HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator in Steam patch of Hawken

Community Beta Forum

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 06 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hello fellow pilots!  Since LoC_TR posted something about Raider in the current state of the new steam game, I've decided that other mechs might need this too, like Pred. How does the Predator feel in the new shiny Hawken_

I personally feel like the T-32 Bolt, EOC Pred and Repeater feels a lot better in-game, but Breacher may need some tweaking.  Why_  The Breacher's railshot and spreadshot don't seem to do a decent amount of damage mid or close range now.  I know burst weapons have been nerfed, but Breacher seriously feels weaker to me compared to the other weapons.  Now, the mech itself:  It feels great in this current patch overall.  A little brittle, but it's pretty fast now in boosting and whatnot.  It just needs a bit more health and radar.  EDIT:  Breacher is fine (forgot to edit that yesterday)

I've said my opinion, what's yours_

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 10 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#2 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 01:57 PM

The Breacher shouldn't be weak at all. 100 damage for mid range when charged is very good plus it has utility of shooting through shield. The breacher flak shot is still strong 144 burst damage but only use it in CQC. It also has 72 dps which isn't bad.
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

#3 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted February 06 2014 - 06:14 PM

If you aren't finding the breacher to be faceroll you aren't using it right.

Its a projectile weapon and you need to actually lead your damned targets or you aren't going to hit anything. Ask anybody who has played my breacher and they will say the same thing I have. It is Brutally Painfully obvious I just slammed a rail into their face and thus far I haven't seen anybody NOT react with a WTFUZZYBUNNY just smashed my face off_

Since last night I am finding that the charged rail shot isn't doing full penetration damage from the inside of a shield however so I am suspecting a ghost nerf. From what I have witnessed damage from outside shields is full, inside maybe 20% of what you would normally be outputting.
Posted Image

#4 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostLordTemujin, on February 06 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

If you aren't finding the breacher to be faceroll you aren't using it right.

Its a projectile weapon and you need to actually lead your damned targets or you aren't going to hit anything. Ask anybody who has played my breacher and they will say the same thing I have. It is Brutally Painfully obvious I just slammed a rail into their face and thus far I haven't seen anybody NOT react with a WTFUZZYBUNNY just smashed my face off_

Yeah, I know I have to lead my targets because Pred is my only mech I got full prestige on due to using it so much (if you didn't notice, Predator is my favorite mech, and one I find I'm best at).  I've learned that through experience, however... The fact that everything is MUCH faster now could be a reason why my shots never do full damage as my reflexes are still used to the old Hawken.

View PostLordTemujin, on February 06 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Since last night I am finding that the charged rail shot isn't doing full penetration damage from the inside of a shield however so I am suspecting a ghost nerf. From what I have witnessed damage from outside shields is full, inside maybe 20% of what you would normally be outputting.

Hmm.... That's really strange, I've never noticed that before.  As a related note, I've seen less players carry around shield and more who carry the damage items.

#5 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 10:45 AM

Shameless bump.

How does everyone feel about the Predator_  I'm sure there are others who have some opinion on how it does in this patch....  

Anyway, it rather feels odd that the EOC Pred is performing better in this patch, I like it!

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 09 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#6 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted February 09 2014 - 10:55 AM

I've had a lot of good games with Predator in this patch. Had good games in Ascension too, but I think this new patch plays very well to Predator's strengths.

#7 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 01:15 PM

It's speed in the new patch is it's saving grace. I finaly feel like I can contribute to a skirmish. I wouldn't put it in top tier quite because of ease of use, but it's finaly not weak anymore. It's just so much more mobile now. It can actually get up good traps mid fight instead of having to pull back or swing wide and anticipate where baddies are going anymore. It's roll as defender works. I still feel like I need detonators and a repair charge, but having a shield or even a clutch barricade seems like a good fit (since it can shoot through them).

Also: breacher.

Every day of the week.

I'd be willing to try EOC though. T32 was good for training wheels imo.

Edited by Onyxmizer, February 09 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#8 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:26 PM

Also, it seems that we can dodge without breaking our cloak! YAY!!!!!  Time for more stealthy awesomeness!

View PostOnyxmizer, on February 09 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'd be willing to try EOC though. T32 was good for training wheels imo.

EOC Repeater + EOC Pred is a really great combo if you know how to use it!  It took me awhile till I was able to use it well enough.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 09 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#9 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 10 2014 - 08:56 AM

Ok Im going to put it out there. When I play the pred I more often fire both weapons at the same time. So I fire one Breacher Flak and a Pred mine at the same time at an enemy. It takes 2 volleys to kill an A class right now. They dont need adjusting.

#10 Magnesium_Jello

Magnesium_Jello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 09:16 AM

Op

#11 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted February 10 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostMagnesium_Jello, on February 10 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Op

Elaborate_

Most A's and b's can do the same thing with just two nades or two tows

The pred has two weapons with no splash which requires pretty precision aiming.

