HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator in Steam patch of Hawken

Community Beta Forum

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 11 2014 - 02:15 PM

I also find that HFs locking onto cloaked mechs is dumb, but while Infil can still be cloaked... Predator getting hit by even one point of damage from splash or direct hits makes the cloak disappear entirely.

View PostRakker, on February 11 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

EOC - Repeater DPS Question_

I noticed on another forum a general consensus that the Predator EOC Repeater is a high DPS weapon - some claims up to 144 DPS (six pucks at 24 dps each). Yet when I reviewed the data provided by the developers in the pre patch TTK spreadsheet, the max DPS for the Predator Mech with both the EOC Repeater and the EOC Predator is listed at 106.51 or only sixth from the bottom of the DPS scale. What are you experiencing in game -- is the Predator with the EOC Repeater a high DPS platform_ (I know pilot skill and targeting are critical here as you almost never hit all 6 pucks on a moving mech).

Well I think I noodled it out but it required my old HP calculator - the EOC Repeater shoots 6 pucks a 4 damage each and takes 3 seconds to recharge. Those other posts were incorrect at the 144 number.

It's a high burst weapon when coupled together with EOC Pred.  I dunno if it's DPS, but both EOCs together create some serious burst damage and area control.  As for DPS, that'd be more of the weapons like vulcan (<=== I think that's right, but I'm not really experienced in this area about weapon damage since it's changed a lot since the last patch).  If you want some new values here: https://docs.google....p=sharing#gid=1

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 11 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#22 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 11 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

I also find that HFs locking onto cloaked mechs is dumb, but while Infil can still be cloaked... Predator getting hit by even one point of damage from splash or direct hits makes the cloak disappear entirely.

I've been knocked out of stalker so many times from just wild spamming. While I think it's a fair trade off for the visional ability, the pred needs the cloaked side step. It's throws you up on the radair, you can see the dust (i think). It does give you an even bigger advantage for peek-a-boo (which is really saying something).

It's never saved me in a 1v1 (unlike the infil) and I'll even go so far as to say it's been the only reason why I can get into position properly while cloaked. This small advantage keeps this mech balanced imo. I'd even keep the HF lock-on tbh.

On the question of pucks, They've always been a great finisher and mostly for their splash radius. Lots of times I miss my pucks, but that can leave a nice blanket for them to accedentaly trip over as they run away. EOC would be even better for this I imagin. The pred-pucks damage is bonkers if you can set up a nice stack, but the ammount of heat they generate makes them not worth spamming (but it's better than before). If you have to shoot them at a moving target treat them like Tows and only shoot when you know you can hit. Aim for the feet and shoot where they're going. Even a stack of 3 can give you a pretty big advantage.

#23 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted February 13 2014 - 04:01 PM

Somebody mentioned that the breacher is a projectile weapon- is this accurate_ I was pretty sure it is hitscan.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#24 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 06:08 PM

The breacher fires sharp,penetrating projectiles that can pierce multiple mechs in a line. As a recent pilot of the predator, trying to land a fully charged breacher is tough(since most of the mechs i tried to sneak up on are busy moving and engaging my team mates) but once you find the perfect moment to punish them(when they retreat to a spot to repair and they do not notice me) landing a shot and killing them in one shot becomes very rewarding. :lol:

#25 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 06:14 PM

View Post86, on February 13 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

The breacher fires sharp,penetrating projectiles that can pierce multiple mechs in a line. As a recent pilot of the predator, trying to land a fully charged breacher is tough(since most of the mechs i tried to sneak up on are busy moving and engaging my team mates) but once you find the perfect moment to punish them(when they retreat to a spot to repair and they do not notice me) landing a shot and killing them in one shot becomes very rewarding. :lol:

Amen to that!  It's so satisfying hearing the Breacher charge up and one shot kill a mech.  Granted, it can be very hard to do (Air targets are hard to shoot. >_<)

View PostFrenotx, on February 13 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Somebody mentioned that the breacher is a projectile weapon- is this accurate_ I was pretty sure it is hitscan.

