HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Advanced triple-Seeker

Game

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Advanced triple-Seeker (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Like this idea_

1. Yes (14 votes [42.42%])

Percentage of vote: 42.42%

2. No (17 votes [51.52%])

Percentage of vote: 51.52%

3. I have an suggestion (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostShidonai, on March 27 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

View PostLarryLaffer, on March 27 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

And I would like to see some kind of rocket weapon with more complicate mechanic instead of Seeker on Rocketeer.

but heat cannon...
Ah yes, HEAT cannon.. Indeed it's quite similar to my idea, but with current splash radius and falloff for uncharged shot you have to shoot right in the body in CQC, which is near to impossible to do on Rocketeer due to lack of mobility. On the other hand buffing the splash radius for uncharged shot can easily make HEAT OP on A-class. But you have a point herePosted Image

View PostAnichkov3, on March 27 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

1) When you shoot a weapon consistently behave like old Seeker

I say it again: current Seeker's guidance system is rotten IMO. I want to it to be completely changed. It doesn't matter will Seeker have charge mechanic or not.

Edited by LarryLaffer, March 27 2014 - 08:21 AM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#22 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:23 AM

The seeker is already boring and unsatisfying enough to use, but 3 of 'em slapped together_ No thanks. No homing feature would make it even more boring to use and fight against. I'd rather see some of the other weapons from Kim's website make it into the game.

Edited by Beefsweat, March 27 2014 - 08:23 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationRussia, Lipetsk

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:28 AM

ppl just see SEEKER!!! and their eyes start bloodshot, and they chanting: "nerf seeker!...nerf seeker!..."
XD
Exactly! I forgot that there's a lot of crustaceans ^_^

If rocketeer have in hands Seeker+EOC...why does he need a regular EOC
No. I just stick to what was created Roketier - shoot missiles. Grenadier shoots grenades and for him it would be more correct to replace Vulcan - on the EOC.

#24 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:34 AM

The seeker is already boring and unsatisfying enough to use, but 3 of 'em slapped together_ No thanks. No homing feature would make it even more boring to use and fight against. I'd rather see some of the other weapons from Kim's website make it into the game.
I understand that you want a completely new weapon - but it will only come with new furs. And you completely forget about the balance of the existing furs considering potential improvements to existing weapons.

#25 Shidonai

Shidonai

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostAnichkov3, on March 27 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

I understand that you want a completely new weapon - but it will only come with new furs. And you completely forget about the balance of the existing furs considering potential improvements to existing weapons.

I can clearly see that purpose of this thread is to discuss how to give seeker some cqc effectiveness, so maybe instead of suggested charged spiral give it charged aerial mirv like corsair-kla has but with less damage_

#26 Shidonai

Shidonai

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:58 AM

Another thought - seeker + hellfire combo intended for middle to long range supression and area control and as such seeker need to have cqc weakness

#27 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'll just put this here...

https://community.pl...841-tri-seeker/

Posted Image

#28 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:52 PM

I want to draw your attention to the fact that:
Raider with a T32 currently has 303 alpha damage (with a maximum of 324 EOC). I also want to remind that noobs DPS Hellfire is 34.15, you only think about this figure! Below this DPS only EOC, even torch technician then has 35 DPS.

Still want to pay attention to that:
The game has only three mechs that do not have instant-hit weapons (hitskan): Raider, Scout and Rocketeer. When this Raider and Scout have close combat weapons which can be equated to the weapon with instant hit (hitskan) because of too the small effective distance weapons (Flak Cannon, Mini Flak Cannon, RеFLAK-35). Remains one Rocketeer with his crippled arms from which fuzzy bunny sapiens may dodge any with straight hands.

And I have a question: why do not you navidet autoguider seeker and Hellfire_ After all, if in place would stand Rocketeer example sniper shots it would reach you instantly (hitskan) and against roketira you have a real opportunity to dodge.

Brain most players is so small that you will not be able to understand that the missile (from which also can dodge or hide) flying with autoguider to you better than attained instantaneously shot of a sniper weapon with instantaneous hit (hitskan)_ :blink:

#29 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted March 29 2014 - 03:22 AM

Hmmm... This weapon sounds familiar... I cannot think of where from though... Hmmmmm...
Spoiler

Giving the Seeker a higher damage mode with no seeking could work, especially on something like a G2 Rocketeer. I also suggested a triple rocket launcher a while ago. Though it would need dynamic accuracy to work right.

View PostTeljaxx, on October 03 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Triple Rocket Launcher Primary Weapon:

Each pull of the trigger fires one rocket. Three rockets can be fired in quick succession. After the third shot, there is a short delay while all three rockets are reloaded.

