HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A Quick Update for Everyone: 07/14/14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#101 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted July 24 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on July 24 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

If we really want more content, why don't we as the community make the assets ourselves_ It would save Adhesive half the work and they could focus a bit more on the back end work of the game. Valve does this with TF2. They take community submissions for assets and implement the ones they like into the game while focusing more of their own efforts on the balancing and back end work.

See, the idea appears again.... LET US BUILD THINGS FOR YOU - FREE SLAVE LABOUR!

It would be awesome to see community made content. There's a lot of people around here that could produce some awesome stuff, community could vote on it, we all win. It would be a good source of new maps.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#102 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 24 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostDaPheel, on July 24 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

LET US BUILD THINGS FOR YOU - FREE SLAVE LABOUR!

YEAHHH

Posted Image

Spoiler

#103 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted July 24 2014 - 04:58 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on July 24 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

If we really want more content, why don't we as the community make the assets ourselves_ It would save Adhesive half the work and they could focus a bit more on the back end work of the game. Valve does this with TF2. They take community submissions for assets and implement the ones they like into the game while focusing more of their own efforts on the balancing and back end work.

Valve did this with TF2 after hiring literally millions of dollars in economists and lawyers to set up the legal backend.

#104 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 24 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on July 24 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

Valve did this with TF2 after hiring literally millions of dollars in economists and lawyers to set up the legal backend.
Posted Image

It always comes down to money, doesn't it_ -sighs- Dammit.... ;~;
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#105 TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 12:13 PM

The wording of the original post sounds a lot like they're about to be acquired or hand of some portion of the team / game / content / whatever to an outside party. There's not a hell of a lot of benefit to staying as quiet as the devs have been unless there's legal or NDA reasons to shut up until further notice - especially if investors or stocks are involved in either party. This is exactly the type of silence that happens with other companies that have gotten acquired; it's a sudden halt in regards to development updates and they just keep saying something big is coming but they can't talk about it until whatever deal is causing the silence is finalized.

Think about it. The devs aren't stupid. They know they risk losing a portion of their user base by keeping as quiet as they've been. We're all clamoring for a wide variety of features and development and we've expressed multiple times that we're not pleased about the lack of development updates. They acknowledged it in the original post. I don't see them keeping some big new feature under wraps for this long; if they're trying to generate excitement about future development for this game then their PR model is oddball.

If I'm wrong then I hope whatever new feature is coming will be neato.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, July 30 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#106 Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLA,

Posted July 30 2014 - 12:36 PM

'the rift' needs some apps.
Posted Image

#107 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted July 30 2014 - 01:38 PM

Posted ImageWhat to soon_ :huh:

#108 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostSuperkamikazee, on July 30 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

I find it interesting how in the dark the community is kept with this game, and how infrequent updates really are in this game.

...and I find it interesting how you keep trolling the forums when you have absolutely nothing constructive to say... at all... ever. LOL

The Forest team has an in game timer for when the next update will be, and it's an aggressive update schedule. I guess that's the way the dev team shows that that games community is important to them. Same goes for the Rust team. The dev team has discussions about future updates, information, reasoning behind planned updates, and when to expect updates.

It's fun making observations and comparisons. And based on what I've seen this team is severely behind the curve in almost every fashion.

You seem to be making the assumption that we're somehow actively and aggressively keeping people in the dark (but I could be wrong).
That's not the case.

You are also implying that the game's community is not important to us (but I could be wrong).
That's not the case.

The reality is there just isn't anything we're able to discuss right now (even if we'd like to), not all the facts about what's going on with development are ready for discussion and the facts related to said development aren't for public knowledge.

I'd like to ask that everyone please try to relax a little.

We want people to be enjoying HAWKEN and we do hope that people are. It's also understandable that some may want to hear the details of what we announce next before diving (back) into the game. That's respected as well and hopefully we can keep your interest as a customer after our next announcement (which should be soonTM). We will provide additional information about what's on the horizon as soon as we are able to discuss those details but for now unfortunately, much of what we're working on is not ready for public discussion.

