HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Wheeled Mech

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted June 11 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostSilverfire, on June 10 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

View PostIronClamp, on June 10 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

View PostSilverfire, on June 10 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Okay, apart from realism then (which is a poor argument in a mech game anyway), why should a wheeled mech be created_ What's so special about it (other than wheels)_

Justify your suggestion with details please.

Diversity, diversity, diversity.

View PostSilverfire, on June 10 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostDouble1, on June 10 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Im just saying it would be cool if a mech or 2 had wheels.
What differs a wheeled mech from a walking one (besides the obvious "one walks and the other rolls") in terms of gameplay/mechanics_

Just saying diversity doesn't help. I can shout "diversity" for reintroducing stunlock to certain weapons because it'll surely reintroduce "diversity", but that won't happen because stunlock has a direct impact on game play and game mechanics.  You can, however, shout "diversity!" for cosmetics because they have no impact on game mechanics/play.  Feel free to ask for more stuff that doesn't impact gameplay, like cosmetics, shout diversity for that because it will have no impact on the game as it plays.  But asking for something that will directly affect gameplay and introduce possibly new game mechanics cannot be defended by a "It would be cool" or "diversity" argument.

I'm asking how would wheeled mechs differ from walking mechs in terms of game mechanics_ How would it play differently_ Besides walking vs. rolling, what makes wheeled mechs so special and different_

You closed-minded racist! Multicultured Hawken is the way, no matter if you have hydraulic legs, tracks or hover in the air. We need diversity because it's a good thing, it's a fact! We need diversity more than diversity needs you, you racist!

... :rolleyes:

#22 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 11:40 AM

I suggest we introduce Optimus Prime into the game...

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#23 Double1

Double1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostBazookagofer, on June 11 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

I suggest we introduce Optimus Prime into the game...
um...well...no
I am double but only 1

#24 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted June 11 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostOdinous, on June 11 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Mech=Mechanically Enhanced Cybernetic Humanoid

Is that what mech stands for_ How the flipping, goddamned,.... How did I not see that_
And these are AXEs, not MECHs, so how is that supposed to.... >.< Not the letter-of-the-law argument, not the letter-of-the-law argument....

Also, why are people ruling out an axe on roller blades_ Can you imagine a Raider G-3 or some new A-class that had hybrid wheel-feet_ That would be absolutely hilarious to watch and play as, and I mean really, the Raider would be perfect for such a thing, look at it:
Posted Image

1) It looks bad ass, and
2) It is always seen skirting around corners and boosting at you in a flurry of sparks and lethal projectiles anyways, so what keeps it from having wheels attached to its feet_

Edited by IronClamp, June 11 2014 - 12:58 PM.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#25 ShockBlast

ShockBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostIronClamp, on June 11 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

View PostOdinous, on June 11 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Mech=Mechanically Enhanced Cybernetic Humanoid

Is that what mech stands for_ How the flipping, goddamned,.... How did I not see that_
And these are AXEs, not MECHs, so how is that supposed to.... >.< Not the letter-of-the-law argument, not the letter-of-the-law argument....

Also, why are people ruling out an axe on roller blades_ Can you imagine a Raider G-3 or some new A-class that had hybrid wheel-feet_ That would be absolutely hilarious to watch and play as, and I mean really, the Raider would be perfect for such a thing, look at it:
Posted Image

1) It looks bad ass, and
2) It is always seen skirting around corners and boosting at you in a flurry of sparks and lethal projectiles anyways, so what keeps it from having wheels attached to its feet_

Why do you insist on referring to Hawken's playable war machines as "axes"_ They are all referred to as "mechs" in-game and in the dev Youtube videos.

#26 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:33 PM

Mech is generic, its overused, in short I find it kinda dull to call something the same thing over and over again, and though you are right, the machines are called mechs by the devs, I find that the games lore is a little more satisfying than sticking with the normal argot (slang).

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#27 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted June 11 2014 - 03:42 PM

all of you need to be burn at the stake.
yes.
i'm a wheel-racist.

#28 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostIronClamp, on June 11 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

Mech is generic, its overused, in short I find it kinda dull to call something the same thing over and over again, and though you are right, the machines are called mechs by the devs, I find that the games lore is a little more satisfying than sticking with the normal argot (slang).
Axes cut doun things..... Like your mech :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users