The rockets are fast moving, deal low damage, and have a very small splash radius. Each shot is perfectly accurate, but has high recoil, reducing the accuracy of the next shot if it is fired too quickly afterwards.

Damage: 30 per rocket.
Speed: slightly faster than charged HEAT.
Firing rate: 0.2 seconds between shots, 1.2 seconds for reload.
Recoil: each shot reduces accuracy by half total spread with fast recovery.

Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#30 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 08:49 PM

By the way here that still wonder what developers think if the game is such situation: why is any C-class can be proved stronger than Rocketeer_ After Brawler and Grenadier armed Vulcan can just stupid to surpass the damage Rocketeer without using secondary weapons_ DPS Vulcan 121, and the DPS Rocketeer from 86 to 110 depending on the weapons. The situation is similar with Vanguard, he is armed with Vulcan (DPS 121) and mini-flac (DPS 126)... :blink:

#31 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostAnichkov3, on March 27 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

View PostStingz, on March 27 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

And the fact that the B-Class is faster than the A-Class: Raider / Technik
And ... :huh:

Technik is suppose to support and I dont remember supports are suppose to be fast, raider is a b class btw and would you want a fast raider with its skill to shoot and boost at the same time_

EDIT: BTW everyone here seems to disapprove of your idea

Edited by KylarxS, March 31 2014 - 11:42 PM.

#32 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 12:27 AM

Really_ And somebody tell me what Roketeer positioning in the match_ It is generally mech support, and almost with the lowest damage game.

#33 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:37 AM

View PostAnichkov3, on April 01 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

Really_ And somebody tell me what Roketeer positioning in the match_ It is generally mech support, and almost with the lowest damage game.

Lowest damage_ Try playing predator lol

#34 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostKylarxS, on April 01 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

You crustacean noob or what_ Do you even know what damage does Predator_
EOC Predator+EOC Repeater=110 DPS; EOC Predator+T32 bolt=158,5 DPS; EOC Predator+Breacher flak=130,5 DPS
LOL

#35 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostAnichkov3, on April 01 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

View PostKylarxS, on April 01 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

You crustacean noob or what_ Do you even know what damage does Predator_
EOC Predator+EOC Repeater=110 DPS; EOC Predator+T32 bolt=158,5 DPS; EOC Predator+Breacher flak=130,5 DPS
LOL

Oh and you expect breacher flak to all hit_ EOC predator and repeater with its slow moving speed to hit_ Yay to you

#36 X_Mangoose_X

X_Mangoose_X

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMirando desde la ventana detras tuyo

Posted April 01 2014 - 06:51 AM

I find that this is a very bad idea, the Seeker and Hellfire are currently very effective and to add another version that clearly would not work, and will be a problem in the game.

"No confundas mi Personalidad con Mi actitud, mi Personalidad es Quien Yo Soy y mi Actitud Depende de Quien Seas Tú."

#37 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted April 01 2014 - 07:44 AM

So, the UT Rocket Launcher_ I'm not sure I'd want this around as a primary weapon, frankly, but it could work as a secondary with the right numbers and homing removed.

It was fun while it lasted.

#38 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:34 AM

So, the UT Rocket Launcher_ I'm not sure I'd want this around as a primary weapon, frankly, but it could work as a secondary with the right numbers and homing removed.
I never cease to be amazed "education" of the Americans. I wonder if you even read the book, although it is unlikely, you are not able to read a few lines to the end. Once again, particularly for deprived mind repeat that: 2 modes of fire! TWO! You even know the numbers_
1) shoots as usual Seeker
2) Is charged in three (3) times longer shoots immediately but three missiles that can not pursue the goal! WITHOUT autoguider!

BLATJ EBANNYE VI V ROT, NEUGELI NIHUJA NE PONJATNO!

Oh and you expect breacher flak to all hit_ EOC predator and repeater with its slow moving speed to hit_ Yay to you
Seeker and Hellfire lightning fly on yours_ Yeah, man probably still think that all the missiles and grenades in the game move instantly, surprising ...

Edited by Anichkov3, April 01 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#39 KylarxS

KylarxS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 09:26 AM

Seeker and Hellfire lightning fly on yours_ Yeah, man probably still think that all the missiles and grenades in the game move instantly, surprising ...

Which is why seeker seeks out its target_ And hellfire have huge aoe_ Where you're suppose to aim for the wall or ground and not direct hits_

Edited by KylarxS, April 01 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#40 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 01 2014 - 04:58 PM

what that noob gathered, try to play on rocketeer against really good players, you will realize how much he defective in comparison with other mehs and of seeker from hellfire Now you can dodge almost any position, and markups a long distance to get impossible

i tell you a secret: roketeer kill only noobs easy

Edited by cneltym, April 01 2014 - 11:27 PM.

sorry for bad english

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users