HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Poll: OLD HAWKEN (307 member(s) have cast votes)

WANNA IT BACK_

1. YES (178 votes [57.98%])

Percentage of vote: 57.98%

2. NO -_- (look at the video before you click) (129 votes [42.02%])

Percentage of vote: 42.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 08:32 PM

Thats right we need a more mature community that actually can handle criticism and don't starts crying as soon as someone is criticizing thier precious game.

#82 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 22 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostHuanglong, on February 22 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Thats right we need a more mature community that actually can handle criticism and don't starts crying as soon as someone is criticizing thier precious game.

My "Crying", since I´m not part of the developement team, makes me be out of the equation "game-community". One thing is criticism, and other is the ridiculous suggestions based on selfish ways of gaming with poor excuses. I like when people do suggestions based on facts and data gathered on the battlefield, but the "suggestions" based on wishes born from a poor game performance is what I really dislike, I was reading "Remove the tech, because the class c are very powerful with one behind" (yes, remove)  This player, instead of do smart team play, attack techinicians first, communicate,etc,  nope, nope, nope, go YOLO against the C class with a GODDAMN tech behind, and they feel surprised and angry when die. their solution:  REMOVE a mech that is played by a large player base. That´s Selfish and dumb. And that applies for all the childish suggestions: "Shorten respawn time", "remove homing of the hellfire", "Add an underground area to bunker, because I die a lot against Sharpshooters",  "make personal shields". "Make Chaff grenades to avoid hellfires",  no no no, Suggestions and feedback is necesary and vital, but Selfish and Dumb segguestions of players wanting their favorite mech to be invincible,  are pointless for the vast majority of players. Fortunatelly, the Devs understand that this game needed to give to all the pilots the same chance to win, with EVERY mech in game and we have a more balanced experience.

Posted Image

#83 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 06:16 AM

Nobody here is speaking of any of this. We want that hawken goes back into the direction it was before the steam update. And I personally want that they finally start to actually balance the game... they tried form time to time but greatly unbalanced games that occure all the time determine these efforts rather pointless. Maybe the solutions that some people suggest are selfish, but the problems mostly actually exist... even if they didn't spent hours on collecting data or cannot express the problem properly. But just ignoring them and putting them all in the whinning-about-that-thier-mech-isn't-invincible category isn't very wise either.

#84 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted February 23 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostHuanglong, on February 23 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Nobody here is speaking of any of this. We want that hawken goes back into the direction it was before the steam update. And I personally want that they finally start to actually balance the game... they tried form time to time but greatly unbalanced games that occure all the time determine these efforts rather pointless. Maybe the solutions that some people suggest are selfish, but the problems mostly actually exist... even if they didn't spent hours on collecting data or cannot express the problem properly. But just ignoring them and putting them all in the whinning-about-that-thier-mech-isn't-invincible category isn't very wise either.
you are good bro! add me on the game once if you have time (and if you use steam) you just need to down the game whit steam after that you "dont play whit steam" just down it! you dont need to open the steam evry time!

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#85 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted February 23 2014 - 06:47 AM

oh noes old hawken is gone qqqqqqqqqqq
so sad plz bring it back or me no spend moneys on ur game qqqqq

On a serious note:
I like both the 'old' and 'new' Hawken versions..
I think the new Hawken's the most balanced in a LONG time, so I'm guessing I prefer the newer version.

Just a neutral player here. :v

Posted Image

Spoiler

#86 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted February 23 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hawken before the last two updates was perfect it still had the semi slow pace walking speeds an the turn rate was lower. I thought everything was pretty balanced I never had a problem with c class. if u can't handle scout fully upgraded then ur not a pro yet because I would have to say that's the #1 duel mech. But anyways back to what I wanted to say is that this game has totally turned into a fast paced shooter instead of the fun slow stumpy mech game it used to be. All they had to do is make the matches more rewarding with MC.

#87 Rurczak

Rurczak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hello,
The game have higher requirements__ Before Hawken on steam the game works greate but now i have instabilyty :/ ping is good.......

#88 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted February 28 2014 - 01:43 PM

Ok, to sum it all up:

Everyone who played the early days of open beta, closed beta and alpha is enjoying the new patch in terms of mechanics, but can't feel the soul Hawken had before ascension and the Tech.

The other day I was thinking about what the game used to look like before things went out of the way, and man I was sad. I mean.

http://www.youtube.c...r6fdXOZQs3g#t=3

Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 Slayzz

Slayzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 04:02 PM

Something from a newbie about the current Hawken:

I´ve never played the "old" Hawken, only since a week. But if i show videos  with the customize(skill)-system, i would rather play this Hawken. It´s a good game, but somehow mainstream like other shooters, only with mechs.

The mechs are so prefabricated. Now the only things i can change are internals and items. That´s permanently so boring. (I´ve read the reasons the skill-system has been removed.)

