HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

NEW Special Ability for Rocketeer

Game

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: NEW Special Ability for Rocketeer (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the idea of ​​new abilities for Rocketeer_

1. yes, very much like the idea (41 votes [87.23%])

Percentage of vote: 87.23%

2. in that it has (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No, I like the old ability is (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

4. I have an suggestion (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Chocksa

Chocksa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationDongen, The Netherlands

Posted July 30 2014 - 01:34 AM

Sorry for this bit of necro-ing but i have a suggestion that could ad to this thread.

Recently i saw a documentary on ww2's eastern front and in there was a fragment of the Katyusha rocket system. This fragment reminded me of this post and i thought how cool it would be if this ability had the sound the Katyusha made. The sound alone scared the living daylights out of the German soldiers.

Edited by Chocksa, July 30 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#42 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 02 2014 - 10:53 PM

As they say in Russia: DA!!!! Rocketeer definitely needs something to replace it's turret. The only one that's somewhat useful is the vanguard's.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#43 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 03 2014 - 11:43 PM

View Postkasei, on May 16 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

View PostRunaPanda, on May 15 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'd have to say #3, #1 looks to much like the old Blood Kite from Mechwarrior, and #2 screams Dire Wolf which is pretty much the poster child for the whole Mechwarrior franchise.

How about we just keep the C-Class arms and make the rocket's shoot out from them like...

Posted Image

P.S. I really want a new special. Turret mode just sucks.
Make that the turret mode  while turreted, missiles randomly fire around forwards and suppressing the enemy like this thing was meant to do.  Maybe have it not affect heat but reduce damage reduction from the front

Or better yet, just randomly shoot missiles and have them autotarget everyone without turreting

#44 BariumBlue

BariumBlue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostInfyrno, on August 03 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

View Postkasei, on May 16 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

View PostRunaPanda, on May 15 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'd have to say #3, #1 looks to much like the old Blood Kite from Mechwarrior, and #2 screams Dire Wolf which is pretty much the poster child for the whole Mechwarrior franchise.

How about we just keep the C-Class arms and make the rocket's shoot out from them like...

Posted Image

P.S. I really want a new special. Turret mode just sucks.
Make that the turret mode  while turreted, missiles randomly fire around forwards and suppressing the enemy like this thing was meant to do.  Maybe have it not affect heat but reduce damage reduction from the front

Or better yet, just randomly shoot missiles and have them autotarget everyone without turreting

I was thinking something along the same lines; for a brief moment, you could turn a piece of land into a hellscape of exploding rockets, dust, and pieces of mech.

There'd be some loud noise as the missiles get ready (or just after they launch), then the hellfire goes into full-on gatling mode with extreme inaccuracy (and reduce the mech's turning speed), effectively clearing out a small area allowing your team to come in and engage from a favorable position. The mech would then overheat, unless the ability was canceled early.

Every 50 seconds or so_

Edited by BariumBlue, August 05 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users