HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A Quick Update for Everyone: 07/14/14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#81 Gh0stMantis

Gh0stMantis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationIn a cave, with a box of scraps.

Posted July 20 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostEM1O, on July 14 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Lego toys

This. I want this.

Posted Image

'The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,

but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.'

- Sun Tzu -

#82 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 03:50 AM

I haven't played in about a month, and a double HC weekend might get me to start playing again.

#83 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 20 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostDerMax, on July 16 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

Siege 2.0

PARTYHARD
..Cool!

Posted Image

Spoiler

#84 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on July 15 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

[bla]
on topic:

I'm just hoping for 3 things
- Fame
- Money
- Chicks
[bla]

Yeah !

Now on topic, july is ending, my MMR is shrinking, I play on USE for breakfast (a bit addict).
I really hope they'll solve the server issues 'cause saturday on European server was aweful.
Posted Image

#85 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted July 20 2014 - 11:33 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 14 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Half Life 3 CONFIRMED
and some game named Hawken is going to get some updates too.

Honestly I'm just wondering when the Beta label is coming off. [HWK]enmen_

#86 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 21 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostMawnkey, on July 20 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 14 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Half Life 3 CONFIRMED
and some game named Hawken is going to get some updates too.

Honestly I'm just wondering when the Beta label is coming off. [HWK]enmen_

Do you mean Beta or Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeta_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#87 Ligeia

Ligeia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 21 2014 - 07:18 AM

I get the feeling you guys are trying hard to save Hawken by striking up a deal with someone or something, and nothing is set in stone, but there might still be a chance in hell that it works. If that's why you're being so quiet, then I totally understand, and I'd do the same.

I wish you the best of luck, as I've had a lot of fun with this game and I really hope it becomes an active game again. Especially since I was super hype since I saw the preview for it and hyped it from Alpha onwards.

Looking forward to seeing updates again. And thank you Hughes. Really.

#88 Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLA,

Posted July 21 2014 - 01:17 PM

From what I know (after visiting Adhesive earlier today) they're working on a genitalia update for all mechs. The current holdup is the massive scale of the genitals on the scout and how that will affect boosting (plus your standard geometry issues w/maps).

From what I could see, they've gotten most done... sadly techs will be eunuchs.

Posted Image

#89 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted July 21 2014 - 07:05 PM

The current Hawken lacks crowd control abilities.  The addition of genitals should open new opportunities.
A well aimed shot for a momentary immobilisation...  or a melee snatch-the-balls-and-throw-them-away followed by "Go fetch!"
Perhaps even a new game mode.

Thank you for telling us what's up.

Posted Image

#90 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted July 22 2014 - 05:24 AM

hmmmmm

#91 Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLA,

Posted July 22 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostBarbie_in_a_Mech, on July 21 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

The current Hawken lacks crowd control abilities.  The addition of genitals should open new opportunities.
A well aimed shot for a momentary immobilisation...  or a melee snatch-the-balls-and-throw-them-away followed by "Go fetch!"
Perhaps even a new game mode.

Thank you for telling us what's up.

I wasn't supposed to say... but YES, you're correct about the crowd control (special sauce). Also,there's various 'size' upgrades purchasable w/ HC.

For more (special sauce) info; http://www.hawkinsburgers.com/
Posted Image

#92 Cyberbeastx

Cyberbeastx

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMechoVerse

Posted July 22 2014 - 01:26 PM

Least of many people's worry or concerns but some new Mech Cosmetics would be great :)

Posted Image

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled | Razer Naga Epic | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 | LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor

#93 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 03:45 AM

I really like to see a Mech for Hand Battle, for guys like me, who cant aim very well :D I dont care if its a Katana, Battleaxe or something else, but please give us some scary mechs for real QCQ.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

#94 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 23 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostGalaxyRadio, on July 23 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

I really like to see a Mech for Hand Battle, for guys like me, who cant aim very well :D I dont care if its a Katana, Battleaxe or something else, but please give us some scary mechs for real QCQ.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Fire your FLAK at point-blank, there you go, you have a melee weapon!

Posted Image

Spoiler

#95 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 04:17 AM

You can press F with the incinerator, and then you explode all over everyone.

#96 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 05:38 AM

Haha Meraple, with Flak i have to aim as well, my accuracy is something around 30% with the Big Flak and 45% with Tow. Iam done before i can kill anyone with that. Even with good Movement iam dead, because it took me too long to aim and land a hit.

Yeah i know Spoon, but i dont want to take every time Inci to rumble the battlefield. It's like cheating, i dont like it anymore. Sometimes i go with inci, if i don't want too lose a close game, because the enemy use that mech with tech+grenadier combo and the inci pilot is good, so i force the win, but it dosn't feel that way. So if i loose a fight againts A-Class picking on me, and if i ramping my PPA to max going near and Smash him with that, it feels pretty much shameless.....

Its like to use a nuclear bomb, if nothing works...

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, July 23 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#97 Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLA,

Posted July 23 2014 - 09:01 AM

It might be nice if the Raider had Ramming damage.

I can't tell you how many times I've had one run into me by accident after hitting the 'F' key.
Posted Image

#98 pseudodraco

pseudodraco

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostKer4u, on July 14 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on July 14 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new map, mech, and perhaps a game mode (Siege 2.0_) be what the team comes back with once this back end work has been completed.
then i really don't understand this secrecy, if it will be just a standard content
here's hoping it's beautifully non-standard then, eh_
i really gotta get on this place more often. i love the game too damn much not to come to the forums xP

View PostBadtings, on July 23 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

It might be nice if the Raider had Ramming damage.

I can't tell you how many times I've had one run into me by accident after hitting the 'F' key.

a melee style mech coming in mayyyybe_ that'd be an interesting turn of events. if not too disadvantaged at range

View PostGh0stMantis, on July 20 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

View PostEM1O, on July 14 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Lego toys

This. I want this.

lego/bionicle style hawken toys_ i'd display that s**t in my dorm proudly, even though i'm 20. and i object to "new member" i've been playing for over a year, i jsut don't come to the forums much :(

#99 pseudodraco

pseudodraco

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 10:25 PM

View Postkazuya989, on July 16 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

I always find Dev's communicating with their games community interesting.

On one hand Dev's want to give away as little as possible, keep things under wraps until they are dead cert, so as not to upset people by missing deadlines.  This is a sensible business practice, under promise and over deliver. Anyone with a job that sets targets and objectives will appreciate this one.

On the other hand the community have a thirst / passion / psychotic craziness (delete as appropriate) for news about a game they love and/or are heavily invested in.

As a player from the start of open beta (February 2013 i think) my thoughts on this are as follows......

1.  The Dev's communication of updates are far too specific, and therefore too infrequent, leading to wild speculation and the community splitting into 2 camps (the Rage monsters and the Dev apologists).

We don't want/need to know the exact date of the next update, or the exact new mech or map in the works.

Of course right now I'd take anything new.

too new on the forums to be in either camp, but I definitely agree. I don't care when it is coming, so long as it is coming. I've been coming in for daily wins then going to RIFT (my own fault for making myself too necessary to my guild) just to save my HC for new mechs
(maybe something they could bring in would be a way of converting HC to MC, for those of us who have college debts and can't really afford to spend as much as they'd like on the game :()

#100 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 24 2014 - 12:10 AM

If we really want more content, why don't we as the community make the assets ourselves_ It would save Adhesive half the work and they could focus a bit more on the back end work of the game. Valve does this with TF2. They take community submissions for assets and implement the ones they like into the game while focusing more of their own efforts on the balancing and back end work.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users