HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

problems of today hawken

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: chief game designer (9 member(s) have cast votes)

what to do with a game designer_

1. fry (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. fry in boiling oil (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. punish with cruelty (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. pat on the head (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. pat on the head hot iron (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

what to do with idiots who listen to him

1. thank for the fact that they made a good game (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. fry for what spoiled the game (6 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. advised to find another game designer (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

what to do with localizers

1. fry in boiling oil (8 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. pat on the head hot iron (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

3. fry in boiling oil (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

4. pat on the head hot iron (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 10 2014 - 08:01 AM

Made in Google translator.

"the decision to alter the visual also can not be abolished, this decision Chief game designer"

Why, why did you have to change everything. Since the start of the open beta test, everything was fine, but then why you thought it bad. Askeshn appeared and took a lot of players out of the game. Then came a bunker, you have probably ended fantasy. As for the interface, again used to be better, "was 3 buttons, choose a gun and fight. And now ..." in the new interface, many lost, especially foreign players. And when you do have normal localization!

little infographic Make your conclusions
Spoiler
and left 300 people who love mechs, the ones that were from the beginning

p.s.:I seriously
p.p.s.:the other posts in this topic contain more constructive criticism than my anger clot

upd:

And now more fully (if you can call).Written through a translator, so that corrects me if you see a mistake.

Firstly.

Interface. Old interface really fit into the universe of the game.  He looked like a landfill collected "on the knee", had only chuchut modify, and I'm talking about the cockpit, and about the interface itself as a whole. Now it looks like ... new, in the sense here and does not smell apocalypse. As if there is no virus that can damage the complex computer systems. Elite skins look like just off the assembly line, no rust and you fight. It's funny: on the dusty bazaar runs pure scout.

Second...

Lack imagination developers, it is no longer with us. Beginning and ending with last eco g2, where did your imagination_  Okay maps, they are difficult to do with the mind.But the mechs, you do have so many ideas (including the guys from the forum) or pride would not allow you to use other people's ideas, even if you offer them.

Third.

Localization. Hire finally normal interpreter.In the text a lot of mistakes and inaccuracies, and a large piece of text for a long time remains untranslated. It is only in Russian localization, I'm afraid to imagine that in others.

And finally, I will say that I (like many of the few that I know here)), not like air dodge, I do not understand why it was introduced, and even flights OP.The only thing I can say about it is wildest Imba (the rest obscene language). Or dropped, or add all mechs by default.

Ps: I did not say a lot of things, for one brick short of a full load.

Pps: poll is not remove, it is a manifestation of my hatred for today hawken.

Edited by cneltym, April 14 2014 - 06:25 AM.

sorry for bad english

#2 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 10 2014 - 08:06 AM

oh look, more broad complaining founded by one screenshot and an 'anonymous quote' :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 10 2014 - 08:17 AM

Nice thread bro.

Posted Image

#4 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 10 2014 - 08:27 AM

View Postcneltym, on April 10 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

P.S:I seriously

google translator change the number_

Posted Image

#5 VocalMagic

VocalMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 10:19 AM

View Postcraftydus, on April 10 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

Posted Image
That's not even the same month
Probably. It's hard when things are google translated.
But I know it's not the same month as in the screen cap.

Edited by VocalMagic, April 10 2014 - 10:20 AM.

I'll try shouting it again today: "Saturnine! Saturnine! Stop the spam, Saturnine!"

_, ,_ ∩ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
( ゚∀゚)彡 S9!S9!▒▒▒
 ⊂彡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

#6 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 10 2014 - 01:25 PM

initially attracted game style and simplicity, and now style altered, added to grind + constant changes in the balance completely shatter the psyche of players
I want to notice, this quote taken out of context from separate conversation. and has a different "connotation".
My quote possible for the fact that you want to say, but... I did not say that! You translate my quote from russian language without me, and I am absolutely not sure that you could say my thoughts correctly.

I'm sorry, but this topic is little not constructive.

we all know that the problem exists, but it would be nice added some constructive in this topic, instead "pure agression"

Edited by nepacaka, April 10 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#7 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 10 2014 - 04:42 PM

View Postnepacaka, on April 10 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

I want to notice, this quote taken out of context from separate conversation. and has a different "connotation".
My quote possible for the fact that you want to say, but... I did not say that! You translate my quote from russian language without me, and I am absolutely not sure that you could say my thoughts correctly.

I'm sorry, but this topic is little not constructive.

we all know that the problem exists, but it would be nice added some constructive in this topic, instead "pure agression"
I am very bad can express their thoughts in English, sorry nepа, I thought out better. evening I will try to write what some constructive

Edited by cneltym, April 10 2014 - 04:42 PM.

sorry for bad english

#8 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 10 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostVocalMagic, on April 10 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

OP has said ( which is what I quoted ) that today the game has 300 people left who play.
The count from today ( which I provided a pic of ) shows over 2000 playing.
Today.

Today is the same day as today (lolwut).
Why you are referencing his screencap in regards to what I posted, when I did not, is beyond me.

I have a headache even trying to justify having posted in this malformed convulsion in the first place.

But now I don't even...

#9 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 10 2014 - 11:45 PM

View Postcraftydus, on April 10 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

View PostVocalMagic, on April 10 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

OP has said ( which is what I quoted ) that today the game has 300 people left who play.
The count from today ( which I provided a pic of ) shows over 2000 playing.
Today.

Today is the same day as today (lolwut).
Why you are referencing his screencap in regards to what I posted, when I did not, is beyond me.

I have a headache even trying to justify having posted in this malformed convulsion in the first place.

