HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Feedback about Incinerator's weapons B3-AR; BBY, PPA & M4MA, SAARE and Heat dispersion

Game

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 thebloodgod0

thebloodgod0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 10:10 PM

Both I guess, I played Incinerator in high level matches and got top 2 most of the time. The PPA makes the Incinerator the best assassin in the game. If you alpha-strike someone from behind, specially A mechs, you'll have 100% chance of killing that guy. Just spin up the PPA, hit him with SAABRE twice and then build up some heat which takes about 1 second, and BAAAM!!! Give him a butt slam if his health is low enough. Its also a very good flanking mech, but die just as fast as an A mech for some reason. PPA Incinerator-Tech combo can let your team retake the AA and kill all of the enemy team.
TL;DR - PPA Incinerator is just as viable as other mechs even in high level matches

#22 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 03 2014 - 06:44 AM

Cool!  Thanks!

#23 YouLosexD

YouLosexD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 01:03 PM

I don't' see why you people moan_ I love mama and I constantly get 1/2 ranks with 8-12k damage output. I haven't tried papa but I don't see anything wrong with mama and heat buildup to spam saare

#24 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 09:29 PM

The PPA is almost useable for me but the rev up is just FAR too long. If it could spit a few bullets as it's reving up I would do sooo much better with it. I also notice sometimes my PPA jams up and doesn't fire or it generates heat before bullets are spit out which throws off my heat management, don't know if that's a bug though.

#25 Ulric_Kerensky

Ulric_Kerensky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:16 PM

I like using the Incinerator, but I do feel that the weapon graphics and sound effects don't quite match how the weapon performs. Firstly, I think that the devs should consider how big an impact sound is on the gaming experience. I find that when the sound effects are not punchy enough or lack the correlation between the player's actions, weapons etc. the experience is a bit muted. In the case of the Incinerators weapons, with their gatling design, it would seem to make more sense if their fire rate was higher and the accompanying sound effect was more like that of real life gatling guns - in fact, the Vulcans sound a lot more like Gatling guns that the ones on the incinerator. I suggest they switch the soundeffects used. This should help the sense of immersion by establishing a greater sense of "connect" between what you see and what you hear.

In terms of size, the in game Incinerator guns actually measure up quite similarly to the GAU-8 gun used on the A10 Avenger and I think it should have been used as a model for this. I think this video should help get an idea of what I mean.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nk1HU5WShpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, since they all look kind of alike, perhaps the solution to the Baby Gatling could be to make it smaller, raise the rate of fire significantly (gatling guns have very very high fire rates), include tracer bullet effects and possibly more impact effects. This should make it feel more like a "minigun" and keep it more in line with how it looks in the game and give it a unique place in the lineup of weapons. I also recommend raising the damage a little but increasing the spread on this weapon.

PAPA: For the Papa, I recommend using the GAU-8 as a very direct mold on the gun, for one, I think that it should be the gun most similar to the GAU-8. So it having the same rough size as the real life weapon, sound and effects should make it a very nice weapon to use. Again, here I'd recommend they raise the fire rate dramatically and include some effects like smoke from the barrels and possibly an effect which pushes or slows the mech backwards when it is fired (recoil) essentially. The real GAU-8 actually slows the A-10 down when it is fired. I also recommend that they remove the spin up - or that they allow a constant spin up mode which should be active whether or not the player is walking or boosting. To balance this out in part, make the spin up sound effect audible and apparent to other users. Again, this will give it its own place and flavor in the game.

As for the MAMA, again, I think it fires too slowly for a gatling gun and the arching trajectory means its use is much more limited. I get that its mainly meant to be used as an area denial weapon but it's too limited in its function. I think that the spin-up mechanic and the slow rate of fire are not consistent with the way the guns look and they feel and sound someone anemic. For the M4M4, to differentiate it, I'd use a triple barrel gating gun modeled like the GAU-19 or the M197. A slower rate of fire than the other two would make sense, but I'd still have it fire much faster and do less damage per individual bullet than the M4M4 at the moment. Again, here I think it would be nice to have it fire a stream of tracers - the effect should help make it clear which area is under threat. Also, having a slightly wider spread than it does at the moment would be nice.

