HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Community Spam Warriors!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#21 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted April 14 2014 - 08:40 PM

We're not always going to be instant, but we'll get it as soon as we notice.

Edit: And the times we are instant, you won't even notice! ;)

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#22 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:26 PM

When its not instant the team is not large enough :)

Give 'em heck!
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#23 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:06 PM

How it feels to deal with the spam:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:20 PM

Your efforts are in vain, Baba Ji will not be denied.

#25 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostreVelske, on April 14 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Your efforts are in vain, Baba Ji will not be denied.

The mighty ban hammer of Keji says otherwise. These forums are now under my protection.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:33 PM

YOU CAN'T STOP BABA JI

AKA me

Posted Image

#27 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:37 PM

Tis but a temporary setback for our lord Baba Ji, soon you shall feel the full brunt of his might, of which its true form you cannot even begin to grasp.

Seize delaying the inevitable, embrace the love solutions of our lord Baba Ji.

#28 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:39 PM

Let babaji do his worst.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:29 AM

Look alive warriors, the next wave is incoming!!!!

Great initiative, hope you guys don't have to spend too much timing zapping spam posts :)

#30 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:36 AM

View Posthendman, on April 15 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Great initiative, hope you guys don't have to spend too much timing zapping spam posts :)

Don't know what happened, but this seems to work really well. One moment my forum is filling up with spam posts, I look again and they are all gone ;)

#32 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:40 AM

View Posthendman, on April 15 2014 - 12:36 AM, said:

View Posthendman, on April 15 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Don't know what happened, but this seems to work really well. One moment my forum is filling up with spam posts, I look again and they are all gone ;)

I'll show you what happened:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:30 AM

This topic represents adhesive in a nutshell for me,  you could have done this months ago, but priorities, gj i guess.
p.s. no mods from Europe_

Edited by Ker4u, April 15 2014 - 01:32 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#34 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostKer4u, on April 15 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

This topic represents adhesive in a nutshell for me,  you could have done this months ago, but priorities, gj i guess.
p.s. why not add few mods from Europe_

Not everything is as simple as some of you make it out to be and there have been past issues (from my understanding) with community members having moderation powers. The team tried to solve the spam problem using a few other methods which didn't work and thus several members like myself who have a track record of doing the right thing have been granted some limited powers.

Just rest easy knowing the forums are now under the watchful eye of the Tender Vigilante.

Posted Image

PS: For those of you who have taken up messaging me whenever the spam starts up please stop. If I'm on the forums I'll take care of it but I don't like having my inbox blown up anytime this starts. This is a volunteer gig and so I'm never really on the clock. Thanks!

Posted Image

#35 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:52 AM

View PostKejiGoto, on April 15 2014 - 01:34 AM, said:

Not everything is as simple as some of you make it out to be and there have been past issues (from my understanding) with community members having moderation powers. The team tried to solve the spam problem using a few other methods which didn't work and thus several members like myself who have a track record of doing the right thing have been granted some limited powers.

Yes, i also assume they tried few things and failed.
But  as it looks from my point of view this is exact same situation as with Ascension patch, same aproach.  Working 4 months without releasing any patch, instead of making quick small fixes that would surely help, and then move on.

It's like if you are dying from thirst in desert  running 2 days without a sip  in search for oasis.
With 2L of water in your backpack.

Edited by Ker4u, April 15 2014 - 01:53 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#36 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:04 AM

Man, what a post xD

#37 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:32 AM

View PostKer4u, on April 15 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

But  as it looks from my point of view this is exact same situation as with Ascension patch, same aproach.  Working 4 months without releasing any patch, instead of making quick small fixes that would surely help, and then move on.

It's like if you are dying from thirst in desert  running 2 days without a sip  in search for oasis.

Again you're thinking things are far simpler than what they are, or were rather. With Ascension back then releasing patches, even small ones, were costly to the team because they were hosting everything themselves. With everything being hosted on Steam now it is far cheaper to release patches and you'll notice since the move to Steam the development team has been very quick to respond to issues within the game.

Things work the way they do for a reason and that reason is never because the development team doesn't care or isn't listening.

Posted Image

#38 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostKer4u, on April 15 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

Putting your trust into members of the community to operate on your game for free takes a LOT of guts. Specially on the community management side, which is highly visible.

That being said, with the change over to steam it gave the company the opportunity to test certain people out on forum moderation in another format. They tossed a few of us into the fire and said GO! From that they got to see how we monitored the pages and discussed things between ourselves on actions that needed to be taken.

That was a baby step towards this. So they had this in mind a while ago, but they wanted to see how a few people would handle it. Also they could not be sure we would want it after having it. They had to give us time to see if we were really ok with losing some of our free time to helping the game. Saying you would do it and actually doing it are two different things.

All things considered, it's a bit scary having the power on the main forums. But I am confident that none of us will abuse the power we were given in the least bit. We all want the community to flourish and enjoy itself. We simply are tasked with taking care of spammers and spammers alone.

#39 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:16 AM

no mods from Europe_

*cough* *cough* Yup, there's a mod from europe who's ready to fight "the army of darkness" that threatens the peaceful lands of playhwaken.com.

Posted Image

#40 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted April 15 2014 - 06:15 AM

By the way, I'm somewhat surprised Ashfire is not on the list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users