HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN on Steam: A New Battlefield Awaits!

News Update

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#61 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'll like the idea of having a major audicience, more players to bring more exciting games, etc, what i'll dislike the presence of a hidden process inside the program, meh, ¿did someone played Lock modern air combat_, that game has build in Starfoce protection and that thing ruined CD-ROM Drives in his time included my drive when ill purchased that game, many years ago, today that company than made Lomac learn the lesson and removed the DRM on that game.

Just for an note, Planetside 2 players of steam can join to the games and fight against people than use the in-game launcher, at least take consideration for the people than want to play the game directly and want to dont put more stress in their computers.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#62 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostTaerkasten, on February 04 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

To be honest, i'll dont like that change, it should be more convenient allow steam users join game against non steam users and viceversa, i'll dont trust much in steam because the rumor of the extensive use of DRM on steam, something less worse than ubisoft drm but the point is NO DRM.

Other games have dual support, i'll mean steam users can play the same game and fight against people than join direcly to the game, not by via steam.

-1 to that change.

That whole argument of DRM doesn't really apply to only only games like Hawken, as you have to be online all the time anyway to play the game.

View Post[HWK]TheJay, on February 04 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on February 04 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Every account that has been created should receive a Steam code assuming the email associated with it is still active.

The steam key is just to be able to download on Steam. Then once in game, just login to the game with any of your credentials.

So basically we "the beta testers" are getting early access to the steam version.

so are there any plans for extra stuff for the current tester_ Special Camo_ Meteor creds_ etc

#63 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:09 PM

many of us have been asking for Hawken on Steam since FOREVER! Glad they could make it happen

Posted Image
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#64 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on February 04 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

So basically we "the beta testers" are getting early access to the steam version.

so are there any plans for extra stuff for the current tester_ Special Camo_ Meteor creds_ etc

STEAMPUNK CAMO

Let it be done.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#65 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostSylhiri, on February 04 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

STEAMPUNK CAMO

Let it be done.

Forget that, I want hats for my mechs now.

Posted Image

#66 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:11 PM

still wish they kept a standalone version :T
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#67 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on February 04 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

STEAMPUNK CAMO

Let it be done.

oh god no, that will be the only thing people will want, ;w;
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#68 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:13 PM

Congratulations, Hawken dev team! I really hope this will help to increase the number of people playing Hawken. Also I hope that this will help to improve servers' stability, especially in regions which are distant from current server locations.

Edit: GOD! I'm sooo happyPosted ImageYou made my day for sure

Edited by LarryLaffer, February 04 2014 - 06:15 PM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#69 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:15 PM

View Post[HWK]TheJay, on February 04 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on February 04 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Every account that has been created should receive a Steam code assuming the email associated with it is still active.

The steam key is just to be able to download on Steam. Then once in game, just login to the game with any of your credentials.

Grazie!
Posted Image

#70 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:16 PM

View Postropefish, on February 04 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on February 04 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

STEAMPUNK CAMO

Let it be done.

oh god no, that will be the only thing people will want, ;w;

YES. BOBBLEHEADS + HATS = EPIC!

Special TF2 Bobble heads for mech and CTR Fred Hats for TF2

EVERYONE WINS.

Edited by ShadowWarg, February 04 2014 - 06:16 PM.

#71 mikest01

mikest01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:17 PM

Wish the best for you guys in this new step of development :D
Best Regards!

#72 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:18 PM

View Postropefish, on February 04 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

still wish they kept a standalone version :T

+1 pray to the lords if they allow for dual support. ill like the idea of more people but what is the price for this :/

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#73 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:24 PM

With the move to Steam are we gonna see VAC or anything like that being used to help catch anyone cheating_ Also is this going to impact the ability to mod ini files_

Posted Image

#74 Hawksbill

Hawksbill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:25 PM

I'm thrilled to see Hawken join the Steam library, but I despise the fact that I'm going to be forced to use Steam. It's a great platform but whenever I have the option to play a game without having to run a second program in the background I always elect it.

If at all possible, please consider allowing us to return to an independent launcher in the future. In the mean time, I look forward to all the fresh meat... err, metal.

#75 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:29 PM

I see your tf2 hats and raise you......................... hawken moustaches

Posted Image

#76 X_Mangoose_X

X_Mangoose_X

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMirando desde la ventana detras tuyo

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:30 PM

Steam is an invasive program in the operating system causing a noticeable performance impact to increase security, and in some cases cause severe problems, I guess it's a desperate sacrifice to get players hawken has not fared well lately .. ....

"No confundas mi Personalidad con Mi actitud, mi Personalidad es Quien Yo Soy y mi Actitud Depende de Quien Seas Tú."

#77 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:36 PM

View PostX_Mangoose_X, on February 04 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Steam is an invasive program in the operating system causing a noticeable performance impact to increase security, and in some cases cause severe problems, I guess it's a desperate sacrifice to get players hawken has not fared well lately .. ....

I've been using Steam for over 9 years now and I haven't seen it have an impact on a game yet. Sure when it released back in 2004 it was incredibly rough but it was been refined quite a bit since then. Not once have I had Steam impact my gaming. Heck I even deployed with my gaming laptop for eight months and had a fuzzy bunny connection at best, still no issues.

In fact if my PC or laptop is on then I'm logged into Steam. No issues. Whether I'm playing games through Steam or not I don't see it impact performance. I've even got several games on Steam and the disc version, both run exactly the same on my system.

I find it crazy how I can spend months on end deployed to the Middle East and not once have Steam hinder my gaming. The worst I dealt with was Valve suspended my ability to purchase when I first got over there because my access IP to my account suddenly went from being in the US to the Middle East. They suspended the ability, contacted me, and once I verified that I was indeed Keji Goto there were no further issues.

There always seems to be a very small number of people who make these claims and I've never been able to find a way to back this up. It's nuts how games like GTA IV and the expansions, Burnout Paradise, Unreal Tournament 2004, Crysis 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and more run the same when I'm running them off the disc or running them off Steam.

Posted Image

#78 Badb0y

Badb0y

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:38 PM

Totally Agreed.

.:  I'm Bad :.

Posted Image

#79 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:39 PM

Posted Image

Hawken on Steam is an Arrival.
No stink of desperation about it.

This announcement is the fuzzy bunny bomb

Posted Image

#80 Deadwyng

Deadwyng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:41 PM

Untitled-1.png
can i ask what font this is_  WhatTheFont doesnt have a good match, and a quick look-thru the css turns up 'Monda' and 'Play', neither of which seem to match either

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users