Breacher is a projectile weapon, you gotta lead your targets a little when it comes to flying mechs (great if you can do it), mechs far away (not recommended, Breacher's fall off damage is brutal and it's not meant for sniping anyway).

#26 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 07:26 PM

I was wondering, if you wan a more aggressive playstyle from the pred, im guessing the EOC repeater and the T32 bolt will be recommended_

Now im finding myself snooping around, avoiding 1 on 1 firefights, unless the enemy has been weakened significantly and is retreating away from the team. during a heated up firefight, than i shall proceed to engage the poor fella >;)

Another way of playing will be to follow a fellow team mate, if he gets into a 1 v 1 engagement with an enemy mech, i will manuever myself to get behind the enemy mech and attack him until he dies...note that this strategy only applies to places such as wreckage and prosk and sometimes origin.

I would say its playstyle is a complete polar opposite to my main mech, the berserker, and im trying to contain myself from rambo-ing into firefights where i will definately get ripped if im surrounded. i cant really rack up kills like i used to, but rather rack up tons of assist kills.

Edited by 86, February 13 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#27 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 10:41 PM

I'm 90% sure the Breacher is bugged and has been for a while.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#28 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 06:07 PM

Not really sure what you mean by how the Breacher is bugged.  

View Post86, on February 13 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

I was wondering, if you wan a more aggressive playstyle from the pred, im guessing the EOC repeater and the T32 bolt will be recommended_

I would say yes, the T32 Bolt is used more for a more aggressive playstyle.  The EOC is more for area denial and major burst damage.  The Breacher is meant for punching through shields and fighting off the occasional mech that gets too close.

#29 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 15 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

Not really sure what you mean by how the Breacher is bugged.

IIRC I saw a video showing the breacher doing upwards of 300 in a single shot.

#30 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 05:56 AM

Whoa, I've never seen that happen at all before in all the time I've spent playing Predator.

#31 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 02:01 PM

Slightly late update for Pred but there was a possible bug/ stealth nerf for the Breacher.  I've gotta admit, I've noticed this pretty well when I was playing Pred yesterday.

https://community.pl...o-the-breacher/

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 18 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#32 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 04:00 AM

Seems im getting the hang of the pred compared to the raider...maps like bunker and wreckage make good playgrounds for it :lol:

#33 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted February 20 2014 - 11:39 AM

Glad there's some discussion going on here, so I'm gonna add in my $0.02.

- The Predator, as it sits right now, has the highest burst potential of any mech in the game and it's too OP:   Wait!  Let me finish!  Going up against 2 Predators today I began to notice a little trick they were pulling off and it was difficult for me to ascertain where all the damage was coming from, but I figured it out.  They were planting tightly-packed mine fields around capture points and I was stepping on them.  And this wasn't anything to sneeze at;  This can, and did, one-shot a Raider and nearly ate 75% of the HP on an Incinerator.  This ain't what I signed up for.  The EOC-Predator, and technically the EOC-Repeater as well, must get a nerf on puck limits and possibly a damage nerf.  I've noticed it takes around 7-10 pucks to do enough damage to nuke a B-class (or at least a Raider) and nearly 2-shot a C-class, therefore the puck limit when they hit the ground must be reduced to a maximum of 4 pucks without nerfing damage.  If they do nerf the damage, then possibly 5 pucks before they are detonated.  There is just way too much potential damage at stake with these weapons and it needs to be brought in line with the other mechs, otherwise TTK with a Predator technically is only 1-2 seconds if the setup is performed correctly.  Last I checked, this ain't Call of Duty where one errant bullet ends your day.