If you are referring to its ability to punch through shields_ Then that has been nerfed

If you are referring to the railshot punching through multiple mechs_ It is the only precision line nuke in the game. A nade with the same precision aiming would do more damage.
Posted Image

#12 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostLordTemujin, on February 10 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

View PostMagnesium_Jello, on February 10 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Op

Elaborate_

Most A's and b's can do the same thing with just two nades or two tows

The pred has two weapons with no splash which requires pretty precision aiming.

If you are referring to the railshot punching through multiple mechs_ It is the only precision line nuke in the game.

Very true, it's pretty hard to aim right with Breacher's railshot and spreadshot as almost everything is moving around all over the place plus if you miss your shots, the reload time can really mess you up.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 10 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#13 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 07:01 PM

Just an update:

View Post[HWK]Vanashinkaku, on February 10 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I think personally this is kind of cool and if someone masters this kind of play, it is just the more skill they have to out-maneuver an enemy.  However, we will be making some tweaks to the systems in order to make this a tiny bit less rewarding.

1.) When a player dodges, they will be again added to the radar.
2.) When a player dodges, their fuel stops regenerating for .4 seconds.

Also, on a side note,
3.) Dodging in STALKER mode on Predators will again pop you out of your ability for a few seconds.

(NOTE: These changes won't be in effect until the next patch, sometime next month.)

Enjoy it while it lasts. :c  Ah well.

#14 gopherAnime

gopherAnime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 10 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Just an update:

I think personally this is kind of cool and if someone masters this kind of play, it is just the more skill they have to out-maneuver an enemy.  However, we will be making some tweaks to the systems in order to make this a tiny bit less rewarding.

1.) When a player dodges, they will be again added to the radar.
2.) When a player dodges, their fuel stops regenerating for .4 seconds.

Also, on a side note,
3.) Dodging in STALKER mode on Predators will again pop you out of your ability for a few seconds.

(NOTE: These changes won't be in effect until the next patch, sometime next month.)

Enjoy it while it lasts. :c  Ah well.
too bad. been enjoying stealth crab-walk for awhile to get to places faster, also scout crab-walk to escape enemies watching radar was quite fun.

Edit:
Charged breacher from inside shield seems...
Lol got auto switched to T-bolt, nvmd.

Edited by gopherAnime, February 11 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#15 motakudgi

motakudgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 01:45 AM

Predator is fine.

Main trouble of predator actually is free dodge.

Most mechs couldn't fly much during the fight because of necessity of saving fuel for dodge. Now, they can.
The problem is - mines stick to ground surfaces.

In other words, Predator doesn't like flying targets.
With feb patch, everyone fly and fly much.

For predator, it means - no EOC-Repeater.
Breacher is ok now, but I prefer T-32.

#16 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 11 2014 - 06:21 AM

Posted Image

#17 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:39 AM

Ive gotten so many awesome kills and get-aways because of doging in stalker. I honestly think it needs it. We'll see i guess.

Edited by Onyxmizer, February 11 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#18 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:45 AM

View Postmotakudgi, on February 11 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Predator is fine.

Main trouble of predator actually is free dodge.

Most mechs couldn't fly much during the fight because of necessity of saving fuel for dodge. Now, they can.
The problem is - mines stick to ground surfaces.

In other words, Predator doesn't like flying targets.
With feb patch, everyone fly and fly much.

For predator, it means - no EOC-Repeater.
Breacher is ok now, but I prefer T-32.

Honestly, I havent had too much trouble with zerkers and other mosquito mechs.

1: take your time to aim
2: put space between you and them
3: saturate ground with mines
4: ____
5: profit

#19 Rakker

Rakker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 12:29 PM

EOC - Repeater DPS Question_

I noticed on another forum a general consensus that the Predator EOC Repeater is a high DPS weapon - some claims up to 144 DPS (six pucks at 24 dps each). Yet when I reviewed the data provided by the developers in the pre patch TTK spreadsheet, the max DPS for the Predator Mech with both the EOC Repeater and the EOC Predator is listed at 106.51 or only sixth from the bottom of the DPS scale. What are you experiencing in game -- is the Predator with the EOC Repeater a high DPS platform_ (I know pilot skill and targeting are critical here as you almost never hit all 6 pucks on a moving mech).

Well I think I noodled it out but it required my old HP calculator - the EOC Repeater shoots 6 pucks a 4 damage each and takes 3 seconds to recharge. Those other posts were incorrect at the 144 number.

Edited by Rakker, February 11 2014 - 12:36 PM.

I'm so old I remember when the catapult was OP.

#20 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted February 11 2014 - 01:52 PM

Shoot, it's funny but I didn't realize I kept my cloak on dodging...  missed some opportunities, but I think it's right decision.  

I do hope they reconsider having Hellfires lock on to cloaked mechs.  Still seems lame and I don't care about Heat-detection/signature etc.  can make any sort of mumbo-jumbo reason (whale oil powered tachyon pulse heat signatures-jammer)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Beta, Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users