HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A Quick Update for Everyone: 07/14/14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#121 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted July 30 2014 - 07:50 PM

Giving answers to the If you could ask one question thread could be a cool move without having to talk about restricted stuff...

Posted Image

#122 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 30 2014 - 07:53 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 30 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Response incoming...

I hope it's a good one. We're all anxious to know what's going on.

View PostSilverfire, on July 30 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

Response incoming...

If I came across as harsh and unforgiving I do apologize, not normally like that. Just frustrated with the game (duh) and life and everything lol.

Hey we all do that!  No need to apologize Hughes man.  I'm sure even he's done that too. :P

#123 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 30 2014 - 09:33 PM

So let me take a few moments and break all this down further.

For starters if the first comment of mine today was taken as unprofessional by some, for that I do apologize. I hope you all know that it's not something that would be intentional on my part. However, I don't back away from the core of my statement which was regarding a particular user who more often than not, appears to contribute negatively to conversations instead of positively (or even neutrally for that matter). It's unfortunate and doesn't come across as a constructive use of time.

I do also stand behind my statement that there appears to be an assumption that we're actively and aggressively keeping players in the dark. There is a difference between being proactively secretive versus not being able to discuss details of current development. Being actively and aggressively secretive to me is more about "Well, we could tell everyone what we're doing but we're just not going to!" versus "Well, we really wish we could talk about what's going on but we just can't at this moment." That difference may result in the same outcome, but it becomes more about intent.

We know people want to know what's next, are asking many questions and our acknowledgment of this fact was called out in previous updates. We aren't reading these comments, wringing our hands and laughing maniacally into the night. Comparing this team with other studios is also a bit of an apples and oranges situation right now and I don't consider us to have as much of a behind-closed-doors policy as what's suggested on this thread. There's a lot to game development and I support us standing as a team, regardless of what's gone right internally or what may have gone wrong. While we may not have been as transparent as other development teams over the duration of our beta so far, ultimately the reason for why it may have come across that way really doesn't matter in the end. There's no secret agenda, no big mystery to figure out and no need to try and overanalyze any postings.

The whole core of this comes down to me asking the community, please try to avoid making assumptions about either what's in development or about perceived company policies unless you have more information. But you may ask "Well, HUGHES that's all fine and good but what do you expect us to do when you won't tell us everything_" Let's all be honest, not everything that happens at a studio and company is the business of the public, a potentially harsh sounding sentence on the surface but you can't deny its truth. So then you may say "Of course, we GET that but we aren't asking for everything, we're asking for transparency about the game and don't understand why you won't share!"

No, you don't want to wait any longer for more information. You love HAWKEN, have fun with it and want it to grow. Yes, we are completely aware of that (believe you me) so doesn't it make sense for us to give information as soon as we could_ Of course it does!

Things are happening with the game to be sure and when some of the upcoming path is solidified, I promise we will let you know. I know this isn't what everyone wants to read but I hope this helps clarify at least a few things. Unfortunately this might be a double edged sword, some explanation gets posted but I can't help if it now sounds somehow more ominous and I believe the word used was... tension_ Hardly the case but I'm not sure of any easy way to keep saying after many weeks that we don't yet have information to share without it coming across as such.

Again, we'll let you know as soon as we can about what's on the horizon. Truly! Heck, it's in our best interest to do so!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#124 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 30 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostSilverfire, on July 30 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

Response incoming...

If I came across as harsh and unforgiving I do apologize, not normally like that. Just frustrated with the game (duh) and life and everything lol.

But seriously. Something other than the usual is necessary very soon.

Don't sweat it Silverfire, frustration is an old friend... :)

Jason Hughes

#125 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted July 30 2014 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image

...^^

#126 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:10 PM

Please, don't take it amiss.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 30 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

You love HAWKEN, have fun with it and want it to grow. Yes, we are completely aware of that (believe you me) so doesn't it make sense for us to give information as soon as we could_ Of course it does.

You are completely aware of what_ "You love HAWKEN"... While that's true for many players it's not the case for everyone here though. There are quite a few people who aren't in love with Hawken anymore. These people are here for just one reason: they hope for some kind of announcement that makes them excited about Hawken again. While your post may satisfy those people who are in love with Hawken, you don't seem to properly address the people who are waiting for a reason to come back and play Hawken again.