Thanks everyone.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#109 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:42 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 30 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

I find it interesting how in the dark the community is kept with this game, and how infrequent updates really are in this game.

...and I find it interesting how you keep trolling the forums when you have absolutely nothing constructive to say... at all... ever. LOL

Unprofessional.

#110 Badb0y

Badb0y

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostTheButtSatisfier, on July 30 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

The wording of the original post sounds a lot like they're about to be acquired or hand of some portion of the team / game / content / whatever to an outside party. There's not a hell of a lot of benefit to staying as quiet as the devs have been unless there's legal or NDA reasons to shut up until further notice - especially if investors or stocks are involved in either party. This is exactly the type of silence that happens that I've seen with other companies that have gotten acquired; it's a sudden halt in regards to development updates and they just keep saying something big is coming but they can't talk about it until whatever deal is causing the silence is finalized.

Think about it. The devs aren't stupid. They know they risk losing a portion of their use base by keeping as quiet as they've been. We're all clamoring for a wide variety of features and development and we've expressed multiple times that we're not pleased about the lack of development updates. They acknowledged it in the original post. I don't see them keeping some big new feature under wraps for this long; if they're trying to generate excitement about some new feature then their PR model is oddball.

This reply does make sense. I am not against dev's. They are right, they are great but I have to support this post by TheButtSatisfier cause it does have some valid points which we cannot ignore....not at-least by excuses. :ph34r:

Edited by Badb0y, July 30 2014 - 04:46 PM.

.:  I'm Bad :.

Posted Image

#111 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:46 PM

(@Hoogs)
Practice the Keep It Simple, Stupid, or just boil the whole note down to this:

STFU and Play!
:)

Edited by EM1O, July 30 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#112 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:47 PM

The wording of the original post sounds a lot like they're about to be acquired or hand of some portion of the team / game / content / whatever to an outside party. There's not a hell of a lot of benefit to staying as quiet as the devs have been unless there's legal or NDA reasons to shut up until further notice - especially if investors or stocks are involved in either party. This is exactly the type of silence that happens that I've seen with other companies that have gotten acquired; it's a sudden halt in regards to development updates and they just keep saying something big is coming but they can't talk about it until whatever deal is causing the silence is finalized.

Think about it. The devs aren't stupid. They know they risk losing a portion of their use base by keeping as quiet as they've been. We're all clamoring for a wide variety of features and development and we've expressed multiple times that we're not pleased about the lack of development updates. They acknowledged it in the original post. I don't see them keeping some big new feature under wraps for this long; if they're trying to generate excitement about some new feature then their PR model is oddball.

This is worrying.... Hm...

The reality is there just isn't anything we're able to discuss right now (even if we'd like to), not all the facts about what's going on with development are ready for discussion and the facts related to said development aren't for public knowledge.

Is it like something super secret_  Something that could be used in 'the wrong hands that could totally fuzzeh bunny the game up' kinda knowledge_

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, July 30 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#113 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:51 PM

Still waiting
I`ll fix it later.

#114 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 30 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostAregon, on July 30 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Still waiting

soonTM

Posted Image

Spoiler

#115 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted July 30 2014 - 06:10 PM

I disagree.  His post was inquisitive and reiterated questions that a lot of us have been asking lately.   ADH has, time and time again, kept players in the dark for months at a time during development.  And for what_  We (the players) are still trying to figure out why.

The Forest team has an in game timer for when the next update will be, and it's an aggressive update schedule. I guess that's the way the dev team shows that that games community is important to them. Same goes for the Rust team. The dev team has discussions about future updates, information, reasoning behind planned updates, and when to expect updates.

It's fun making observations and comparisons. And based on what I've seen this team is severely behind the curve in almost every fashion.

You seem to be making the assumption that we're somehow actively and aggressively keeping people in the dark (but I could be wrong).
That's not the case.

But isn't that what you're doing_  You stated, and I quote, "I assure you we aren't in a place to discuss any information publicly. We know everyone is waiting for updates on the bigger picture, so it's going to take just a little while longer before there is information to share with everyone."

