HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator Awareness - Let's Improve It!

Community

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Merplex

Merplex

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on September 15 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

I call it how I see it.

I'm blunt and you have a problem with that, yet you put things like that yourself_
Okay..
Posted Image

#22 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted September 15 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 15 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

View PostMiscellaneous, on September 15 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

I agree with Merplex and TwentyFirstPilot here.

There's one more thing I'd like to point out, which is about the price. I reckon there are two reasons the dev's priced it so high.

1) It's OP when you know how to use it. A mech as OP as pred (In the right hands, of course) for about 4K_ Lolnope.

2) Because it's so expensive, newbies won't buy it and then complain that it's bad because they don't know how to use it. Instead, they'll spend their hard-earned HC on something like a Brawler, which (In my opinion) is much easier to use. Because the price is so high, you're  more likely to get someone who knows the ins and outs of HAWKEN buying it, meaning they might look up a guide on the forums or something if they're finding it hard to use.

Pred's not OP. Skill is OP.

That's what I said. Pred is OP in the right hands. As is every mech.
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#23 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 15 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostMiscellaneous, on September 15 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

There's one more thing I'd like to point out, which is about the price. I reckon there are two reasons the dev's priced it so high.

1) It's OP when you know how to use it. A mech as OP as pred (In the right hands, of course) for about 4K_ Lolnope.

2) Because it's so expensive, newbies won't buy it and then complain that it's bad because they don't know how to use it. Instead, they'll spend their hard-earned HC on something like a Brawler, which (In my opinion) is much easier to use. Because the price is so high, you're  more likely to get someone who knows the ins and outs of HAWKEN buying it, meaning they might look up a guide on the forums or something if they're finding it hard to use.

Then your definition of OP is useless when talking about game balance.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#24 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted September 15 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 15 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

View PostMiscellaneous, on September 15 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

Then your definition of OP is useless when talking about game balance.

CORRECT! :D
My main point was the 2nd point though. I truly believe they put the price high to stop newbies from buying it, not realising how to use it, and then never using it again.

Edited by Miscellaneous, September 15 2014 - 09:27 AM.

Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#25 BlackJak

BlackJak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 04:27 PM

Alright well... this not really the answers im looking for.  But thanks for the tips i can see i worded quite a bit of things wrongly, um don't worry i am not bad at the pred nor am i good i know how to play the pred i love advice but i believe a game isn't fun if i don't figure it out for myself.
yes i met twenty first and meraple in the same game and i was made meraples nemesis when he was using the amazing assault but he grounded me into the ground after that. But that was with pred. to get to the point what im trying to say is, i just want to make people aware of the pred. this thread was for a promotion for maybe better weapons like switch the t32 bolt with something else (suggested by merplex).  im kinda disappointed with some of the responses i wish they were a little nicer. Thanks again.
Oh ps does anyone know where my name was from (its from an older game) ~BlackJak~

Edited by BlackJak, September 15 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#26 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 16 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostBlackJak, on September 15 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

Oh ps does anyone know where my name was from (its from an older game) ~BlackJak~

I have no clue.  Google was no help either.

I think you will just have to tell us the background story.

Edited by BurnsHot, September 16 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#27 BlackJak

BlackJak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 12:27 PM

My name was from Mech Warrior.  Black Jak was a popular mech along with atlas and jeager. But yeah thanks for trying.

#28 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 01:25 PM

Nerf the wall hacks! >:0

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#29 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostSylhiri, on September 16 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Nerf the wall hacks! >:0

nerf YOU!

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#30 BlackJak

BlackJak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 04:18 PM

Alright I've got a request.  I'd like to know if there is anything that any of you would like to see changed on the predator or added.

#31 Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRepública Separatista de Haedo

Posted September 16 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostBlackJak, on September 16 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Alright I've got a request.  I'd like to know if there is anything that any of you would like to see changed on the predator or added.

I'd love to remain stealth when dodging, like it was before. I think it was an unnecessary nerf to Pred. Other than that, I think it's cool as it is now.
Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.
MessyBopzz: like jesus_
Cybrex: Better than jesus

Posted Image

#32 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted September 16 2014 - 07:35 PM

Fixing the inconsistent bug on predator mines that makes them either indestructible by splash (only direct hits detonate them) or totally indestructible (not even direct hits work) would be a welcome change.