#127 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:15 PM

So it's still weeks away.. need to stop checking news everyday :ph34r:

#128 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostReEvolve, on July 30 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

You love HAWKEN, have fun with it and want it to grow. Yes, we are completely aware of that (believe you me) so doesn't it make sense for us to give information as soon as we could_ Of course it does.

You are completely aware of what_ "You love HAWKEN"... While that's true for many players it's not the case for everyone here though. There are quite a few people who aren't in love with Hawken anymore. These people are here for just one reason: they hope for some kind of announcement that makes them excited about Hawken again. While your post may satisfy those people who are in love with Hawken, you don't seem to properly address the people who are waiting for a reason to come back and play Hawken again.

Meaning... We are aware that people don't want to wait longer for information.

Yes, some may be looking for a reason to come back but hopefully it's out of interest in HAWKEN. You say I didn't properly address the people looking for a reason to come back, what would you recommend_

Jason Hughes

#129 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:17 PM

"Well, we really wish we could talk about what's going on but we just can't at this moment."

There's no secret agenda, no big mystery to figure out and no need to try and overanalyze any postings.

I typically give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but these kind of statements are frustrating to read.  It's not that I believe you're up to something devious due to the ambiguity, it's just very confusing to me.

Here's what I get from this: you can't share anything about what's going on, even though you really want to, but what you want to share is no big secret/mystery.  That just seems contradictory by nature to be honest.

I'm not necessarily asking for specific information about what's in the future for hawken, but some more insight as to why there has been so little information flowing would ease my mind somewhat.  Whatever is going on, good luck with it!
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#130 DarkSpock

DarkSpock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:29 PM

People who fall out of love with Hawken shouldn't even be here. Doing so is just being a hyprocrite. Why spend your time and money for something you don't care about. The devs don't owe the players anything and similarly the players don't owe the devs anything, it's as simple as that. If you don't like how the game is progressing, move on and don't spend anymore of your precious time on it.

#131 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:40 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 30 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

You say I didn't properly address the people looking for a reason to come back, what would you recommend_

Sorry, I'm already late for work so I'm gonna reply to that later today (in 10 hours or so). :ph34r:

#132 pseudodraco

pseudodraco

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:53 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 30 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

We are aware that people don't want to wait longer for information.

Yes, some may be looking for a reason to come back but hopefully it's out of interest in HAWKEN. You say I didn't properly address the people looking for a reason to come back, what would you recommend_

Honestly, HUGHES, I may be new to the forums, but you can see how long i've been playing the game through some mystical dev magic :P (and how little i've been coming on lately, my guild in RIFT has been in dire need of me, so I haven't had much chance to come to Illal.)
anyway, there has to be some word, literally a single word you could say that, while not telling anything specific SUGGESTS in SOME WAY, no matter how subtle the suggestion, what something you're working on is. You could very likely start a massive war in the forums with just a single word and everyone would argue over what it is supposed to mean. just sayin' :P
but i do understand the need for some dev secrecy, so i don't fault you for that, but i've been dying for something new, i'll be honest.

oh lordy, i'm the only one on here right now except HUGHES himself.... maybe a touch awkward..... xP

#133 BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 31 2014 - 12:34 AM

[HWK]HUGHES,
how is the migration for the database and servers going_ Have you made progress (even if it is not completed yet) or are you stuck somewhere_ I don't think i've seen that brought up in posts in this thread.
Your path not being sufficiently solid yet probably refers to long term goals, for the short term i suggest finishing the server and database migrations (assuming that's not yet finished), fixing the issues the game has right now (not just bugs, but also balance problems and such, i even made a HUGE post about it in the suggestion subforum!) and i guess solving whatever internal problems you seem to be having right now that xou don't wish to/aren't legally allowed(_) to talk about. All of this is probably extremely obvious and i didn't actually need to tell you any of this.

Since i'm already here, i might as well ask another question:
Is there someone on the team responsible for the suggestions forum that gives feedback to members about their suggestions or something along that line_ I think that subforum might be better off with something like that so that it doesn't seem like it's just there to be some kind of placebo thing. maybe i'm just too cynical or something.
My big list of suggestions: (Warning: Contains lots of text)
https://community.pl...-fixing-things/

#134 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted July 31 2014 - 01:06 AM

View PostThirdEyE, on July 30 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

"Well, we really wish we could talk about what's going on but we just can't at this moment."

