HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Remove Heat Manipulation From Incinerator

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 23 2014 - 10:45 PM

just because it's OP
i don't say what inci is OP.
with baby it's a weakest c-class in game. with mama more or less. it's working good only with papa, with normal dps. because shots big fireballs on c/d.

that is radically different in one of core aspects
Core aspect called - Core, because it is a Core.
in next update you gain personal mech, without boost and dodge. ok_ it's will be a mech without core aspect. it's fun.

huh...mech without core aspect...it's like added one airplane in game with 15 tanks :D

precisely such development solutions make this game into idiotic.

devs could make support mech with the ability which works on your teammates overheating. but they preferred to make 150 damage + lack of core aspect. is a good decision.

Edited by nepacaka, May 23 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#62 Van_Tuz

Van_Tuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationRussian federation

Posted May 23 2014 - 11:24 PM

View Postnepacaka, on May 23 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

that is radically different in one of core aspects
Core aspect called - Core, because it is a Core.
in next update you gain personal mech, without boost and dodge. ok_ it's will be a mech without core aspect. it's fun.

huh...mech without core aspect...it's like added one airplane in game with 15 tanks :D

precisely such development solutions make this game into idiotic.

devs could make support mech with the ability which works on your teammates overheating. but they preferred to make 150 damage + lack of core aspect. is a good decision.
I have one, thanks. It's vanguard with turret mode. And I like it despite moderate performance.

Without changing core aspects all mechs work the same way.
Example: assault/berserk - 1 auto weapon, 1 TOW. Minimal differences like health/speed doesn't making mechs truly unique. Abilities making them somewhat different but it doesn't really matter when you press F.

On the other hand mechs that can change core aspects are really standing out of the crowd. Raider with ability to shoot while boosting or turret mode that trades mobility for armor. These mechs are giving really different experience.

Incenerator is the same. He have a unique mechanics. I'd rather see it tweaked and balanced than removing heat mechanics and making just another assault out of it.
I live only to serve

#63 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 24 2014 - 12:32 AM

Example: assault/berserk - 1 auto weapon, 1 TOW. Minimal differences like health/speed doesn't making mechs truly unique.
bers can fly! :D

Incenerator is the same. He have a unique mechanics.
uniqueness != good. also, you are not surprised that the inci has 3 same minigun_ :Ъ
or maybe you like unique G2-assault_ it don't have a secondary, so it makes g2-ass uniques too...but it's not working. you can kill someone in high rate fight only if you use aim-bot programm :D

uniquess...oh. don't make me laugh.
brawler have a 3 different weapon and 3 different tactics of play: cqc/tank, sniper/off-tank (mid-range support), supressor/pusher
grenadier have a 3 different weapons and tactics too: cqc/mass-damager, duelist, main tank/pusher
which tactics have inci_ - main tank/shooter. go in group and shoot.
i have two inci in my hangar with different weapon (ppa and mma) and gear, and both of them use same tactics in fight.
so, how you can see, "ordinary" mechs have more diversity in the gameplay, than "unique" incinerator.

inсinerator has the same uniqueness as G2 assault. they are unique_ Yes!
there any benefit from their uniqueness_ No.
it's just mech from which noobs have orgasms and shout "wow!". it was created for this purpose.

in pursuit of uniqueness, we already have some stupid maps. thx, i don't want more uniqueness. i just want my "ordinary" hawken.
sometimes simple things work much more better than unique mechanism.

#64 T_Bird

T_Bird

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted July 03 2014 - 07:24 AM

The biggest problem with the Incinerators heat manipulation is tech + inc combo.
Instead of removing heat absorbtion, perhaps just make the tech imune to heat absorbtion_

And also "nerf" it a bit, perhaps tune down the SAARE RoF.

#65 Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 04 2014 - 03:11 AM

I thin only the M4MA should have the heat increase, the SAARE is good enough already, and nerfing it slightly would make incinerators less annoying.

#66 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 10:42 AM

i find my weakspot lately with incin is when i spool up and start firing i dont want to stop and my hp drops without my knowing since im focusing on heat balance and my enemies i push till i go to far usualy, so if i was an enemy i would just pop some shots here and there on an incin and dont let up, dont stand in 1 spot  and if the incin isnt fully locked on you, you'll get him
i don't mean any of it

#67 Dr_Vodka

Dr_Vodka

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 11:58 AM

I've played with the incinerator quite a bit and honestly have no idea why people would suggest a nerf for it.

Saare does okay if you manage to hit your target... But that's hard to do when you fight lighter classes that dodge/air dodge all over. It also lacks the detonation ability of TOW.

Primaries take long enough to spin-up...specially the prestige weapon.

I don't think I'm a terrible player and have been taken out by all other mechs at one point or another while using incinerator.

Each mech fits a different role in combat. Like any mech, incinerator rocks if you have a good team... And gets owned if you don't.

tl:dr incinerator is balanced, IMO.

#68 007eleven

007eleven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted July 29 2014 - 12:06 PM

YOU CAN'T TAKE MY OP INCINERATOR FROM ME, NOOO!

-007eleven

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users