#26 Squeedge

Squeedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationI HAVE BIG THEETH

Posted March 30 2014 - 04:22 PM

I know that i'm new to this forum and the game it self (less than 100 gours of gamplay) but i think i can give my vision on the incinerator because it is my favourite class. I started with the granadier and leveld him up to max rank and then with the HC i bought the incinerator class because i love all the C-class consept (supress fire and defend strategic points). Right now i also maxed the incinerator and i have something near 15 hours of gampleplay with it. So making that clear i'll move on and tell you why i think the class its not weak at all and you just need to know 2 things:
-Know your team and witch classes are near you (i would say that having 1-2 techs some A and B classes and one C class you have a very strong lane up)
-Know the enemy and how they are moving. Very important think as a suport its to stay close to teamates cuz heat and supressing fire, if u are playing Siege this big guy can hold an AA with 2 other meks for very long times, having infinite rate of fire its a huge things and holding points makes you enemy to come and get close to you and thats when your BBY stars having power.
IMO the secondary weapon its very power full, looking besides the heat point ability, the dmg its very good for making your oponent retreat, i think that if u are fighting near you should change for the primary fire with the SAARE but if you are trying to supress someone and move him away from some point the secondary fire ability its way to good for the aoe + big heat refreshment on your team while you are rushing into that point. I've used both M4MA and PPA and they both are great for situational games, for example PPA its more like a going alone where you need more supressing fire from you SAARE so you just make that Machinegun roll and over heat you all the time. M4MA its more for suports i think and not for Rushing but defending. If you are holding a point and Make enemys overheat with its special ability its easyer for the A classes to rush into the enemy and finish them up while the are over heated and cant do fuzzy bunny.
Anyways i just think that this class relys a lot on how you use it, and your teamates. One of the stronger classes in supression and defenily the best friend of techs. Just give people time to find out how to use it best. I would not change him cuz i think right now its balanced, if they buff him i would say that just his ability need a buff, pheraps in step of making dmg in aoe it should spread you heat over the enemy mechs making him more like a defensive guy and suport than a last resort ability.

Posted Image

#27 ninjab3ta

ninjab3ta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 12:06 PM

As a prepost side note, what the hell is designated "high level play_" I'm at about 1830 mmr right now, but I still feel like a nub since I only have 21 hours played.

Anyway...

All three weapons on this mech are decent/good, and serve a purpose.

The BBY is for the "babies" who just picked up the mech (not trying to be insulting, just proving a point). It is to demonstrate how to use the primary and the secondary in tandem, heat management, and a general feel of the Incinerator.

The PPA is the big-daddy of DPS, but is too hot for inexperienced players, and even some experienced ones. Needs to be held in check at all times, meaning both pre-reving it and heat management in the form of burst fire. Currently my favorite primary for TDM as it allows maximum alt-SAARE spam.

The M4MA is for only the most experienced players, as it loses quite a bit of DPS from PPA and is not hitscan. However, I prefer this weapon for objective game modes for its superior area-denial capabilities, as its arc is nearly identical to the SAARE. It also has the nice bonus of adding another element of support to this support mech; once you can hit enemies at range with it, you can help your allies win duels by causing the opposing mech to overheat much faster. To give some feel for it, an unaware Assault/CR-T will overheat before they realize they had to use their ability in the first place.

The ability though, leaves a little to be desired. especially after its nerf, though that was somewhat justified in a pure mechanic/logical sense. I personally believe that, because of damage falloff now, the AOE should be much larger. Toss in the fact that using it while having PPA equipped makes you unable to deal damage afterward for 3 seconds and it really feels like a buff of some sort is in order.

All in all, I find this mech extremely rewarding to play, provided your team works as a team and you can stick with them. Many a game I have had where my team and I stuck together, with me shelling the distant enemies with fire while my teammates rained TOWs and grenades, and nearly instant-killing those mechs that came close with horrific concentrated fire. Just play like the Class-C it is, and never stop shooting  :lol:

#28 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 22 2014 - 04:03 AM

ninjab3ta, on March 31 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

As a prepost side note, what the hell is designated "high level play_"

Most of the community considers high level play to be when the average server MMR is at 2000 or higher.

Also, I haven't used the other incinerator weapons, so I can't really say anything on them just yet.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, April 22 2014 - 04:06 AM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#29 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted April 26 2014 - 12:05 AM

I just picked up the Incin a couple days ago. Out of the box, it was great. The BBY shot as well as I could ask, the SAARE is awesome, and the way it removes heat from teammates is as utilitarian as it gets. Then I found a couple bucks layin' around, and decided to get the M4M4 (yes, I know, I bought a prestige gun for my rank 2 mech, like a fool). But I was amazed when I tried it out. It was terrible. Like, really, truly, genuinely, AWFUL. Coming from Tech, I understand the arc, and I have no issues with that. Prior experience with Bruiser has taught me to be patient with ramp-up. With that said, ramping up is one thing, but *fire*...........*fire*.........*fire*..... *fire*..*fire*..*firefirefire* is just straight-up DUMB. I get that it does more damage and overheats enemies, but you will never land enough hits with it for that to matter. I keep getting crushed before my M4M4 can fire off three shots. I don't understand why it takes SO LONG. Wish I had just bought a paintjob, or shoot, maybe just anther mech all together. .-.

