HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: OLD HAWKEN (307 member(s) have cast votes)

WANNA IT BACK_

1. YES (178 votes [57.98%])

Percentage of vote: 57.98%

2. NO -_- (look at the video before you click) (129 votes [42.02%])

Percentage of vote: 42.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostSlide2Die, on February 08 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostBeefsweat, on February 08 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

this thread is bad and you should feel bad
i hate you!
Show some respect to one of our finer members Beef, Slide.

Edited by Aregon, February 09 2014 - 03:21 AM.

I`ll fix it later.

#22 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted February 09 2014 - 02:38 AM

View PostAregon, on February 08 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

i hate you!
Show some respect to one of our finer members Slide.
ty

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#23 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:21 AM

View PostSlide2Die, on February 09 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

View PostAregon, on February 08 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

i hate you!
Show some respect to one of our finer members Slide.
ty
You should respect Beef.
I`ll fix it later.

#24 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:27 AM

Yes please, with all the new maps except Last eco

#25 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:48 AM

This thread is not a good move Slide. There is no content or reasoning and the poll will not be a correct reflection of the community because the majority of people who actually care about the game will stay away because of its lack of objectivity. That or be shouted off the thread with what some have called "childish" responses on your part.

Your a competent player. You should write an objective thread about what you like and dislike about the new patch. Give people some information and try to encourage a reasoned debate whilst at the same time showing respect to other peoples opinions.

What we have here sadly, is a someone simply talking loud and saying nothing.
Posted Image

#26 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostPastorius, on February 09 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

This thread is not a good move Slide. There is no content or reasoning and the poll will not be a correct reflection of the community because the majority of people who actually care about the game will stay away because of its lack of objectivity. That or be shouted off the thread with what some have called "childish" responses on your part.

Your a competent player. You should write an objective thread about what you like and dislike about the new patch. Give people some information and try to encourage a reasoned debate whilst at the same time showing respect to other peoples opinions.

What we have here sadly, is a someone simply talking loud and saying nothing.
pastorius:
1). look at this game.... (new players cant play) LEVELS NOT MMR!
2). the old hawken was better... ( the ingame the garage hmm the new is better) but the old ingame was better
3). I think the devs should put the old game croisar.
4). i find the ppl have to say what they think!
5). the LAST ECO update was good for the garage not for the ingame.
6). i find the "new mechs" good, but 50% of the hawken players want the oldingame!

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 04:49 AM

As i wrote in my post 'Hawken went hardcore' ( https://community.pl...-went-hardcore/ )devs went some strange direction: since 2012 innovating, now it's only immitating. Hawken has become TF2 clone. The devs showed 'middle finger' to 90% of suggestions made for over a year...

Ultimately we came back to closed alpha stage rules. After 1.5 year of testing! It's like telling us 'Sorry. Our current Hawken is FUBAR - time to start again'.

I've totally lost all hope that this game will ever continue the direction i would like. Why not trying some solutions from 'Day of Defeat' objective based missions_ Eh.. it's not fun respawning all the time. I'd like to see approach 'your mech is precious - don't waste it'. Meh.. why do i even bother. They don't read any of this...

#28 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 05:06 AM

Then you should try Mechwarrior Online, once your mech is destroyed the match ends for you and you can only observe and if you leave you can't use that mech until the match is done, because it can't be retrieved during battle :D nice idea I think... also you can customize your mechs weapons and systems and you have limited ammunition for projectile type weapons during battles... it's more like a mech simiulator... yet not perfect but you can see a good approach and direction.

Edited by Huanglong, February 09 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#29 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 05:47 AM

I just think it went backward since the technician patch, the UI, the new mechs/weapons(techlol, lolraider, lolhellfire), the items (area shield), the new mechanics (air dodge, no fuel management on dodge), the new balance (machineguns same dps as weapons that require more skill_, more spread on rifle).

I mean the game improved in other ways: slightly better graphics, new maps, co-op vs ai mode (although it's very basic, I wouldn't have designed it like that), turn rate cap improved..

Edited by hawken00, February 09 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#30 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted February 09 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostX_Mangoose_X, on February 08 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

I like the new hawken, more team play.
stop complaining and learn to play with other players once and for all, and put aside the "solitary man who kills everyone" just want to feed your ego
what this man said!!!
Some players need to realize that team dm is actually TEAM DM :o ,if u dont play with your team,u will either die more than others or u will loose.

#31 3kz3t

3kz3t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted February 09 2014 - 06:38 AM

The game in its current state is all we have. Enjoy it and provide feedback in the attempt of improving the game and the experience and consider the community as a whole and the devs when you do. These polls won't accomplish anything.

#32 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 06:52 AM

View Post3kz3t, on February 09 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

The game in its current state is all we have. Enjoy it and provide feedback in the attempt of improving the game and the experience and consider the community as a whole and the devs when you do. These polls won't accomplish anything.
good but don't steal my old avatar!

Posted Image

#33 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:03 AM

Ok Slide but that's the first time in this thread that you have given any information regarding your post.