There's no secret agenda, no big mystery to figure out and no need to try and overanalyze any postings.

I typically give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but these kind of statements are frustrating to read.  It's not that I believe you're up to something devious due to the ambiguity, it's just very confusing to me.

Here's what I get from this: you can't share anything about what's going on, even though you really want to, but what you want to share is no big secret/mystery.  That just seems contradictory by nature to be honest.

I'm not necessarily asking for specific information about what's in the future for hawken, but some more insight as to why there has been so little information flowing would ease my mind somewhat.  Whatever is going on, good luck with it!

This is exactly, what many people wanted to say about dev comments Hughes. Because we have 3 Option

1. Hawken ist practically dead and you are trying with comments, that contains absolutly no information, that hawken can die fairly slow, so the Dev Team have more time to search for new jobs, before the money runs out and you have to close the doors

2. you can tell more about the new update, but somehow you don't want to, because maybe its something agressiv, most people don't like

3. or there must be some big update, not about the game itself, but about a fusion with another studio or publisher for financial backup and complete of the game core you can't talk about, because of NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement

For most of the people it smells more likly for option 1, some in love with hawken are hoping for nr. 3, something exiting and a small numbers just hope for a change, so number 2.

Until you can't clarify for sure, what is going on, you have to live with this negativ comments about hawken is going to die, because you have absoluty nothing to tell about, that these peoples could be wrong, words alone without any information, besides from "we are working" won't help you out of this situation.

So, like Leonhard, be Manly or live with the fact hawken player are rage about how communicating is handled by your Team.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, July 31 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#135 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted July 31 2014 - 01:39 AM

So far the impression I get is that one of two things may be happening:

1. They're involved with another company, and cannot discuss things due to an agreement with said party (we know they've been involved with Nvidia, and had their game showcased on Alienware pc's at gaming conventions)

2. They're finishing new material or feature fixes and cannot confirm a date because of that.

At the moment everyone wants information on what's next.  We want details, we want dates, which is reasonable given our interest in the game and the developers know this. If the Devs give us any information and don't implement it on time or later alter it in some way, there will be a large and perfectly understandable backlash on the forums.

They are in a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" situation, and yes, they have got themselves into this situation through not keeping to dates e.t.c. (i.e. the clan support they said we would get around September last year, which was pushed back by the ascension patch and is still not here). It would seem that they have learned from this and won't give us anything until it's carved in stone.

I really want a little leaked info, but I get the feeling at the moment anything that isn't solid will add "more fuel to the fire" so to speak.

Edited by DaPheel, July 31 2014 - 01:39 AM.

Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#136 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted July 31 2014 - 02:03 AM

Well, HUGHES that's all fine and good but what do you expect us to do when you won't tell us anything_
fixed it for you

- lok'tar ogar -

#137 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted July 31 2014 - 02:14 AM

View PostDaPheel, on July 31 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

I really want a little leaked info, but I get the feeling at the moment anything that isn't solid will add "more fuel to the fire" so to speak.
I do not care about any new content, just fix what is broken.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#138 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted July 31 2014 - 03:07 AM

we all are just want to hear about the update date ........

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#139 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 31 2014 - 03:29 AM

I don't give a fuzzy bunny about content, NOT EVEN A fuzzy bunny. I just hope the technical debt will get paid soon and with the least amount of funds. Once that's done, you whinny ass jerks will see how smooth the development process will become, and you'll see VOIP, chat systems (parties included) and even the spectator mode working nearly perfectly, because the hasty programming of all that is what caused it to not be perfectly functional. You people just don't understand.

Why bring new merchandise to your shop before you fix the place_

Posted Image

#140 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted July 31 2014 - 03:45 AM

Dont u all want the bugs and the servers being fixed first_dont u already all know that the devs currently are working on this now_The mystery behind the devs silence is intriguing for us all,but we all suspect that they have something big after the server migration.You do realize that every few days we start whining about their silence_Cant u just be patient ffs_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users