Today, a game should be unique, not only from the optic.
An example: If anyone knews Loadout, this Comic-Shooter_ Not the best shooter, but with a amazing customize-system.

Another thing are these highspeed-gameplay ... i mean i´m sitting in a mech. I join a map and it´s all about dodge - shot - dodge - shot - hit - fly around - dodge. I don´t no if i´m getting to old but ... i´m sitting in a mech and not in a bouncy ball ;)

Ultimately i can´t say about the "old" Hawken, but how i said, if i show a pre-patch video, it´s more the game i like and i was searching for - not only changes results to a better gameplay.

(uhh, my english - in my timezone it´s time to say good night ;) )

#90 mechpilot6666

mechpilot6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 28 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostGree, on February 28 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Ok, to sum it all up:

Everyone who played the early days of open beta, closed beta and alpha is enjoying the new patch in terms of mechanics, but can't feel the soul Hawken had before ascension and the Tech.

The other day I was thinking about what the game used to look like before things went out of the way, and man I was sad. I mean.

http://www.youtube.c...r6fdXOZQs3g#t=3

Posted Image
Posted Image

Said it before and I'll say it again. This game is great right now.... it's only sub par when compared with how it used to be.

#91 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted February 28 2014 - 05:39 PM

The two main things I want back from older Hawken are the higher HP, and dodging using fuel.

I have tried and tried to continue enjoying playing Hawken since the Steam update, but I have been unsuccessful so far. And the two biggest reasons for that are what the low HP and free dodging have done to how the game plays.

I thought that the health amounts worked better when it was 500 for A, 750 for B, and 900 for C class than it does now, even with the imbalances that caused.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#92 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted March 01 2014 - 09:56 AM

Still likin this build the most since I joined 2 weeks before ascension.  So much speed death!

#93 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted March 01 2014 - 12:25 PM

View Postcomic_sans, on March 01 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Still likin this build the most since I joined 2 weeks before ascension.  So much speed death!

fuzzy bunny we been playing the same amount of time_

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#94 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted March 01 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostRequiem132, on March 01 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

View Postcomic_sans, on March 01 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

fuzzy bunny we been playing the same amount of time_

Ya dude, time b flyin.

#95 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted March 01 2014 - 09:17 PM

I honestly like the game how it is right now. I really do miss that circle with XP that used to show up after killing an enemy though!
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#96 MadMike

MadMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationWhere it snows and melts

Posted March 03 2014 - 06:05 PM

I don't know why so many people are bashing this guy for posting this, besides the poll results it's clear that many people that played the beta loved how it worked. I persoanlly don't like the kiddy additions they've added to the game and many of the mechanics (which made me want to buy the game outright @ E3) are gone.
MadMike | Steam: (ask me!) | Wii U: madmikev2 | 3DS: 3823-8695-8435
SuperDuoBros. channel: http://www.youtube.c...uoBros/featured | UYA Gamers: http://steamcommunit...roups/uyagamers

#97 Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationIndpls, IN USA

Posted March 03 2014 - 07:16 PM

Yes, old game please.

YEAH I'M REALLY A 60 YR OLD GAMER. MY CALLSIGN IS PRONOUNCED INNOVATOR!!
Posted Image

#98 Nue7ra1

Nue7ra1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 02:14 AM

Alright, seeing as no one else seems to think so, I still hold that there some serious issues in pretty much every incarnation of Hawken that I've played.
  • Going back to pre-ascension, the spawning on the opposite side of the map, with the enemy killball in between you and your team problem has apparently yet to be fixed.
  • The vertical progression still makes enemies who have played longer not only be better at the game than you, they ALSO have better gear.
  • I haven't seen the techy as much, partially due not playing more than ten matches post steam update, so I can't tell if they figured out a way to actually make it require skill yet. (or for that matter, if the green beam of invulnerability still heals you faster than a Vulcan can kill.)
TL;DR Literally every version of Hawken had problems, keep the feedback coming, and you might make a difference.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that most matches I have been in (through matchmaker and otherwise,) have been as one-sided as ever. (losing or winning 20-40 is not any better than the 10-30s and 20-00s of Olde.) :wacko:

Edited by Nue7ra1, March 04 2014 - 02:18 AM.

#99 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted March 06 2014 - 11:53 PM

man man man 6 pages here... over 200 vots and noone from hawken team type somthing here...

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#100 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationRussia, Lipetsk

Posted March 07 2014 - 12:49 AM

I will give a little information about the amount of the former players. Since developers reasonably conceal amount of players in the game. From the very start of the game (12 December 2012) to today, Russian players in the Hawk was nearly 12,000 players (I know this figure because virtually all my compatriots are registered on - http://hawken.ru). They came and went, who then remained. And now we have only about 350 players.
And I do not think that these figures mean that the game was bad. No, just the game has evolved - honed balance of Mechs and weapons have made changes to the game modes. People just want a finished product, but now they have not come back.

Edited by Anichkov3, March 07 2014 - 12:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users