HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken TPG League! Official Organized Play!

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#41 WTFuzzyBunny

WTFuzzyBunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 03:50 AM

all levels welcome.

#42 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostDaronicus, on February 16 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

View PostFivelon, on February 16 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

I'd like to participate. What time will games be_ I'm not always available until late in the evening.

If any team would like to have me, you know how to reach me!

I'm very glad to see this happening. This is gonna be fun :)

Games can be scheduled between teams, I believe.  Just so long as you finish all your matches by Sunday.  Right_

There is a smoothly functioning scheduler/matchcom system in the TPG site to help team captains find the most convenient time to play their weekly match.
Even   in the case of an ff forfiet, a match can always be made up later, and the results recorded (if it's before the final/ anytime before the end of regular season).
This first few weeks of pre-season is a great time to learn how this stuff works.
You'll find TPG is really easy to use, and as this is our inaugural season, quite open to the participants desires.

#43 Mobstarr

Mobstarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:08 AM

giev eu div plx thx ggwpnore

Edited by Mobstarr, February 17 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#44 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:17 AM

Just for clarification, CHR is completely separate and still runs at the normal times, or this is rreplacing CHR_

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#45 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:19 AM

Quick question: Are the matches going to be only TDM or are we including Siege/MA as well_ How does ranking in the league work, based on how many wins your team has_

Also, are there any EU teams I could join_ I might be interested in this. :)

Get your hard on.

#46 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostMobstarr, on February 17 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

giev eu div plx thx ggwpnore

I believe that EU has enough players to have a TPG EU Hawken league.
If you know some people who would be able to run it, contact me and I will work to set them up with our capable and established sytem.

That said, eu players are completely welcome   to play the NA Tpg Hawken league, and I myself would love to play in the Eu league if the default time is anything like the eu leagues I've played in before (usually around 3pm est. my time).

View PostXacius, on February 17 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

View PostViconaut, on February 17 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

hey! i am very interested in joining a team, i like to think of myself as pretty competent/skilled player if any of the team leaders are still scanning this please send me a message or something so i may join one of you. thanks

Send a message around and hop in the BSB TS around 6pm PST Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays for competitive community scrims!

Join this group.
http://steamcommunit...roups/HAWKENPUG

Getting in on 12 mans, pick up games, and the scrims at BSB is a great way to recruit/get recruited to a TPG team!

#47 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:29 AM

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on February 17 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:

Quick question: Are the matches going to be only TDM or are we including Siege/MA as well_ How does ranking in the league work, based on how many wins your team has_

Also, are there any EU teams I could join_ I might be interested in this. :)

We are beginning with TDM. Ideally we all prefer an objective mode for comp play. We will expand these objective modes as we establish ourselves as a community of players.
There is no ranking per se. All levels of skill are welcome.
As we move into the regular season, some teams will demonstrate a higher skill than others.
Eventually we will be able to seperate leagues into divisions, eg. Open (beginner) Intermediate, Main, and Invite.
But that is a fair way off into the future, and comes with everyone's play being elevated by the comp enviroment.

As I said, eu players are welcome to play in this NA league.
If anyone would like to work on establishing and running the TPG EU Hawken league, please contact a tpg admin.

Edited by craftydus, February 17 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#48 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 17 2014 - 05:58 AM

I don't think this was mentioned but it should be noted that when you create your account you need to make sure you link your steam account in the TPG account settings.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 17 2014 - 06:01 AM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#49 Daronicus

Daronicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostLoC_TR, on February 17 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

I don't think this was mentioned but it should be noted that when you create your account you need to make sure you link your steam account in the TPG account settings.

This is actually not necessary, I don't think.  What you need to do is find your Steam ID and enter it in the "My Teams" section.  You can look yours up by going to http://steamidfinder.com/

#50 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostDaronicus, on February 17 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

This is actually not necessary, I don't think.  What you need to do is find your Steam ID and enter it in the "My Teams" section.  You can look yours up by going to http://steamidfinder.com/

Its mostly just convenience, so i don't have to track it down.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#51 WTFuzzyBunny

WTFuzzyBunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostDaronicus, on February 17 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

That's right, it was only missing from all you hipsters that had registered with Tpg before Hawken's Steam Surprise.
It's now part of the registration form like the other league signups at Tpg.

Also @Silverfire, the CHR (community hawken rumble) pickup games at BSB remain a healthy tradition.
Friday and Saturday evenings at BSB teamspeak, all are welcome to come and play.

#52 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted February 17 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostThirdEyE, on February 16 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostRei, on February 16 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

Item bannings: why_ I know items such as radar scanner are amazing, but why not just restrict to 1 per team_ Also MG Turret and Rocket have no reason being banned imo... They're barely used as-is anyway.

Radar scanner is too amazing, which is why it's being banned.  It may not seem op in pub play, but for teams that are communicating and organized it provides far too much information for even a single item slot.  It doesn't even show up on radar (like scramblers do) or in Stalker vision.

Turrets are annoying, but I don't think they deserve to be banned.  They do minimal damage and are destroyed very easily.  Honestly at most times they just seem like a poor version of the radar scanner.

