HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

[Public questionnaire] Are you still playing regularly_ If not, why did you stop playing_

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#201 Ehcin

Ehcin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted January 05 2014 - 03:46 AM

I'll be honest, it's been a couple of months since I last played.

Somewhere along the line I got tired of the one sided matches I usually end up with, combined with the fact that there aren't that many EU players left (in EU servers). The matchmaking never really did its job from my experience.

I'm not talking about getting smackered across the pavement every match, but also being on the side handing the smacking. The game just isn't fun (for me) in those situations. Another thing which bothers me is that when you're finally winning in a close match, some people decide to quit in the final minute -Ofcourse the autobalance suddenly decides to function and tossing a valuable player to the other side, the only thing this action is causing is a loss for that 'victim'.

Adding to that, I prefer playing objective-based modes but I'm usually just forced to play TDM because there is nothing else available, aside from the occasional Siege which ends up at 3000-0 most of the time, anyway.

Waiting it out in the hope that it'll get better is what I'm doing now, hopefully more players will join or a new gamemode that can pick my interest.

Just my 2 cents.

#202 oo_olio_oo

oo_olio_oo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted January 05 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostEhcin, on January 05 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

I'll be honest, it's been a couple of months since I last played.

Somewhere along the line I got tired of the one sided matches I usually end up with, combined with the fact that there aren't that many EU players left (in EU servers). The matchmaking never really did its job from my experience.

I'm not talking about getting smackered across the pavement every match, but also being on the side handing the smacking. The game just isn't fun (for me) in those situations. Another thing which bothers me is that when you're finally winning in a close match, some people decide to quit in the final minute -Ofcourse the autobalance suddenly decides to function and tossing a valuable player to the other side, the only thing this action is causing is a loss for that 'victim'.

Adding to that, I prefer playing objective-based modes but I'm usually just forced to play TDM because there is nothing else available, aside from the occasional Siege which ends up at 3000-0 most of the time, anyway.

Waiting it out in the hope that it'll get better is what I'm doing now, hopefully more players will join or a new gamemode that can pick my interest.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, me and Doboro tried to get MA game going on just few minutes ago and it took about ten minutes to get started with five players in server. Of course this uneven number of players mean that it's basicly impossible to do well on that team that has one player disadvantage and game got into us holding all silos. I just wish it didn't take so long to get one MA game going, but that just corresponds to the fact that most of EU players are playing other games or other stuff.

Posted Image

#203 MrShade_

MrShade_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 05 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostSylhiri, on January 02 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostMrShade_, on January 01 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Seems like this whole thread just boils down to waiting for a Steam release so the matchmaking can do its thing properly.

Really_ I think only one person mentioned Steam.

What it seemed to me is "Ascension sucked".

Well, I know Steam wasn't mentioned specifically, but a lot of the complaints were about lack of population, and Steam seems to be a good solution for upping the player base.

#204 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted January 05 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostMrShade_, on January 05 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Well, I know Steam wasn't mentioned specifically, but a lot of the complaints were about lack of population, and Steam seems to be a good solution for upping the player base.

It's really only good for short term unless you can keep the incoming player base. Anyone that rushed into Hawken right now hoping for something more then casual will leave quickly while the cycle of more casual players will join and leave depending on what comes out that month. Plus it's a niche market, you generally get less people then you would with the soldierwithagunhero online. You'd have increased population for a time (like with any patch) then it fades out. Steam release is something you can only do once, unless you can make the most of the large influx of players it's better not to do it at all.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#205 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted January 05 2014 - 10:57 AM

I dont have time to play video games in general that much let alone 5 hours a day just on hawken (lucky if I get 2 in a week). Guess I dont fit the criteria but I still play and enjoy the game and I am an alpha player.

Nothing has really affected my feelings about the game that much. A lot of the big changes I took very lightly. To me the game still plays the same and is still the game I enjoyed from the beginning. I only wish I could play more.

#206 MrShade_

MrShade_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 05 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostSylhiri, on January 05 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostMrShade_, on January 05 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

It's really only good for short term unless you can keep the incoming player base. Anyone that rushed into Hawken right now hoping for something more then casual will leave quickly while the cycle of more casual players will join and leave depending on what comes out that month. Plus it's a niche market, you generally get less people then you would with the soldierwithagunhero online. You'd have increased population for a time (like with any patch) then it fades out. Steam release is something you can only do once, unless you can make the most of the large influx of players it's better not to do it at all.

With everyone getting excited about whatever is coming in the next patch, and coming out of Beta, I guess I'm just being optimistic. I'm really hoping they pull out something big that keeps players around.

#207 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted January 05 2014 - 11:28 AM

When is the next patch_ I am hoping they fix graph stuff and lag issues/server issues.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#208 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted January 05 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostBazookagofer, on January 05 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

When is the next patch_ I am hoping they fix graph stuff and lag issues/server issues.

Can you be more specific about what you mean by graph stuff_

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#209 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted January 05 2014 - 12:08 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on January 05 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

I'm guessing graphics-related problems.  PhysX, Stalker vision, Winter Eco frame drops, etc...
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#210 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted January 05 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostThirdEyE, on January 05 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

I'm guessing graphics-related problems.  PhysX, Stalker vision, Winter Eco frame drops, etc...

True but those aren't open issues so I'm curious what open issues are being experienced. Overall the game is as graphically optimized as it's ever been.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#211 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted January 05 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on January 05 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

View PostThirdEyE, on January 05 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

True but those aren't open issues so I'm curious what open issues are being experienced. Overall the game is as graphically optimized as it's ever been.

Since we're getting off topic, I'll just refer to other threads and/or submit support tickets for what I've experienced.
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#212 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted January 05 2014 - 01:11 PM

I start think, somewhere in the program code there is something like that:

#include <stdio.h>
void nepacaka's_worst_day (int nepacaka, string current_difficulty)

{
  if (nepacaka_current_play == true)
   {
   current_difficulty = "hardcore";
   players_start_leave_from_match = true;
   }
else if (nepacaka_current_play == false)
   {
   current_difficulty = "normal";
   players_start_leave_from_match = false;
   }
   else
   {
   current_difficulty = "nightmare";
   players_behave_not_adequate = true;
   }
return 0;
}

i'm really angry when i play today (x_x)
By the way it is quite often the case in Hawken, I mean, moments, when I want to break my monitor

Edited by nepacaka, January 05 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#213 ArusDobby

ArusDobby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 05 2014 - 02:06 PM

I keep "trying" to play the game but lose interest for one simple reason.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times....and can only play the game on half my moniter screen. I can not get the game to give me "Full Screen" mode, which makes the game not as much fun for me.
At first the game would do Full Screen...but since they did a patch awhile back...no more full screen nomatter what I try to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users