- Predator cloak, while well designed, needs to have a drawback to sitting stationary for so long:  I've also been noticing a few Predator players have been trying the "sneaky bastard" tactic and camping capture points and EU stations.  I'm not against campers, but there needs to be a higher risk at stake for sitting stationary while cloaked.  Right now I've noticed the only weakness with the Cloak is that if you get within so many yards of a cloaked enemy Pred (I'm talking like point-blank range) your Radar blips a contact and your HUD highlights the target with no name.  Maybe to introduce a penalty to campers there should be a random event where your cloak begins to fail or malfunctions after staying stationary for, say, 15-20 seconds_  Just a suggestion.

Lastly, has anyone still encountered the 300 damage Breacher bug yet_  Because I'm not positive if I have or not.

Edited by Gunmoku, February 20 2014 - 11:41 AM.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#34 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostGunmoku, on February 20 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Glad there's some discussion going on here, so I'm gonna add in my $0.02.

- The Predator, as it sits right now, has the highest burst potential of any mech in the game and it's too OP:   Wait!  Let me finish!  Going up against 2 Predators today I began to notice a little trick they were pulling off and it was difficult for me to ascertain where all the damage was coming from, but I figured it out.  They were planting tightly-packed mine fields around capture points and I was stepping on them.  And this wasn't anything to sneeze at;  This can, and did, one-shot a Raider and nearly ate 75% of the HP on an Incinerator.  This ain't what I signed up for.  The EOC-Predator, and technically the EOC-Repeater as well, must get a nerf on puck limits and possibly a damage nerf.  I've noticed it takes around 7-10 pucks to do enough damage to nuke a B-class (or at least a Raider) and nearly 2-shot a C-class, therefore the puck limit when they hit the ground must be reduced to a maximum of 4 pucks without nerfing damage.  If they do nerf the damage, then possibly 5 pucks before they are detonated.  There is just way too much potential damage at stake with these weapons and it needs to be brought in line with the other mechs, otherwise TTK with a Predator technically is only 1-2 seconds if the setup is performed correctly.  Last I checked, this ain't Call of Duty where one errant bullet ends your day.

- Predator cloak, while well designed, needs to have a drawback to sitting stationary for so long:  I've also been noticing a few Predator players have been trying the "sneaky bastard" tactic and camping capture points and EU stations.  I'm not against campers, but there needs to be a higher risk at stake for sitting stationary while cloaked.  Right now I've noticed the only weakness with the Cloak is that if you get within so many yards of a cloaked enemy Pred (I'm talking like point-blank range) your Radar blips a contact and your HUD highlights the target with no name.  Maybe to introduce a penalty to campers there should be a random event where your cloak begins to fail or malfunctions after staying stationary for, say, 15-20 seconds_  Just a suggestion.

Lastly, has anyone still encountered the 300 damage Breacher bug yet_  Because I'm not positive if I have or not.

Remember that's it's pretty hard to land that much damage on any single enemy, maybe you can dodge the pucks because they are pretty easy to see.  Also, the Predator damage-wise is fine where it is (except for the Breacher... <_<  It got too unpredictable with doing 200 damage in railshot or nearly useless damage: https://community.pl...o-the-breacher/ ).  Before, Predator was seen as a really bad and useless mech, most even called it 'dead weight'.  So, I think the damage is fine as it is.

As for the cloak: https://community.pl...ine/

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 20 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#35 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 20 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

https://community.pl...o-the-breacher/[/url] ).  Before, Predator was seen as a really bad and useless mech, most even called it 'dead weight'.  So, I think the damage is fine as it is.

As for the cloak: https://community.pl...ine/

The fact it's difficult to do does not change the fact the scenario exists where a single Predator can one-shot a B-class or pretty much take a C-class out of the fight in one hit.  Also, it's hard to discern white pucks when the ground itself is also white and these players were abusing the ability to stack pucks so close to each other.

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#36 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostGunmoku, on February 20 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Also, it's hard to discern white pucks when the ground itself is also white and these players were abusing the ability to stack pucks so close to each other.