You're telling us that an update is coming, but are still keeping us in the dark regarding the details of that update.  Of course an update is coming.  The team is still actively working on the title.  

You are also implying that the game's community is not important to us (but I could be wrong).
That's not the case.

I don't believe he was implying anything.  He even stated that he was making observations of ADH's development policy, while actively comparing it to other games in development.  

I've made similar observations, which have led me to abandon the game in its current state.  

Why_ This "behind-closed-doors policy" seems to be hurting more than helping.  Star Citizen has a frequent (almost daily) update schedule.  Wildstar developers actively post on the forums regarding their progress and what they plan to do next.  Elite: Dangerous developers have been incredibly open throughout the entirety of their development process.  

These are all prominent corporations, successfully developing expansive, modern titles. I've followed each of the aforementioned projects very closely, and there is a common denominator that each development team represents in full: unrelenting transparency with their respective fanbases.  

Not intermittent.  Not occasional.  Consistent, verifiable transparency.  

I'd like to ask that everyone please try to relax a little.

We want people to be enjoying HAWKEN and we do hope that people are. It's also understandable that some may want to hear the details of what we announce next before diving (back) into the game. That's respected as well and hopefully we can keep your interest as a customer after our next announcement (which should be soonTM). We will provide additional information about what's on the horizon as soon as we are able to discuss those details but for now unfortunately, much of what we're working on is not ready for public discussion.

Thanks everyone.

I find it interesting that you're asking us to relax, yet your entire post screams "tension."

Edited by Xacius, July 30 2014 - 06:12 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#116 TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on July 30 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

This is worrying.... Hm...

I can see why you'd be worried, but honestly I'm not. A lot of companies come up with a really cool product, begin working on it with their core team, and eventually attract the attention of a bigger fish. Sometimes small companies do this intentionally so that they eventually get bought out. If the team does get acquired then they might be equipped with more resources to make this game even better. There's also the chance that things go south with the new owner, but who knows. That's a lot of "what if's", so I don't think it's worthwhile getting stirred up over. I'll reserve judgment until they break silence.

#117 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted July 30 2014 - 06:15 PM

what i find quite unprofessionnal is the "no answer" or very late answers when peeps from the community want to help....to map....to help to fight the spam (it took ages to see the "spam warriors" squad)
time have prooven that the community was able to help on this and the forum wasnt so clean since ages....
custom content, maps or anything from the community could be nice adds to the game....but sometimes i ask me if all isnt simply in gravitation around  financial strategies ....it s a lil frustrating to wait a simple answer, or at least to hear about devs opinion on that (community more involved), to share ideas...it s a weird very long beta, oh....i m still very happy to play each night with nice guys but...yeah i was expecting something to test, to give feedback, and to see changes from that feedback....but nope....i feel spectator....outside...communication is a flop imho ...li dont want to attack anyone or to  hurt devs, i have too much respect for their game ...we all want the best for this game
....time for my herbtea

Edited by UncleBlitz, July 30 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#118 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted July 30 2014 - 07:33 PM

The lack of communication and transparency for this long is worse than waiting for Ascension. At least you teased us into thinking something great is coming. Leak something, anything. Throw us a bone. We'll chew on it for a while. Tell us something other than soonTM because it isn't funny or cute or inspiring or hopeful. I've heard it enough times and it doesn't work. I used to think it was slightly amusing. Now, soonTM means you aren't being transparent, not being open, not being honest, trying to use old jokes to appease the masses to a slight degree. We just want to hear something other than the usual!

Give something to the people otherwise soon you won't have people to give something to.

/angryrant

I want the best for this game, I really do. I just don't have anything tangible to believe in right now.

Edited by Silverfire, July 30 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#119 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 30 2014 - 07:45 PM

Response incoming...

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#120 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted July 30 2014 - 07:49 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 30 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Response incoming...

If I came across as harsh and unforgiving I do apologize, not normally like that. Just frustrated with the game (duh) and life and everything lol.

But seriously. Something other than the usual is necessary very soon.

Edited by Silverfire, July 30 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users