HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: OLD HAWKEN (307 member(s) have cast votes)

WANNA IT BACK_

1. YES (178 votes [57.98%])

Percentage of vote: 57.98%

2. NO -_- (look at the video before you click) (129 votes [42.02%])

Percentage of vote: 42.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostHuanglong, on February 09 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

Thought about that already, but with Hawken now on steam I can't play it anyway. I know it sounds odd to care about what the game has become If I can't play it anyway. But I'm still hoping there will be a possiblity to play without steam, and then I don't want a game that I can play but is no fun...

Why cant you play have you not received a code yet_
Posted Image

#42 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:55 AM

I have the code, but I don't want to use steam.

#43 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted February 10 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostHuanglong, on February 09 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

use it.. you dont have to use the stream you just have to down whit the stream after that are you out of stream ;)

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#44 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 09:17 AM

i support you slide

greets me

#45 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 09:59 AM

View Postplons, on February 10 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

i support you slide

greets me
ty ... oh you have twitch cool

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 10 2014 - 11:30 AM

Sorry for say this but even with the results of this poll, the game will not be changed by the simple reason than the devs are making their gamble right now with this iteration of the game, than is faster yes, consume less resources yes, but something it's missing.

Also as a note, they removed baazar on rotation and let in the missile heaven than last eco in siege, even than received suggestions for tweak last eco and be less than a missile heaven, they simply make deaf ears.. considering proportions the patch is not the awesome stuff some players expected.

Meanwhile the devs dont know how to return the spark to the game, their product will continue its drift in unknown waters, only time will tell if this was the correct move or not.

Edited by Taerkasten, February 10 2014 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#47 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostTaerkasten, on February 10 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Sorry for say this but even with the results of this poll, the game will not be changed by the simple reason than the devs are making their gamble right now with this iteration of the game, than is faster yes, consume less resources yes, but something it's missing.

Also as a note, they removed baazar on rotation and let in the missile heaven than last eco in siege, even than received suggestions for tweak last eco and be less than a missile heaven, they simply make deaf ears.. considering proportions the patch is not the awesome stuff some players expected.

Meanwhile the devs dont know how to return the spark to the game, their product will continue its drift in unknown waters, only time will tell if this was the correct move or not.

I have the same feeling, that the devs don't know were do they want to go, they seem to have no idea what game they want to make.

View PostSlide2Die, on February 10 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

View PostHuanglong, on February 09 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

use it.. you dont have to use the stream you just have to down whit the stream after that are you out of stream ;)

Maybe I reconsider my opinion, if it's really so you only need steam for the download and updates.

#48 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 10 2014 - 01:46 PM

I'd not normally go here after the headline;
The old is never coming back, and more importantly, which old do you mean_
I for once loved the Ascension UI, and I like tuning as much as the next guy.
And then, wasn't it better even earlier_
I heard Alpha was pretty swell as well.

... But every version of the game must have been better than this one. I try not to be overly negative about it, but this new version made me quit within just over an hour of play.
I still stroll here to see how it develops, and I wish the developers best of luck, but I sadly won't have fun here anymore.
I did in the past, so I suppose that's sufficient reason for a vote.
As pointless as the whole thread might be what with the lack of substantiated claims and suggestions.

Edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG, February 10 2014 - 01:49 PM.

How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#49 dontmindme

dontmindme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostUnDeaD_CyBorG, on February 10 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

I'd not normally go here after the headline;
The old is never coming back, and more importantly, which old do you mean_
I for once loved the Ascension UI, and I like tuning as much as the next guy.
And then, wasn't it better even earlier_
I heard Alpha was pretty swell as well.

... But every version of the game must have been better than this one. I try not to be overly negative about it, but this new version made me quit within just over an hour of play.
I still stroll here to see how it develops, and I wish the developers best of luck, but I sadly won't have fun here anymore.
I did in the past, so I suppose that's sufficient reason for a vote.
As pointless as the whole thread might be what with the lack of substantiated claims and suggestions.

Aren't they also queuing up some changes for the official, well, public release on STEAM as well_  I'm basically waiting until that happens before I even give Hawken another try.  They do seem to be taking a direction with this game that is not exactly where I'd like for it to go, but... if it draws in players, it's a win-win for them and they're "doing it right"... maybe I'll be surprised for the better with the current incarnation of Hawken, maybe with whatever gets changed in a week or two, you might find the Hawken experience more enjoyable, only time will tell.