The pucks actually glow red if they are from the enemy.  Besides, for maximum usage, you're supposed to keep the pucks close together.

View PostGunmoku, on February 20 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

The fact it's difficult to do does not change the fact the scenario exists where a single Predator can one-shot a B-class or pretty much take a C-class out of the fight in one hit.

I see what you mean friend, however... Didn't you say there was two Predators_  This doesn't mean that one single Predator can do exactly that.

View PostGunmoku, on February 20 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Going up against 2 Predators today I began to notice a little trick they were pulling off and it was difficult for me to ascertain where all the damage was coming from, but I figured it out.  They were planting tightly-packed mine fields around capture points and I was stepping on them.  And this wasn't anything to sneeze at;  This can, and did, one-shot a Raider and nearly ate 75% of the HP on an Incinerator.  This ain't what I signed up for.  The EOC-Predator, and technically the EOC-Repeater as well, must get a nerf on puck limits and possibly a damage nerf.  I've noticed it takes around 7-10 pucks to do enough damage to nuke a B-class (or at least a Raider) and nearly 2-shot a C-class, therefore the puck limit when they hit the ground must be reduced to a maximum of 4 pucks without nerfing damage.  If they do nerf the damage, then possibly 5 pucks before they are detonated.  There is just way too much potential damage at stake with these weapons and it needs to be brought in line with the other mechs, otherwise TTK with a Predator technically is only 1-2 seconds if the setup is performed correctly.  Last I checked, this ain't Call of Duty where one errant bullet ends your day.

Also, the Predator has one of the most steep learning curves since it's ability is fragile, and that it's default primary and secondary are bizarre compared to the more straightforward weapons on other mechs.  Many high ranking players on the forums consider Predator to be one of the most balanced classes in-game.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 20 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#37 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 20 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

I see what you mean friend, however... Didn't you say there was two Predators_  This doesn't mean that one single Predator can do exactly that.

Each time I got one-shot, there was no assist in the kill message, just the one Predator.  I wish I took a few screenshots.

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 20 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Also, the Predator has one of the most steep learning curves since it's ability is fragile, and that it's default primary and secondary are bizarre compared to the more straightforward weapons on other mechs.  Many high ranking players on the forums consider Predator to be one of the most balanced classes in-game.

That still does not forgive the fact this is the only mech in the game right now capable of one-shotting a B-class and nearly cutting a C-class down to 25% health with one well-placed attack.

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#38 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostGunmoku, on February 20 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

Each time I got one-shot, there was no assist in the kill message, just the one Predator.  I wish I took a few screenshots.

Ah okay, you could have been a little more clearer though on your last post... <__< For this to be true, there needs to be testing!  I do wish you could have put up some screenshots, I for one, haven't seen a single Predator being able to do that.  Especially since I play Predator, I would have noticed this right away.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 20 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#39 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 20 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Ah okay, you could have been a little more clearer though on your last post... <__< For this to be true, there needs to be testing!  I do wish you could have put up some screenshots, I for one, haven't seen a single Predator being able to do that.  Especially since I play Predator, I would have noticed this right away.
I can do it using the det.

#40 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostCyclonus, on February 20 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 20 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

I can do it using the det.

So can anyone else using other weapons with items.  I'm talking about just the weapons themselves doing this sort of damage to a B/C class.

Also, you can explode the mines themselves by shooting at them (just make sure you're out of the way of the AoE) and you won't receive damage.  (You can do this with Pred mines, not so sure about EOC Rep pucks)  There is also another problem with dual EOC.  You can't hit flying targets well.  The weapons are meant for locking down positions by making the enemy reluctant to take high damage from pucks/mines, but they have a crazy high heat generation that makes sure  the pilot makes their shots carefully and not spam the weapons all over the place.  Any errors of the enemy getting killed by said pucks/mines needs to practice on their situational awareness.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, February 20 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Beta, Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users