HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Upcoming Balance Changes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#21 DennisKnightPC

DennisKnightPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:24 PM

I haven't checked all the weapons but the B3-AR: PPA (whatever that is) looks like the new highest DPS weapon at a whopping 132dps.  Don't know why that specifically interested me so much, this is all quite exciting though.

Posted Image

i7-3770K//32GB RAM//SSD//R9 270X Vapour

#22 DennisKnightPC

DennisKnightPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:29 PM

Also, there is a typo on the Corsair-KLA, it certainly will not do 1056 damage with a single burst!

Posted Image

#23 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:30 PM

View Posth0B0, on February 03 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Its bout time we catually get numbers.

Kind of dumb to put them in a .png file if you ask me. Having them in a spreadsheet would allow the community easier access to getting the info they require.

also thanks for the info on the new incinerator class, item and weapons.

I'll take my time to analise all this in details but at quick glance i'm looking forward to the return of the heatscout meta.

They finally give us numbers prepatch, and you complain.  Dude, seriously, chill on the negative (this is from me, the most negative guy ever)

Thanks for the info Vana, good luck with downtime, and deployment.  I am going to go over these numbers and reserve judgement until after I play, a metric f ton.

View PostGreenvalv, on February 03 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

*gets to C-class stats*
Brawler... ok, good, beefy
Grenadier... good good
Incinerator... lightly beefy, ok
Rock... wait a minute...

Shush, Rocketeers can fly.

One thing I want to remind folks, with tunings in the hands of the devs, these numbers can be (and should be) reviewed after data collection, AND community feedback.  Balance is not something that will just magically occur, and going forward it is even moreso important that we, as tester/players should give the devs good, constructive, and well mannered feedback about things.

#24 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:31 PM

I haven't done all the math but i'm sure that the majority of weapon combination alpha's can almost instantly kill any of the a classes.

A class will see more time in the garage then most people's C classes *ba dum tishhhhhhhhh*

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#25 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:34 PM

View Posth0B0, on February 03 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Its bout time we catually get numbers.

Kind of dumb to put them in a .png file if you ask me. Having them in a spreadsheet would allow the community easier access to getting the info they require.

I agree this would be better for the long term, but I'm a one man army and I had to go with the most effective and time efficient solution in order to get this info out to everyone today. :)

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#26 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:37 PM

View Postburns1124, on February 03 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

*gets to C-class stats*
Grenadier... good good
Rock... wait a minute...

Shush, Rocketeers can fly.
You missed my meaning, I fixed it
Posted Image

#27 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:40 PM

*Reading through the new stats and finds not only the new mech and new weapon but also the new item as well"

Posted Image

So excited for this patch! Need a little more time to read over this and let it digest before weighing in on it. Should be plenty to talk about on Wednesday for The Cockpit.

Posted Image

#28 LazarusRizing

LazarusRizing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:41 PM

Well, this should certainly be interesting. I'll be glad to see the point system go, as someone who was fairly consistently put into matches with top level players ever since level 15, I certainly see the logic of removing that system.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about having such a drastic decrease in health across the board. I mean, yeah it'll certainly spice things up for one-on-one, but I feel like a pilot will have no chance when going up against two enemies, whereas before you could have a chance if you played everything right. Also, I feel like light mechs are gonna be pratically a one shot kill, and as a reaper pilot, I find that a bit worrying. But, I guess we'll find out for sure after tomorrow. Either way, it'll certainly be different.

Also, Raider has equal boost speed to Reaper_! Come on! :P

#29 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:41 PM

*gets to C-class stats*
Grenadier... good good
Rock... wait a minute... INCINERATOR

Posted Image

#30 leviestrada

leviestrada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:46 PM

I don't like the new mech, it seems a little op Because it is as fast as a vanguard but it also has a lot of armor, I don't like that
2014-02-15_00007.jpg
btw I love playing -smiley mustached face-

#31 lKhaymanl

lKhaymanl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:48 PM

Fking ty a55h0l3s

#32 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostLazarusRizing, on February 03 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about having such a drastic decrease in health across the board. I mean, yeah it'll certainly spice things up for one-on-one, but I feel like a pilot will have no chance when going up against two enemies, whereas before you could have a chance if you played everything right.

Honestly, fights against two enemies for me are almost always unwinnable, unless I can manage to escape both of them, and get them to fight each other, or if they are substantially less skilled, I could take both out both, but against players that are at all better than that, 2v1s are generally a losing proposition.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#33 Zeus154

Zeus154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:52 PM

Well... these changes might throw me off my game a bit. Also since I'm not really familiar with the terminology of this game, what is the B3-BR AR, M4MA, and BBY_

#34 DennisKnightPC

DennisKnightPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:55 PM

Zeus154, on February 03 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Well... these changes might throw me off my game a bit. Also since I'm not really familiar with the terminology of this game, what is the B3-BR AR, M4MA, and BBY_

Nobody knows...... yet. Almost certainly the primary options for the new incinerator mech though.

Posted Image

#35 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:09 PM

View Postshosca, on February 03 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna start using b and c classes after the patch.

https://docs.google....Y1E&usp=sharing

View PostSylhiri, on February 03 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

I haven't done all the math but i'm sure that the majority of weapon combination alpha's can almost instantly kill any of the a classes.

A class will see more time in the garage then most people's C classes *ba dum tishhhhhhhhh*

WooHoo. Its time to go hipstar again and play the class that everyone wont be playing.

Posted Image

#36 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:12 PM

Well, if these changes actually deliver, I may actually try playing it [Hawken] again. The game in its current state is "meh" at best imo and I haven't played in months because of it. A's becoming actual glass cannons that we can actually f'ing kill is DEFINITELY  a good thing.

#37 Goddert

Goddert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:12 PM

The thing I liked about the TTK is that it made the players have to work as a team. I can't speak for everyone but I enjoyed having to work together even though I might not have gotten most kills or anything like that.

#38 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:19 PM

I see a new mech there, the Incinerator, :D

Posted Image

#39 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:54 PM

These numbers can't tell the whole story (no news on internals, abilities or minutiae), but from what I can see I am admittedly underwhelmed. The Brawler is slower again, Flak retains uncanny mid-range potential, and EMP stuns for 4.25 seconds in the meta offering Hawken's lowest TTK. Boost speeds are mostly in the same realm as before, and air speeds are only faster than walking for previous AD Mechs and (haha, of all things) the Sharpshooter.

Perhaps I got ahead of myself when I thought the changes would be more fundamental than lower health, higher sustained damage, neutered heat gen, no fuel on dodge and better aerial accuracy_

Waiting for Friday to come along before I take a dump on your desk say anything else.

It was fun while it lasted.

#40 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:07 PM

These changes are turning the game into the skill-based shooter it deserves to be. As some know I run the infil mech and I'm looking forward to adapting to the significant health drop and dodge buff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users