HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Why do you leave between matches_

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Why do you leave between matches_ (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Why do you leave between matches_

1. I am frustrated with the outcome of the match and don't trust the auto-balance feature to ensure that the next round is fair. (24 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

2. I don't like the next map in the rotation. (21 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

3. I am bored with the game type and want to try something different. (18 votes [7.26%])

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

4. The time between matches is too long. (30 votes [12.10%])

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

5. I am usually just trying to get the daily win bonuses; it's nothing personal. (30 votes [12.10%])

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

6. I don't like the carousel. I feel that all players should be represented in the lineup. Or, in the case of team based modes, I feel that both teams should be shown and players should be ranked within their teams. (3 votes [1.21%])

Percentage of vote: 1.21%

7. I only leave when nearly everyone else has already left. I'd rather just go join another full server than have to wait for more people to join, or play with only 2 or 3 people per team. (61 votes [24.60%])

Percentage of vote: 24.60%

8. I leave the server to reform my party after one of our party members was switched by the auto team balancer. (17 votes [6.85%])

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

9. It's usually because I can't play anymore/I have to go do something else IRL. (44 votes [17.74%])

Percentage of vote: 17.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 22 2014 - 07:13 AM

If I get pissed of it is fully possible I will leave any time under the match to calm myself down and to not destroy it for the other players.

I also end up leaving a lot thanks to my sh*tty laptop.
I`ll fix it later.

#22 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 22 2014 - 08:45 AM

I leave between matches to do a quick set. Muh Gainz!

Posted Image

#23 phoenix07

phoenix07

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 09:41 AM

Participate HAWKEN of every player, motivation is not the same. Some people are for fun, to pass the time, but for some people, HAWKEN is a battlefield, so had to leave or stay in two different views.
People there are lot of pressure in real life,  game does not need much additional constraints. Now, HAWKEN finally got rid the Ascension of low period, on-line players to gradually upgrade, perhaps maintain consistent freedom and flexibility, may be better.

#24 Stokes17

Stokes17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 10:40 AM

Can we shorten the time between games_  It is like 60 seconds post match and then another 60 (or is it 30) seconds prematch (plus the time to load and ready up lobby).  I think that is probably the biggest deterent to staying in the room, your just sitting on your hands for 2 minutes and have limited access to the other game menus- like the garage.  I think the 2nd biggest deterent is people just don't like losing/ not feeling like one of the best players in the room.  Idn how you solve that one though, there is always  a bigger fish.

Would be nice if people stayed more though, the best pub games I play are when 8-10 good players all stay in for a few games so auto balance can get a chance to function.

#25 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 25 2014 - 02:35 PM

Too long between matches.

Way too long.

#26 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 25 2014 - 02:56 PM

sometimes I leave because...I gotta make a poopface

Posted Image

#27 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 25 2014 - 03:10 PM

oh lord!

#28 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 25 2014 - 11:42 PM

- I leave when i need play in each match type for my first win 250hc bonus.
- I leave when all others pilots leave.
- I leave when i need doing something in real life

#29 Veritasnous

Veritasnous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted April 26 2014 - 12:49 AM

I leave because if I don't the game will usually dump me to the main menu on map transition and then prevent me from rejoining for 4-5 minutes.

#30 grandreaper

grandreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNew-Brunswick

Posted April 26 2014 - 06:47 AM

I usually only leave if 3/4 of the other players leave before the match starts.
It's hella annoying starting a siege match when its 1 vs 2

#31 zerorisk

zerorisk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 26 2014 - 08:48 AM

View Postgrandreaper, on April 26 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

I usually only leave if 3/4 of the other players leave before the match starts.
It's hella annoying starting a siege match when its 1 vs 2

Same here, if it's Siege or Missile Assault and the game is 1v1, 2v2 and nowhere near to being over I'll leave because I value my time more than an abandonment stat. This generally only happens if I'm lazy and opt for quick join but I never get this anymore ever since I started joining games through the server browser.

As far as lobbies go I'll leave when I need to get another mode's HC daily bonus or when others leave too and the player count dips below a 4v4.

Edited by zerorisk, April 26 2014 - 08:50 AM.

#32 CaJ666

CaJ666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostFakeName, on April 22 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

Many reasons are not included why I leave:

- matchmaker gives me players below 1800 MMR to balance me.
- Joining when the team is losing and only 1 minute or less is left
- beeing matched with beginners in the beginning of the game
- Force switched at the end of the match
- Noobs

1 if you join at the end of a match just ride it out play the game
2 if you find Noobs give them advice and teach them, don't bash them for being new to the game
3 the team switching I think is being worked on

If everyone is supportive when they play, the noobs improve, and the community grows!

#33 ShockBlast

ShockBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted June 10 2014 - 11:57 AM

My reasons for leaving in between matches....

1. Often, half or more  of the server will leave, so when there's just 6 or so people leave, I leave as well.
2. My Internet is lagging like hell (fuzzy bunny AT&T fuzzy bunny).
3. I got my Daily Win bonus from the match.
4. I gotta get something to eat.
5. I need to sleep for the night.
6. Pit stop.
7. I keep getting matches that either aren't fun or are just pure curb stomps.
8. Sometimes I just leave just I really don't like the next map. Prosk and Front line, uggghh.

#34 Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 01:39 PM

Well, most of the time I log in and try to join where my friends frequent. Then, if all of them are full I do other matches I'm not familiar with but when a space opens up less than 5 mins in game then I will leave. That's one of the only reasons I've left a match before because it's really hard to get into asia servers.

#35 Pumapaw

Pumapaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 21 2014 - 09:52 AM

We need to have a toggle to not join ongoing matches. Being a target or joining a game at 39 to 10 is not fun. My favorite is landing into a server at end screen then being tied up for a minute watching garbage bows from a game you did not even fire a shot in.

Servers need to restrict by MMR who is allowed on so less skilled have time to get there feet wet. By restrict I mean not let semi pro players join a low end server. A spread of 100 mmr is the max that should be allowed.

Players joining servers midgame need to be evenly added so one team does not obtain an numerical advantage at any time.

Did I mention the time between games is excessive...

It also might be a nice change to offer servers that cycle through team DM, Siege and silo....

Also invoulantary switching a player from a winning team to a loser team when one is trying to get HC is total garbage. If you give say 750 HC for that then it's livable.

Also nerf the scouts speed a bit. Scouts in any army were never front line assault troops.

My last suggestion

How about a mapbuilding pack so the player base can produce maps for game play. Then we could have a place to up them to you for screening for cheats and release to the game. Nothing like free labor for the game.

Edited by Pumapaw, June 21 2014 - 10:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users