I'm also glad that techs aren't currently banned, but they do need to be seriously balanced.  That's a whole other can of worms though.
I play in the organized games all of the time. I do understand the significance to where most of the teams actually bring TWO. That's why I'm saying 1 as a restriction could be ok. Though to be honest, i would like for it to show up on radar, that would be a nice balance change which I think could bring it back if they aren't going to unban it at this rate. Scanner is definitely the strongest item in the game right now, but I don't feel as if it should be banned. Restricted sure, but not banned.

And yeah Keji, definitely agree. It's annoying whenever I watch someone else's stream with the edited FOV... They can just see around corners and repair safely wherever with no risk. And don't say it doesn't, because the FOV fix definitely zooms the camera back further to where yes, you see a LOT more.

Edited by Rei, February 17 2014 - 12:46 PM.

!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#53 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostRei, on February 17 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

I play in the organized games all of the time. I do understand the significance to where most of the teams actually bring TWO. That's why I'm saying 1 as a restriction could be ok. Though to be honest, i would like for it to show up on radar, that would be a nice balance change which I think could bring it back if they aren't going to unban it at this rate. Scanner is definitely the strongest item in the game right now, but I don't feel as if it should be banned. Restricted sure, but not banned.

I think we should test this in community scrims. I don't like the scanner or the large radar personally since it limits flanking, it's never fun taking the time to go around the enemy using the maximum precautions only to get TOW'ed in the face because they saw you trying to flank since you started due to radar. I partially blame the "stand in a line and fire" meta due to this, it's a crutch item.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#54 WTFuzzyBunny

WTFuzzyBunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 01:13 PM

Item bannings: why_ I know items such as radar scanner are amazing, but why not just restrict to 1 per team_ Also MG Turret and Rocket have no reason being banned imo... They're barely used as-is anyway.

Radar scanner is too amazing, which is why it's being banned.  It may not seem op in pub play, but for teams that are communicating and organized it provides far too much information for even a single item slot.  It doesn't even show up on radar (like scramblers do) or in Stalker vision.

Turrets are annoying, but I don't think they deserve to be banned.  They do minimal damage and are destroyed very easily.  Honestly at most times they just seem like a poor version of the radar scanner.

I'm also glad that techs aren't currently banned, but they do need to be seriously balanced.  That's a whole other can of worms though.

And yeah Keji, definitely agree. It's annoying whenever I watch someone else's stream with the edited FOV... They can just see around corners and repair safely wherever with no risk. And don't say it doesn't, because the FOV fix definitely zooms the camera back further to where yes, you see a LOT more.

While I consider the difference between this

Posted Image

and this

Posted Image

as far as how wide you can see from your in game point of view, to be a minor disparity.

While the radar acanner's ability to see exactly   where players are quietly walking across the map is a major problem.
That's nearly a wallhack.

Despite what I might think or say on these topics, it's really up to the participants.
If the players in the league can agree that they want something in the spirit of fair play, they will surely get it.

#55 Nefarioc

Nefarioc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted February 17 2014 - 01:44 PM

Count me in ! Thought I am missing a clan or a team I would absolutely love to participate in this endeavor. Anyone short a player who needs assistance feel free to shoot me a note (as long as I don't break Xacius's rulez).

#56 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted February 17 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostWTFuzzyBunny, on February 17 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

While I consider the difference between this

Posted Image

and this

Posted Image

as far as how wide you can see from your in game point of view, to be a minor disparity.

While the radar acanner's ability to see exactly   where players are quietly walking across the map is a major problem.
That's nearly a wallhack.

Despite what I might think or say on these topics, it's really up to the participants.
If the players in the league can agree that they want something in the spirit of fair play, they will surely get it.
Have you actually seen the difference in-game_ Because the wider FOV also ZOOMS your camera out...

case in point.
FOV90
Posted Image
FOV120
Posted Image

Or just click back/forth on first image second image on this http://imgur.com/WzTY0K6,Y6NSM6b

It zooms the camera out, you see a LOT more, and just keeps players way too safe while they're repairing.

However I feel as if my words fall to deaf ears. I know anyone can do this, but honestly I'm not really ok with it unless it's an option you can change in-game rather than editing game files. This is a distinct advantage gained from outside the game exe even though it's packaged with the game.

Edited by Rei, February 17 2014 - 02:10 PM.

!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#57 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted February 17 2014 - 02:55 PM

I want to be the bench player in Eliteshooter's team.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#58 Rasti

Rasti

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 17 2014 - 03:04 PM

Fully agree with Rei.
Not a fan of a FoV over 90 as long as it isn't possible to change to that value ingame without file editing.

It just feels waaaay too cheaty to me and gives too much of an advantage.

Also, we of Blue Vengeance might be interested in an EU division.
Emphasis on the might as we currently are unsure whether we can get together enough *cough* good *cough* players who currently even want to play Hawken.

Let's see whether I can get some decent feedback from my peeps.

Edited by Rasti, February 17 2014 - 03:05 PM.

Jonnywithanh said:

yes you can be yoda

#59 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 17 2014 - 03:06 PM

unbz

#60 Rasti