HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Connection lost between matches

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted July 19 2014 - 07:43 PM

Note: I tried server browser and quick match and there have been no changes to my internet connection.

Since earlier this week, whenever I click on a server and then Launch, I see the usual "Connecting... Please wait" message, but after several seconds the overlay disappears and I'm just sitting there staring at the server list like nothing has happened. If I try to refresh the list, it takes at least 15+ seconds to do it.

After about 45 seconds, I will suddenly start connecting to the first server I tried to connect to (if it's still available, otherwise I get a failed to join message) and I have no problems in the match itself.

As soon as the countdown is over at the end of a match, I get kicked and see a "Connection Lost" message and am sent back to my garage to go through this all over again.

Is anyone else experiencing this_

Posted Image

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 19 2014 - 07:47 PM

View Postnokari, on July 19 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

Is anyone else experiencing this_

Yes, me, happens sometimes, started a month ago or so ...

Posted Image

#3 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted July 19 2014 - 09:03 PM

I've had this happen, but after 10 seconds, it actually forwards the connection. It disappeared a few months ago.
Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#4 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 10:02 PM

I would recommend trying one server and waiting longer, the game will keep trying to connect you after a point, even if you press cancel.

Have you tried deleting your game via steam & removing your settings folder from mygames, then reinstalling and letting the folder regenerate_  Have you tried wtih a new account_  I don't really think these will work, most likely you tried this already, but you never know, you might get lucky.

#5 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted July 20 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postspo0n, on July 19 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

I would recommend trying one server and waiting longer, the game will keep trying to connect you after a point, even if you press cancel.

Have you tried deleting your game via steam & removing your settings folder from mygames, then reinstalling and letting the folder regenerate_  Have you tried wtih a new account_  I don't really think these will work, most likely you tried this already, but you never know, you might get lucky.

It always connects me (so long as the server doesn't fill up while I'm waiting or drop below my MMR range). It just takes a long time to actually throw me into the match (about 1 min). I've tried lots of different things to force it quicker, but nothing seems to help.

I did try with a new account. The only difference was that one time it didn't kick me between matches, but every other time I got kicked and had to rejoin or find another server like before.

If I delete my settings folder, won't it regenerate without having to remove the game from Steam_

Posted Image

#6 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 10:33 AM

Yeah, but if you are throwing stones in the dark you might as well throw as many as possible at once.

#7 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted July 20 2014 - 11:15 AM

Happened to me once, I just rejoined the match on the server list onto the enemy (losing) side. Still won.
They laughed at my fail.
I laughed at their broken necks Negative KDR's

Edited by Z3roCool007, July 20 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#8 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted July 25 2014 - 05:55 AM

happens every match

#9 IronRoach

IronRoach

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDominating the Earth, for 85 million years

Posted July 25 2014 - 08:16 AM

happened.
_

Posted Image

I'll make up my mind later

#10 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted July 25 2014 - 09:26 AM

The issue was resolved after I renamed my "Hawken" folder to "Hawken Backup" in C:/Documents/My Games. I can't guarantee that was the actual solution, but that was the last thing I did before the problem stopped.

Posted Image

#11 Death_Wraith

Death_Wraith

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 26 2014 - 11:48 PM

I am getting this also, and on top of it, it is failing to connect when I am queued to join a match. I will get the countdown then nothing happens it just shows the play button but doesn't connect to match server. This seems to be a new problem but a persistent one. I hope this is fixed it is becoming a show stopper for me.

#12 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 27 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostDeath_Wraith, on August 26 2014 - 11:48 PM, said:

I am getting this also, and on top of it, it is failing to connect when I am queued to join a match. I will get the countdown then nothing happens it just shows the play button but doesn't connect to match server. This seems to be a new problem but a persistent one. I hope this is fixed it is becoming a show stopper for me.

View Postnokari, on July 25 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

The issue was resolved after I renamed my "Hawken" folder to "Hawken Backup" in C:/Documents/My Games. I can't guarantee that was the actual solution, but that was the last thing I did before the problem stopped.

My issue was that it would connect after I waited 30 or so seconds. Queue for a match and wait a while after the countdown to see if you get connected to the match. If not, you might have a different issue and should consult the Support page.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users