#33 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'd love it if the EOC repeater on the predator was special in some way, like remote detonation.
Not sure if that would be OP or not.. but think of teh aw3som3

#34 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostAlpha86, on September 16 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

I'd love it if the EOC repeater on the predator was special in some way, like remote detonation.
Not sure if that would be OP or not.. but think of teh aw3som3

Due to some lazy coding, one weapon can't be modified for a single mech. That's why the G2 Raider uses the T32 XT, even though there's no difference between it and the regular T32.

As well, available primaries can't be swapped out. I don't remember why, but removing the T32 from the Pred would also affect the T32 on the Raider.

#35 BlackJak

BlackJak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 05:03 AM

I would like to see the EOC r be the size of EOC p mines and have longer life span

#36 Crminimal

Crminimal

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted September 18 2014 - 12:37 AM

My memory is so horrible I would like to be able to see my mines on the minimap and have a EOC p mine count on the HuD somewhere.

#37 BlackJak

BlackJak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 18 2014 - 06:33 AM

i think that would be amazing

#38 Milithistorian

Milithistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted September 18 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostLiederkranz, on September 16 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

I'd love to remain stealth when dodging, like it was before. I think it was an unnecessary nerf to Pred. Other than that, I think it's cool as it is now.

nerf was needed IMO, dodging should reveal you, since it reveals you on radar anyway, it makes no sense.
Military Historian, Comedian(Master's in Puns)
Find me most anywhere as Milithistorian or something of the sort.

Yeah. Best sig ever, I know.

#39 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 19 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on September 14 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on September 14 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

The Pred is probably the hardest mech to be competent at and one of the hardest to master.

You fuzzy bunny kidding me ... 1 primary shot takes 1/3 of an A's health ... tell me what's hard about playing that thing ... unlimited cloak, ability to instakill A's and almost B's, fast ability recharge, high DPS and AOE mines, heat vision, cloak cheeze (and you know what I'm talking about) ...

Like, tell me for god's sake what's HARD about playing it, What makes it ONE OF THE HARDEST TO MASTER ... What could convince me that's it's harder to master than SS and infil_

Infil is easier than predator since the predator has nearly all burst weaponry.  At least on the infil you have the assault rifle option.  The predator is hard to use in a 1v1 situation yes, but when used right as part of a team it can be devastating.  Especially with the EOC repeater as its primary.  

It could use a sustained weapon to be fair but if it never gets that I won't complain.  The infravision alone is amazing and if you can get used to either the t32 bolt's charging or get your timing perfect on the breacher then both of those are devastating too.  For those who don't know the breacher can go through shields and barriers (unless they changed that).

A predator relies a lot on knowing the maps and routes and chokes where people tend to boot through without looking.  You can lay down the mines with the ECO predator even on the walls and ceilings.  Then you can sit cloaked around a corner and remote detonate them when a poor absent minded person runs through and 8 mines will take off most of their health leaving you free to exploit their now tattered hull.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 14 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on September 14 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

The Pred is probably the hardest mech to be competent at and one of the hardest to master.

You fuzzy bunny kidding me ... 1 primary shot takes 1/3 of an A's health ... tell me what's hard about playing that thing ... unlimited cloak, ability to instakill A's and almost B's, fast ability recharge, high DPS and AOE mines, heat vision, cloak cheeze (and you know what I'm talking about) ...

Like, tell me for god's sake what's HARD about playing it, What makes it ONE OF THE HARDEST TO MASTER ... What could convince me that's it's harder to master than SS and infil_

Infil is easier than predator since the predator has nearly all burst weaponry.  At least on the infil you have the assault rifle option.  The predator is hard to use in a 1v1 situation yes, but when used right as part of a team it can be devastating.  Especially with the EOC repeater as its primary.  

It could use a sustained weapon to be fair but if it never gets that I won't complain.  The infravision alone is amazing and if you can get used to either the t32 bolt's charging or get your timing perfect on the breacher then both of those are devastating too.  For those who don't know the breacher can go through shields and barriers (unless they changed that).

A predator relies a lot on knowing the maps and routes and chokes where people tend to boot through without looking.  You can lay down the mines with the ECO predator even on the walls and ceilings.  Then you can sit cloaked around a corner and remote detonate them when a poor absent minded person runs through and 8 mines will take off most of their health leaving you free to exploit their now tattered hull.

#40 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted September 19 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on September 19 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

That's sometimes a decent tactic to use. However, it often ends up making you a sandbag to drag down your team, since you're playing so passively.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users