HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Upcoming Balance Changes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#41 Mal3fic

Mal3fic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn NYC

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:20 PM

My only concern here is with the dodge cool downs,...

Why would the cool down be the focus, does anyone think that all the mechs should have the same cool down, It is the same equipment in mecha... Yet, I think that the focus should be on actual speed of the dodge and distance,  where the c-type dodge slower with a somewhat shorter distance, and the lighter mecha dodges faster pver a further distance_ As in m/s. It seems like the c-types are gonna be lumbering targets all over again... My only two cents. But totally looking forward to this...
Posted Image

#42 SyndicateNinja

SyndicateNinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:21 PM

Personally I'm relieved to see TTK reduction. I love this game, but my gosh it becomes a chore to take down a mech sometimes. Lowered TTK, IMHO, will heighten the skill requirement/reward, especially when it comes to team coordination, i.e. providing heavy support fire with REV-GL (let's say) while lights move in for the kill(s) should be a basic, successful tactic. Currently, it just ends up in the other team running away, all surviving with a sliver of health.

And for anyone who's worried this is becoming a "twitch" game...I say nay. All the game's mechanics will still be there. It's just going to feel more rewarding b/c we're all gonna kill each other more often :P
Posted Image

#43 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:26 PM

I am getting nerd chills.

#44 Rucatiel

Rucatiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:37 PM

Interesting. Very interesting. I have been playing Sharpshooter mainly and I think this might make them much more risky. Either I spot someone from a distance, put a Sabot in their face, and they die, or they get close to me, at which point I die before I line up a shot. Honestly, I liked the game before. You couldn't just have duels. That's not how warfare works. The enemy won't play fair. You can (and will) be outnumbered. It's when you pull it off that counts.

#45 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:46 PM

so many changes,new weapons,new items,NEW MECH,more carnage..now all the rocketeers will have to learn how to fly :D so as the zerkers :D every little change seems interesting!!!

p.s. dear players,please for god's sake,if,i say IF,after the new patch,any mech will be OP,stop crying about it,as u see the devs are listening us..AND PLEASE STOP RAGE QUITTING,only you are destroying this game,not the OP mechs,nor the balance.

#46 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:50 PM

So... apparently turn cap will also be reduced by 15%

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#47 StruttingStray

StruttingStray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:57 PM

View Postleviestrada, on February 03 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

I don't like the new mech, it seems a little op Because it is as fast as a vanguard but it also has a lot of armor, I don't like that

It's as fast as the Vanguard but look at it's fuel regen, it's the lowest out of every mech (and fuel tank is as puny as the Scout's). It looks like it'll move fast in burst, most likely to rush to support rather than chase down as the Vanguard does.

Also, a little dissapointed that the Scout still has it's huge radar range (especially that it's better than long range mechs now). Anyway, most of this looks interesting and I'm eager to try it out.

#48 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:03 PM

Can't wait until I can try all of this amazing stuff... Patience, patience...
Edit: actually after reading Xacius' post I want it even more Posted Image

Edited by LarryLaffer, February 03 2014 - 09:12 PM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#49 Morticius

Morticius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:19 PM

Vindication for my Vanguard! Woo7! The Flying Fat Man shall sally forth and slay wantonly! YaY!
Rok On Devs

Posted Image

#50 tek1

tek1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:21 PM

Is there any more information on the new mech other than this charts_
Considering that it's name is incinerator, could it be a badass flame-thrower mech_ :D
That would at least explain it's high boost speed and the firerate of it's primary weapons. Flamethrowers don't have that long range after all so you have to charge in fast enough to be able to barbecue stuff.

Heat generation on the "B3-AR: PPA" seems kinda wrong. 6 heat generation with a fire rate of 0.125. You will be overheated before being able to kill a lvl1 turret...

ps: shields will be overpowered as fuzzy bunny once again if they get live with those stats... Geez - a shield has more live than any a-class.
And what's meant with "explode time" at the emp_ Will it be a grenade-like item that takes time before exploding like the disruptor_

#51 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:27 PM

Heat generation on the "B3-AR: PPA" seems kinda wrong. 6 heat generation with a fire rate of 0.125. You will be overheated before being able to kill a lvl1 turret...
Don't forget that Saare launcher reduces your heat. I think it has some synergy with B3-AR

ps: shields will be overpowered as fuzzy bunny once again if they get live with those stats... Geez - a shield has more live than any a-class.

But we will be unable to attach it to somebody and, which is more important, to shoot through it in both directions. So I would like to see how this shield will be used in new conditions

Edited by LarryLaffer, February 03 2014 - 09:46 PM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#52 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:47 PM

my main question
WTF!_
why berserk air speed = 42. i know, this is not m/s, but all a-class have 27-30, and berserk have 42!
12 points more than the others, do not you think that is a higher bust_
i mean, why_

I do not like TOW values (q_q)
I do not like Corsair values (q_q)
I do not like Brawler values (T_T)

Devs, you did it again (extreme values)​​, instead of something to do "a little less than others" ...
Slow speed and Higher hp - it's a bad way to balance.

thx for new C

#53 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:51 PM

View PostOmegaNull, on February 03 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

So... apparently turn cap will also be reduced by 15%

You got that backwards bud, the maximum turn rate is being increased by 15%
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#54 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:55 PM

Random thought... we're being highly receptive about this new mech.  Once it does get introduced into the game, I can see Hawken experiencing what TF2 went through when the old engie update happened... ENGINEERS ERRYWHERE, so for Hawken... INCINERATION TIEM (I know I'll be using it immediately).
Posted Image

#55 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostGreenvalv, on February 03 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Random thought... we're being highly receptive about this new mech.  Once it does get introduced into the game, I can see Hawken experiencing what TF2 went through when the old engie update happened... ENGINEERS ERRYWHERE, so for Hawken... INCINERATION TIEM (I know I'll be using it immediately).

Remember how popular the predator was when it came out_  I think any new mech is destined to overpopulate servers for a week or two...
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#56 Morticius

Morticius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:01 PM

Something else I think I forgot: Is the Tech's gun going back to being a stackable shot-buffer like it was before Ascension_ No more lame hi-heat SMC like it is now_
I'd go back to Techin' again if it was  :)
Mort

Posted Image

#57 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:06 PM

I want to know what damage did they nerf the EOC on, direct or explosive.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#58 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:20 PM

Did anyone else notice that the B3-AR names are PPA, BBY, and M4MA,, which could mean Papa, Baby, and Mama.
in Russian folklore is a fable spread - "Three Bears" (about bear papa, bear mama, bear son and little girl)

#59 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:20 PM

If they haven't touched the items yet, I really think they need to. With a shorter TTK, that EMP is only going to be more of a buzzkill...

...I also hope the brawler isn't too slow again :'( Atleast give it a greater dodging distance if it is :D

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#60 DarkSpock

DarkSpock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 10:24 PM

Any plan to reset some of the player stats or refunding purchased internals when the patch drops_

Seeing that there are significant changes to the mech/item/weapon dynamics and overall gameplay mechanics, I think it would make sense to reset MMR and internal purchases to get everyone back in the same page with a clean slate. I would imagine some internals are practically going to become less valuable/useful with the new meta, i.e. fuel converter.

View Posth0B0, on February 03 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Its bout time we catually get numbers.

Kind of dumb to put them in a .png file if you ask me. Having them in a spreadsheet would allow the community easier access to getting the info they require.

Got to learn to keeps those unfiltered thoughts to yourself mate. Some of your so called "feedback" have started to look more like whining from a spoiled little brat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users