HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Test

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 04 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hello.
I have started playing this game, i think, shortly before the "heat sink" update. I think the most recent update before that either gave us the facility map or the technician mech.

I haven't posted on a forum in over 10 years, so i will probably make a mistake with formatting or something.
You probably can't imagine how nervous i am, writing this post. Social anxiety is terrible.

I was going to ask about font manipulation(colors, size etc.) but the interface seems pretty selfexplanatory in that regard.

But i still have some questions:
Are ISM, SAARE, EOC and such actually abreviations for something like TOW and EMP are, or are they just there to look "cool"_
More importantly, what is the character limit per post_ I am actually working on (and almost done with, even!) a big list of suggestions, related mostly to fixing mechs, weapons, items, modes, matchmaking and some minor other things, that will most likely not fit in a single post, mostly because i try to explain my thoughts behind these suggestions.
Do the devs discuss such suggestions or even acknowledge them in the suggestion topic_ (I'm not meaning to sound rude, here)
I'm asking that because a few of them, regarding rebalancing the tech and incinerator, implementing a new spawning system and dealing with team size differences in siege and missile assault, are extremely important, i think.
I hope to finish and post that list soon. I also hope my suggestions won't ALL be shot down or something.

Maybe i'll use this topic to test some more things.
My big list of suggestions: (Warning: Contains lots of text)
https://community.pl...-fixing-things/

#2 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostBIsmuthZornisse, on July 04 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

I haven't posted on a forum in over 10 years, so i will probably make a mistake with formatting or something.
You probably can't imagine how nervous i am, writing this post. Social anxiety is terrible.

Don't worry about a thing! The trick is not to care too much. Welcome to the forum ;)

Posted Image

#3 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:21 AM

Well howdy! Welcome to the forums, glad to hear we'll have another contributor! :D And really, this is one of, if not the most chilled communities out there, so don't sweat it too much. :) So long as there's nothing in there about melee/energy weapons, you'll be fine. :D

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#4 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:24 AM

Are ISM, SAARE, EOC and such actually abreviations for something like TOW and EMP are, or are they just there to look "cool"_

Everything you're looking for should be here: https://community.pl...s-and-glossary/

More importantly, what is the character limit per post_

I don't think there is one.

Do the devs discuss such suggestions or even acknowledge them in the suggestion topic_ (I'm not meaning to sound rude, here)

Less often than some would like, but more than most deserve.

And also, welcome to the forums!

Edited by Hocisern, July 04 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:28 AM

Hi.

Posted Image

#6 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hi.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:35 AM

Character limits are no worry. We have folks that post an entire chapter for novelettes they're writing, same goes for development and functionality suggestions. There are many different venues here/different forum categoriesfor posting Stuff--let your mouse explore!

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:37 AM

Less often then some would like, but more than most deserve.

:D

i know, i know--bad quote editing

Edited by EM1O, July 04 2014 - 08:39 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#9 BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:42 AM

I have returned with a question that i managed to forget:
What's the setting/backstory for this game_ All I (think I) know is that a company called Crion made the HAWKEN "virus" (they're nanomachines, right_) that turns the landscape into metallic stuff and the two other companies are fighting over what is left, creating mechs, weapons, battle ships etc. from basically junk. Can i find out more on that somewhere_
I'm asking because I have an idea for a "plotline" (more like excuses for the bots and drone bosses i'm designing) for coop-bot destruction, but it will probably clash hard with the setting/mood of the game or something, i'd like to know in advance how much people that care a lot about plot and such are gonna yell at me when i actually post them somewhere down the line (not related to the list i'm talking about in the opening post, that contains almost exclusively suggestions for fixing things).

So long as there's nothing in there about melee/energy weapons, you'll be fine
Isn't the Tech's Helix basically both of that_ Also i was working, amongst other mechs, on one that uses lightning, but it would require somesetup to pull off, not easily thrown around like the incinerator's fireballs. The way i designed it, it's probably comparable to the Predator in terms of difficulty to use well.
My big list of suggestions: (Warning: Contains lots of text)
https://community.pl...-fixing-things/

#10 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted July 04 2014 - 08:57 AM

Welcome to the forums, pilot! :)

View PostBIsmuthZornisse, on July 04 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

What's the setting/backstory for this game_

If you are intrested in Hawken's lore you should look at the "Lore" sections in this guide: http://steamcommunit...s/_id=233230954 It's the most extensive compilation of lore.

View PostBIsmuthZornisse, on July 04 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

So long as there's nothing in there about melee/energy weapons, you'll be fine
Isn't the Tech's Helix basically both of that_

The Tech's Helix Repair Torch requires close proximity but it isn't a melee weapon. The Helix Repair Torch isn't an energy based weapon either. It uses a stream of nanobots to reconstruct armor (heal) of friendly mechs and deconstruct armor (leech) of enemy mechs.

#11 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted July 04 2014 - 11:56 AM

If you have not already, I suggest you read this man's note https://community.pl...pdate-06282014/ , and contemplate the likelyhood of any major cosmetic or "hot new stuff" changes for the immediate future. when/if you feel any development proposal(s) you have might be doable here, you might message him or ZamboniChaos with a contact request regarding your work.
My personnal impression is once the rugs get shaken out, they would prolly be delighted to have advanced help!
BTW: schmooz around the forums for "Vampire Tech" and "HealTech", etc. There are a fair number of folks that are pretty darn frightening on the field with a seemingly 'weak' mech! :)
O

Edited by EM1O, July 04 2014 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image

#12 DubiLoLo

DubiLoLo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationלא בארץ

Posted July 05 2014 - 05:33 AM

also: google "Hawken Genesis Book". you may get amazon, ebay, barnes & noble, as well as the genesis book folks. they are presented along with links to free teaser pages (which i found to not work) for about 3/4 of the comic book/graphic novel. there really isn't much to them, apparently, as far as size, but the cash you spend goes into paying the bills for development of this fabulous game.
8:)

I'll think of something obtuse and clever later.

Posted Image

You may now consider yourself Slugged.

#13 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted July 05 2014 - 07:02 PM

Welcome to the fine forums of Illal, Pilot! Enjoy your stay. ^_^

#14 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted July 05 2014 - 08:51 PM

oh yeh, my bad
Welcome to the Hawken!
:_

Posted Image

#15 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 23 2014 - 11:22 PM

WELCOME FRESH MEAT- I mean... FELLOW PILOT!!!!

Lol, in all seriousness, welcome to Hawken. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to click my sig. I've got quite a few videos up that should help new players get used to the game. I'm adding more so be sure to check it out.

As for most of your questions, I hate to say I don't have a lot of answers to them. But if you're ever in need of help with piloting, just give my guide a look and I'm sure it'll help you some.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users