1. The game is very fast yes and it's along long while since i played on the beginner servers so I can't really comment on how new players are finding it other than to say that it was always a really sharp learning curve. You have to stick at Hawken to get any good at it and that has always been the case. I understand MMR is more at the forefront of the balancing decisions sinse the last patch. Just because we cant visibly see our MMR doesn't mean it isn't there.
2. I agree. I miss the tuning points and such but the UI seems great to me now. The whole game looks so much more professional now and a lot less like an indie release. So far though i really like the new balancing.
3. Hughes has stated that HUD customization regarding crosshair and radar positioning is coming soon. So i'll wait for that to come in before I comment. I'm used to the new system but it may be good to play around with it.
4. That was my point Slide. You are fully entitled to state your opinion. All I asked for was that you put some reasoning and objectivity behind it.  However, you must allow people to have their own opinion and share it in you thread.
5. Ok cool...
6. Like I said. I don't think you have an objective poll yet purely because of the way you set it out. Plus. we see the same negativity and patch banging every time. I think that after a few weeks of play and the introduction of the new content this forum will be singing a very different tune.

It really is good to hear what you have to say Slide and a lot more productive to share reasonable and constructive opinions. You are very good at this game so use your powers to fight for peace and justice rather than turning to the dark side / slide ;)
Posted Image

#34 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostOdinous, on February 09 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

View PostX_Mangoose_X, on February 08 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

I like the new hawken, more team play.
stop complaining and learn to play with other players once and for all, and put aside the "solitary man who kills everyone" just want to feed your ego
what this man said!!!
Some players need to realize that team dm is actually TEAM DM :o ,if u dont play with your team,u will either die more than others or u will loose.

Always preached that, but from what I hear the only form of teamplay that is encouraged now is the big pile of mechs rushing from one side of the map to the other and kill every enemy as soon as he spawns, I always hated these games because it's boring for the team with the pile and frustrating for the team that can't form up... the games I enjoyed most were these were everyone worked as an individual but when in need there always appeared a team member to help you, given you let them a chance to do so... the new low TTK is meant and the devs say this by themselfs to encourage 1vs1 battles and make them more rewarding or something... but real 1vs1 is very seldom resulting in insta death for the one who is alone.

#35 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:52 AM

What your talking about is the rolling ball of thunder :D Yeh, we used to see that a lot but when you get in the more organised/higher tier matches these things are easily disbursed with a little communication and teamwork. You can lure them into a choke point or gradually break them up but you do need to get everyone in your side working together. Loan wolfing is a fast way to death unless you are an exceptional player.

I hear you but I think what the devs meant to do with the lower TTK was limit kill steals rather than actively encourage 1v1. Aside from Deathmatch these are all Team based games.
Posted Image

#36 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:07 AM

I never felt kill stealing was a problem, whenever there really was a 1vs1 mostly one of the opponets killed the other so fast, that there was no chance to steal the kill or they are really needed your help due to low health. I always appriciated the help of a teammate, even if I may handled my enemy by my own. It was a problem in Deathmatch, but I don't see how it would help there, maybe if you come to a 1vs1 battle you don't kill both but only one of them...

Well I seldom had the luck to get to an organized match...

#37 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:20 AM

Join a clan! It's makes all the difference in this game matey ;) I don't think the game you're both looking for exists in public games. When you have a whole side in TS communicating and playing tactically HAWKEN is something else entirely. This is why we all shout so hard for private servers. HAWKEN has so much potential as an E-Sport. If you want to give clan gaming a go you are more than welcome to join us as a guest and see for yourselves. Just drop me a PM if you're interested.

As for the TTK, this is what [HWK]Vanashinkaku had to say...

When battling another player 1-on-1, we agree that maneuvering and dancing around is fun. However, the longer this lasts the more opportunity there is for another player to come and affect the outcome of the fight. This doesn't feel rewarding for either players involved in the 1-on-1 because it prevents them from having any closure for their duel.

Edited by Pastorius, February 09 2014 - 08:23 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Moridar

Moridar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:30 AM

I'm gonna be that guy that just hops in to reply to the initial poster and doesn't bother to read 2 pages of posts.

I really didn't like the recent Feb. 2014 Steam update. But I certainly do NOT want the game reverted back to its state from Feb. 2013. I'd take January 2014, sure, but the devs have done a lot of good things in the last year (barring, in my opinion, the February 2014 Steam update).

Next time, try being more constructive, and telling people WHY you would possibly want the game reverted back to the way it was a year ago (and explain why the devs should even bother considering such an absurd request).
[Insert witty signature here]

#39 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:31 AM

Thought about that already, but with Hawken now on steam I can't play it anyway. I know it sounds odd to care about what the game has become If I can't play it anyway. But I'm still hoping there will be a possiblity to play without steam, and then I don't want a game that I can play but is no fun...

#40 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostMoridar, on February 09 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

I'm gonna be that guy that just hops in to reply to the initial poster and doesn't bother to read 2 pages of posts.

I really didn't like the recent Feb. 2014 Steam update. But I certainly do NOT want the game reverted back to its state from Feb. 2013. I'd take January 2014, sure, but the devs have done a lot of good things in the last year (barring, in my opinion, the February 2014 Steam update).

Next time, try being more constructive, and telling people WHY you would possibly want the game reverted back to the way it was a year ago (and explain why the devs should even bother considering such an absurd request).

I understand the "Old Hawken" more like to bring back the feeling of the old Hawken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users