HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: OLD HAWKEN (307 member(s) have cast votes)

WANNA IT BACK_

1. YES (178 votes [57.98%])

Percentage of vote: 57.98%

2. NO -_- (look at the video before you click) (129 votes [42.02%])

Percentage of vote: 42.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted February 12 2014 - 10:22 AM

View Posturoncha, on February 12 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

I'm sorry. Machine translation.
hawken It is getting worse gradually.

Now, players do not increase in number.
his first post and he has right! RESPEKT!

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#62 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 12 2014 - 10:26 AM

LOL, so this posts do still exists. hey Smurfers, Hawken is going to be this way, and you´re going to be left behind :) addapt or die. lolololol. the game is fuzzy bunny awesome now,

Posted Image

#63 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostStephenHawkins, on February 12 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

LOL, so this posts do still exists. hey Smurfers, Hawken is going to be this way, and you´re going to be left behind :) addapt or die. lolololol. the game is fuzzy bunny awesome now,

It's more like eat whatever the devs give you or stop playing and watch the game fade in insignificance. :)

#64 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted February 13 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostHuanglong, on February 13 2014 - 12:36 AM, said:

View PostStephenHawkins, on February 12 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

It's more like eat whatever the devs give you or stop playing and watch the game fade in insignificance. :)

Or lets watch as hundreds if not thousands of players join tomorrow and make the game even more significant!

Yay for optimism.

P.s. Game changes don't affect new people because they know no different.

Also, If you dislike the game so much go make your own game and tell me how easy it is to make the "right" choice.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire

#65 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 02:14 PM

The current direction of development of the game seems like they are moving towards a game that isn't very different from any other fps, and so it becomes insignificant in a mean outside of it's number of players.

I don't dislike the game, I dislike the game I fear it will become.

Well I don't say that I know the right choice but I can recognize one that in my opinion is false. So I just give feedback on what the devs are doing now. Criticism is an important part of development.

Edited by Huanglong, February 13 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#66 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted February 16 2014 - 04:50 AM

look at the guy in the general discurtion
he think like me!

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#67 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted February 16 2014 - 07:44 AM

i already answered to that guy,did u read that he wants a state of the game which he saw only in video_never played it before_ :ph34r:

#68 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted February 16 2014 - 08:14 AM

i like the CURRENT hawken, as it's 5 times better,

but I want the OLD DASHBOARD COLOR option back.

T__T

and orange fuel.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#69 Zeus154

Zeus154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 12:00 PM

I honestly can't handle this game that much anymore.

Mind you, take this with a grain of salt, I'm not the greatest pilot, and I've played pre and post-update. I liked HAWKEN pre-update (February 4, 2014). It felt right to me. While I have to maintain great levels of conservatism to not get killed, it's sometimes a bit inevitable. I can spawn where a player can find me few seconds during spawn, or I can get my tuna-can get mercilessly murdered by spawning behind the enemy team.

I feel that the kills are cheap in a way. While yes, you did kill your opponent in combat, you didn't really work that hard. It feels like a snack food, that you keep munching down. I have also noticed an increasing large volume of assists (12+), that drag me down and the team. I feel like that my gun shoots pixie dust and shouts "Yay!," and that I didn't play a large impact towards anything.  Pre-update, the T-T-K was really long, but getting that one kill made you work for it, and it felt good to kill that person who ran from you for the longest time.

Team balancing is rather a mixed bag. I've been put on good teams and win on some occasions, but I get put against them for the most part. Typically in most competitive games, I carry a not-so-great win/loss ratio, this game included. Nothing more to say.

With the short T-T-K, come with the mechs. Class-A mechs are a problem. I say that, since the appeal is "speed over health." While that may attract a newer audience, it will deter them as well. Essentially you have to be increasingly skilled in order to compensate for lack of armor, which when you are a new guy put into the fray, it's rather a bust. With that skill ceiling put up, it bars the good players and the players who want to use them, but can't.

I probably won't play very much HAWKEN in the meantime. I liked this game, because it was unique, and it filled the gap I felt necessary. Now, it's not the same.

I may return every now and again, to see change, but for now, I'll just lurk around. And again, take this with a grain of salt. Thanks for reading.

#70 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostZeus154, on February 16 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Class-A mechs are a problem.

They are since the launch of open beta, may have been before, it was mentioned by the players maaaaaaany times, but the devs did nothing to solve that issue. That's one of the points I think why the game goes in the wrong direction they make so many "improvements" and doesn't even manage to balance the game they currently have.

#71 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted February 16 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on February 08 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

I think biased polls should be against the forum rules, seriously unproductive and annoying.
hell no!!!! a mech game isnt supposed to be fast paced your supposed to love the feel of walking around at a normal slow pace

#72 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted February 16 2014 - 02:59 PM

please make the mech walk speed an jump acceleration back thats all i ask for everything else is fine.....

