The most moral reward you get is when you kill an enemy with heat cannon while he's mid-air. It's like YEEEAAH DEAL WITH IT

#34 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 03 2013 - 06:54 AM

View Postchuckdm, on December 03 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

View PostDiscessus, on December 02 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I use Heat on Infil and Scout.  I like the weapon.

This.  Especially on Infil, it's the best primary Infil gets.  Miniflak on Scout is really tied with HEAT, equally useful but at very different ranges.  But on Infil, neither the EOC Repeater nor the other gun (I honestly can't remember right now) compares to the HEAT.  Basically turns the Infil into a kill-enemies-around-corners-then-vanish machine.  Which is good since it can't survive a full-frontal 1-on-1 with anything in the game, heh.

As to the direct vs indirect damage, perhaps a breacher-style change would be in order_  Uncharged shot would handle exactly like it does now (flies somewhat slow, medium-high splash, etc.)  Then, charged it does more damage, flies faster, but has no splash at all.  idk exact numbers but say 40% faster and 40% more damage charged.  Basically like the breacher's rail shot (though slower-yet-higher-damage.)  This would still play to the Infil/Scout's hit-and-run style, and on the Rocketeer it gives them a long-range punch that can't be dodged like rockets at the cost of sustained DPS.

Just a thought, seems like it would improve the weapon.  I've spent 1 day playing my shiny new Predator now and I'm really loving the dual-mode primary idea.  HEAT seems like an excellent weapon to adopt this model.

That's an interesting change and, if anything, would give you SOME reason to use the charged shots more often xD

BlackSteelBrotherhood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users