-edit- Long rant is long. Sorry. :/

Edited by SatelliteJack, April 26 2014 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#30 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 26 2014 - 03:56 AM

M4MA is made for supression, nobody wants to walk into a hallway of fireballs heading in their direction. The key thing with BBY and M4MA is don't stop firing, and stay at mid range.

SAARE Alt fire sucks up more heat(-30) for more splash/damage(+20), enough to cover M4M4.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#31 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 10:41 AM

Duralumi, on February 23 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Finally got to try the PPA. It's awful.
Spinup time and the heat rate need to be seriously looked at. When a chain gun overheats at the same speed it takes to get going, something's wrong. Even when you spam charged shots you can barely fire for 5 seconds.
It basically goes against the nature of a chaingun as you can't spam bullets for any real amount of time. So why is it one_

Quick-fix suggestion_ Drastically reduce the spin-up time or outright remove it. It'll still be bad, but it won't be as awkward to use.

Bigger suggestion_
Turn it into a 3-shot burst rifle that builds almost enough heat in one burst to fire a charged shot.
Using the PPA is a bit counterintuitive, I agree. But it's far beyond useless. It has a unique rhythm to it, and once you learn that rhythm, you just pump out damage, non-stop. Also, if they got rid of the spin-up, the gun would totally be OP. That's the only thing that keeps PPA on a leash. I highly suggest you put some more time into learning how to correctly use the gun. After all, we can't always have all the weapons in the game work exactly how we want them too. After all, most of the fun is from having to learn and adapt to new challenges.

#32 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 07:18 AM

You guys want my Pyroball be OP. OH HELL FUZZY BUNNY NO!

I have tried and played Incinerator a lot now and I can say BBY is pretty much my favorite weapon of choice. SAARE projectiles doesn't really need any major buffs like projectiles speed etc. Incinerator on my eyes is on balance. SAARE is capable to take down targets from massive distances when you just know where and when to sling the ball. MegamanX is one of those players who uses was PPA. On my part BBY doesn't need anything like SAARE it is all about how you shoot the SAARE projectiles.

As myself when I have got used to projectile's flight path and speed I have had sniped people from distance of Scout's boost distance. Just learn to play Incinerator is really tricky but when mastered you just melt everything "I got a heat and gun!"

#33 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 09:24 AM

SoldierHobbes11, on April 30 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

Using the PPA is a bit counterintuitive, I agree. But it's far beyond useless. It has a unique rhythm to it, and once you learn that rhythm, you just pump out damage, non-stop. Also, if they got rid of the spin-up, the gun would totally be OP. That's the only thing that keeps PPA on a leash. I highly suggest you put some more time into learning how to correctly use the gun. After all, we can't always have all the weapons in the game work exactly how we want them too. After all, most of the fun is from having to learn and adapt to new challenges.
That post was from like 3 months ago. I learned how to use the PPA correctly like a week or two after I made that post.
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#34 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 09:33 PM

Duralumi, on May 02 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

SoldierHobbes11, on April 30 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

That post was from like 3 months ago. I learned how to use the PPA correctly like a week or two after I made that post.
Oh, well hey. Problem solved. XD

#35 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 10:18 AM

I myself find PPA slightly too good now when I have had to engage some of the Incinerators on face to face combat as Raider it deals way to much damage on my opinion but I did still came out victorious.

#36 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted May 03 2014 - 02:27 PM

Battlesbreak, on May 03 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

I myself find PPA slightly too good now when I have had to engage some of the Incinerators on face to face combat as Raider it deals way to much damage on my opinion but I did still came out victorious.

Unless you're face-hugging with a Vulcan, head on combat with a PPA Incinerator is very unhealthy.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#37 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:44 AM

Stingz, on May 03 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Battlesbreak, on May 03 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Unless you're face-hugging with a Vulcan, head on combat with a PPA Incinerator is very unhealthy.

I would like to kiss an Incinerator as G2 if I would have one :D "Did you really think you could defeat me_ POW! You are so dead not big soup rice!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users