But now I don't even...
these 300 people (mostly pros) who play almost alpha. + All the others that came with the opening of access, I mean that of 8,000 people over the last month left 2.000
and soon will be only 300 of these people (as before)
sorry for bad english

#10 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 10 2014 - 11:49 PM

>mostly pros

Siege suggests otherwise.

And I don't know what fairytale world you live in, but online multiplayer games don't tend to keep their playerbase unless you are CoD or BF, especially when you are still in beta. People pop on, people try it out, people leave, this is ESPECIALLY true if you are F2P where people don't suffer from buyer's remorse/post-purchase rationalization/whatever you call it when someone force themselves to play something they paid for just to justify the purchase.

Edited by reVelske, April 10 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#11 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 11 2014 - 12:31 AM

the world is so unfair T_T
нашкеn should cling and not let go (like me), and cod and bf ......... I hate them with all my heart, as people can just do it in play and even money to pay

View PostreVelske, on April 10 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

>mostly pros

Siege suggests otherwise.
Well, well, show me the old player who can not play siege or pretends to be or really crooked hands
sorry for bad english

#12 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 11 2014 - 12:35 AM

Huh_

I meant that if you play Siege at all, you'd have noticed that there are usually only about 3-4 players in a full room who know what they are doing whilst the rest are completely clueless. ie. It's highly unlikely that "most of them" are "pros".

Hawken serves a niche market, you won't find too many people playing and staying compared to the likes of your mainstream military FPS, but there will be enough to keep the game going for quite awhile I'm sure.

#13 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 11 2014 - 12:53 AM

what do you want, only 300 people of all know how to play the siege :lol:

actually it is, before moving to steam game like that rested on these people, but this is still not enough for a normal game, you do yourself of these people need to understand

P.S.:seems my English is very very bad

Edited by cneltym, April 11 2014 - 12:55 AM.

sorry for bad english

#14 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted April 11 2014 - 01:52 AM

Good English or bad English, the point holds. Hawken's playerbase has been in a steady decline since the Steam release, and the April update didn't help at all. That is something to worry about.

#15 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted April 11 2014 - 03:04 AM

http://steamgraph.ne...000&to=End Time

Edited by shosca, April 11 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#16 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 04:46 AM

Good English or bad English, the point holds. Hawken's playerbase has been in a steady decline since the Steam release, and the April update didn't help at all. That is something to worry about.
the main question - How_

on current moment, Hawken turned into Unreal3 clone with mech (there is even a bit of irony)
it is no longer mech-shooter like in CB, almost all of what we liked in original Hawken was lost.
However! Hawken acquired certain dynamics and gameplay. It has both positive and negative moments. i still like gameplay style, but i'm hate all other in game. For me graphics is not important, but not all players do the same as me.

Besides the constant change the balance in full, negatively affects the players.
*IMHO, it is not supported by any facts! :Ъ

Edited by nepacaka, April 11 2014 - 04:46 AM.

#17 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 05:01 AM

Obviously, the problem of Hawken is that mecha-games are less popular than the fantasy-game. In addition, it is also a FPS.

then you need to decide for whom devs create this game_
1) Hawken fans. fans of the genre, who will play it for very long, because they have little or no alternative. (not too much online games about furs)
2) Ordinary People. Hawken gameplay is complicated for those people, and most of them do not play more than 1-2 months.

How solve this problem_
1) Return old style and added moar realistic thing. ie - return all old things that various people called broken feeble mind, because they do not understand how it works. After this, fans of mech sim start play in hawken.
2) How to make the game became popular_
Add 3rd person mode. it finally killed the game for us, but it will be good for ordinary people.

There is no any other scenario, because if the game turn into mech-simulator - it is not like the second category. and if it is a clone of UT3 - game did not like the first category.

Just developers need to determine what they're working, cuz u can't interbreed hedgehog and apple.

i think, this is good result for hawken, but I would personally like 10,000 constant online! =D

Edited by nepacaka, April 11 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#18 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted April 11 2014 - 05:26 AM

I keep coming back to this video, the video that introduced the game to me. The current hawken feels like plastic, sterile and squeaky clean, none of the grit that was in the video. And especially after the hud color customization i noticed that i really don't like the color outlines and tints of enemies and friendlies, it's just awful, just give me a rectangle box. Dammit this is supposed to be a quarantined world that is being ravaged by a virus, resources are scarce and the mechs are supposedly put together by whatever scraps available. And none of it comes through the cockpit, heck it doesn't even feel like you're piloting a mech sometimes.

/rant

Edited by shosca, April 11 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#19 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 11 2014 - 06:57 AM

View Postshosca, on April 11 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Yes, hawken my dreams, it's even better than what I found for the first time running the game.

I keep coming back to this video, the video that introduced the game to me. The current hawken feels like plastic, sterile and squeaky clean, none of the grit that was in the video. And especially after the hud color customization i noticed that i really don't like the color outlines and tints of enemies and friendlies, it's just awful, just give me a rectangle box. Dammit this is supposed to be a quarantined world that is being ravaged by a virus, resources are scarce and the mechs are supposedly put together by whatever scraps available. And none of it comes through the cockpit, heck it doesn't even feel like you're piloting a mech sometimes.

/rant
Thanks dude, that's what I wanted to say my bad English (honestly, I would in their native language could not create) you added in this topic constructive, I'm really grateful.
sorry for bad english

#20 cneltym

cneltym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia,Siberia

Posted April 14 2014 - 06:53 PM

little upd  ↑

Edited by cneltym, April 14 2014 - 06:54 PM.

sorry for bad english

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users