Edited by dontmindme, February 10 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#50 Sepherroth

Sepherroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 06:10 AM

Good Job Meteor.... way to kill it with Steam.  pfff what a joke

#51 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostTaerkasten, on February 10 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Well.. from my perspective as a member of game development team in few different companies (as a concept artist, level designer & 3d modeler) I could add some light to reason of that 'drift': sometimes the marketing department says "It's cool and all that u guys have fantastic new ideas but you know what_ We've conducted a 'research' and now we know that the game X is VERY popular & as a conclusion.. can u guys make our game into game X_ Cos.. we know it will sell!"

Games are now costly & risky business. The investors wants their money back as soon as possible. Sure they could allow the developers time for some experiments but they'll loose their patience/confidence very fast. I know it now by heart <sniff, sniff>

Look what happen with Hawken:
1. bold start with fantastic graphics and ideas showing very capable team
2. very messy phases of adding new content without fixing a lot of major bugs
3. a new content didn't included new maps for a long time so people got bored & walked away
4. big updates totally changing gameplay mechanics tired a lot of veterans
5. now it's phase of cutting off the ideas gradually changing the core mechanics to every other 'modern multiplayer shooter'

As a point 6. i would guess a jump on Steam platform is for cutting the costs or is a desperate way search for new clients. But that's only my speculation.

I remember saying it somewhere here on the forum but i'll repeat it: I think Hawken is a very good game. A marvel showing that very small but capable team could really accomplish miracles. But i cannot remain silent when game with such extraordinary potential becomes nothing more than 'another online shooter'. E-sport only for clan gangs. Arena of constant death & respawn. No more fineness or planning.. just pure hardcore skill_ So that's it_ There's nothing more devs can't come up with_

What about solo/coop campaign_ The art assets are done.. so what are the devs waiting for_ Killzone 3 Operations type multiplayer ringing a bell_ I think i'm not the only one who would pay an extra for decent solo/coop experience. What with the Hawken live action mini-series_ Couldn't that be an inspiration for a campaign_

#52 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostSepherroth, on February 11 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Good Job Meteor.... way to kill it with Steam.  pfff what a joke
:) dude you think like moi!

Posted Image

#53 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:57 AM

hear this sound....

[UMBRE]s gameplay

Posted Image

#54 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 10:58 AM

Pelax, I couldn't agree more.

#55 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 11 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostPelax, on February 11 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

now it's phase of cutting off the ideas gradually changing the core mechanics to every other 'modern multiplayer shooter'

What exactly do you mean by 'core mechanics'_ Hawken has pretty much always stayed consistent with its core mechanics, like heat buildup/management, dodging, boosting, hovering, dual weapons, active item/passive internal system... many of which (and ultimately the combination of which) aren't features or mechanics of other recent 'modern multiplayer shooters'. I'm not sure what you mean by this.

View PostPelax, on February 11 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

What about solo/coop campaign_ The art assets are done.. so what are the devs waiting for_

[citation needed]
Posted Image

#56 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted February 11 2014 - 05:05 PM

So, how many of the "old Hawken" whiners actually played during the Alpha stages_

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#57 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 05:17 PM

So if we don't played in the alpha stages, how could we wish them back, which makes your question irrelevant.

Edited by Huanglong, February 11 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#58 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 11:58 PM

@Beefsweat

Well.. customisation was cut. I wonder what's next.

Art assets are those all objects placed around the levels (plus all unique texture packages). It's all done & could be used when creating other levels. That's pretty rich & impressive library already. Just watch some 'UDK level tutorials' and u'll know what i mean.

@Ganelon

I'm 'whinning' since middle of 2012;-P

#59 uroncha

uroncha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 09:16 AM

I'm sorry. Machine translation.
hawken It is getting worse gradually.

Now, players do not increase in number.

#60 ZENX49

ZENX49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 10:20 AM

I certainly hope this game isn't gonna turn into the next Exteel... Pay to have any customization, pay to have any good hardware for your machine, pay to do the most simplest of things (like emoting in mid-game).

I liked the older look of the game too. The interface actually integrated with the control systems inside your cockpit's way better looking than a flat, on-screen HUD floating over your mech's controls. it felt more immersive and engaging having the gauges and meters all integrated with the inside of your mech.

Other than that, I can't really complain, but I feel the first thing I mentioned is a glaring and crippling aspect to what was envisioned to be a VERY great game. Meteor, please don't turn this into another cheesy pay-to-win Korean MMO...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users