#73 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 11:33 AM

Meh.  I used to rock at Hawken.  Now there are some games where I literally only get 10 xp because I spawn away from my team, die immediately, and the cycle just repeats.  Sure, I still have some pretty great games where I can take on 3v1 and live/escape/win or can depend on my teammates, but now it's even more luck of the draw with teammates than it was before with me.  I at least used to be able to hold my own more regularly and fights were less twitchy..  I've never been the -best- duelist even if I can, been much better at flanking and causing chaos amongst the enemy ranks, doing seemingly suicidal dashes through them to create tactical openings for allies and killing off one or two while I'm at it before falling back, and so forth, but now in most cases, that's completely moot now.  They did nothing to make this game more 'tactical', you already had to use tactics to win in most cases unless you were insanely twitchy-skilled-- you just had to use different tactics.  They just made it even more twitchy, and less open to different ranges of players.  The whole concept was a mix of slow and fast combat.  Sure, some people love this more, but it's preventing me from being able to get other friends on the game and honestly, I hate it.  I remember a time when they BUFFED mech armor to INCREASE T-T-K because it was too short.  Now they undid that and MORE.  Don't like the sudden Face-Heel Turn.

Edited by Lord_Trent_Kellan, February 22 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#74 PAULDUDEUK

PAULDUDEUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 01:31 PM

all i can say is thank you for titanfall, Hawken was good before the move to steam now its total BS. The TTK is a joke now.

I have flat out stopped playing hawken thanks to this update. If the devs put it back to how it was I will start playing again.

But then again titanfall is only around the corner. That game was so good in the beta. Hawken my have killed its self with this update.

#75 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostLord_Trent_Kellan, on February 22 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Meh.  I used to rock at Hawken.  Now there are some games where I literally only get 10 xp because I spawn away from my team, die immediately, and the cycle just repeats.  Sure, I still have some pretty great games where I can take on 3v1 and live/escape/win or can depend on my teammates, but now it's even more luck of the draw with teammates than it was before with me.  I at least used to be able to hold my own more regularly and fights were less twitchy..  I've never been the -best- duelist even if I can, been much better at flanking and causing chaos amongst the enemy ranks, doing seemingly suicidal dashes through them to create tactical openings for allies and killing off one or two while I'm at it before falling back, and so forth, but now in most cases, that's completely moot now.  They did nothing to make this game more 'tactical', you already had to use tactics to win in most cases unless you were insanely twitchy-skilled-- you just had to use different tactics.  They just made it even more twitchy, and less open to different ranges of players.  The whole concept was a mix of slow and fast combat.  Sure, some people love this more, but it's preventing me from being able to get other friends on the game and honestly, I hate it.  I remember a time when they BUFFED mech armor to INCREASE T-T-K because it was too short.  Now they undid that and MORE.  Don't like the sudden Face-Heel Turn.

I have been working on getting better. I agreed with you when the update came out. I really stunk. I didn't like it because I did bad. After a while I found a high level mentor. I have been learning many more tactics now. How to properly use your mech and be better than your opponent.You say this is a twitch shooter now. There is a large part that is reaction based. I have very good reflexes. I have often been complimented for being able to respond to something so well, like catching someone else's cup before it hits the ground. However, that reaction time wasn't enough for me to do well. It takes skill. I would like to encourege you to find some highly skilled players and ask them to show you how to adapt. Not saying this is you, but most of the haters are people who are always at the bottom of the score board.
I also found that by playing just one mech I could get used to the new TTK.

#76 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 04:00 PM

I don't play this game to learn something new about it because the devs felt like it, I come here to have fun. I think most players like this new update because they invested money or are in some way addicted to the game that they turn a blind eye towards the broken mechanics. My patience with this game is nearing its end because the devs did very few to actually improve the mechanics but managed to make some things even worse.

#77 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostHuanglong, on February 22 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I don't play this game to learn something new about it because the devs felt like it, I come here to have fun.

What you are describing is not an FPS. Every single FPS has a learning curve. If you don't learn it you won't have fun! :)

The reason it is seemingly so hard for us, before Steam players, is that we were used to something different. Our minds were programmed to fight this long until our health reached a certain point then to high tail it out o there. After I figured that out I started doing better.

#78 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 22 2014 - 04:59 PM

That you have Desert, that you have. And as you said before you make a good point. <--- This "High Level Mentor" (flattered).

Anyways, I can tell you I was frustrated more then a midget stuck in the snow. Now that I have given things a chance, the changes are very nice and EXTREMELY welcome. If you die within seconds of spawning then you are doing something wrong. I have almost never had that issue. Keep moving and pay attention to your radar. Also, don't YOLO. That fuzzy bunny doesn't fly anymore.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#79 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 05:21 PM

Well it was a problem before the patch too. That if your entire team dies or most of it, that everyone spawns far away from each other unless your team is well coordinated you most likely get killed by the entire enemy team in the attept to reach your allies. Something you can do very little about even if you learn new skills. And the new low TTK promotes this in a way that the enemy team can shoot you down faster and move on giving the rest of your team an even smaller chance to regroup

Edited by Huanglong, February 22 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#80 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 22 2014 - 05:38 PM

The problem with you guys, is that you want a solution for "problems" that are not problems, but gameplay features that are there to make the game enjoyable and in order. How can be possible that you complain of the friking respawn time and distance, come on xD. you want a fix for every feature that you think "breaks" the game, but it actually makes your mediocre skills more noticeable:  Low Armor, Speed, Map design,  This game don´t need to get back to the "old times", the game needs a more mature comunity and player base, and not this bunch of crying babies playing to "game design", sometimes wanting a COD clone, but with the speed of Quake arena, the Mechwarrior TTK, and the weapons of OmegaBoost, and them sometimes wanting something completelly diferent, but original. xD

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users