HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator Awareness - Let's Improve It!

Community

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 17 2014 - 05:19 AM

Pred is a awe some mech The common opinion after you buy it is god this thing sucks compaired to other mecks.   I though the same thing when I bought it. Pred is a powerful mech when used as it should be. Read some of the pred guides and play it for like a week. Then we will talk.  Point of advice I would stay away from T32 Bolt it forces you to get entirly too close. This causes 2 problems. 1 If you use eoc preditaor mines at that range you take damage. 2 It puts you right in another mechs face where it is stronger than you.  Prediter is not a front line mech.  It realy is a support class. A back stabbing, sneaky, kill stealing, basterd of a mech.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 17 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#42 Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRepública Separatista de Haedo

Posted October 17 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostMilithistorian, on September 18 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

View PostLiederkranz, on September 16 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostBlackJak, on September 16 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Alright I've got a request.  I'd like to know if there is anything that any of you would like to see changed on the predator or added.

I'd love to remain stealth when dodging, like it was before. I think it was an unnecessary nerf to Pred. Other than that, I think it's cool as it is now.

nerf was needed IMO, dodging should reveal you, since it reveals you on radar anyway, it makes no sense.

I know, but remaining stealth when dodging would be part of the ability, just as the Infil being able to boost without showing up on radar is a part of Infil's ability.

Perhaps they could set it like: you remain stealth when dodging but show up in radar at certain proximity of other mechs. Or remain stealth but your thrusters be visible. Some lesser nerf like those.

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 17 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Pred is a awe some mech The common opinion after you buy it is god this thing sucks compaired to other mecks.   I though the same thing when I bought it. Pred is a powerful mech when used as it should be. Read some of the pred guides and play it for like a week. Then we will talk.  Point of advice I would stay away from T32 Bolt it forces you to get entirly too close. This causes 2 problems. 1 If you use eoc preditaor mines at that range you take damage. 2 It puts you right in another mechs face where it is stronger than you.  Prediter is not a front line mech.  It realy is a support class. A back stabbing, sneaky, kill stealing, basterd of a mech.

You know, when I first bought my pred, I was like "WOW, THIS THING IS AMAZING" from the beginning, even with my obvious sucking at first drivings of it. Perhaps it was because I could see the potential of the vehicle in the right hands, even if those hands weren't mine yet. :lol:
Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.
MessyBopzz: like jesus_
Cybrex: Better than jesus

Posted Image

#43 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 17 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostLiederkranz, on October 17 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

You know, when I first bought my pred, I was like "WOW, THIS THING IS AMAZING" from the beginning, even with my obvious sucking at first drivings of it. Perhaps it was because I could see the potential of the vehicle in the right hands, even if those hands weren't mine yet. :lol:

Same here. However, I was very new when I first played Pred. For that reason, I didn't have any long standing bad habits to break.

I can say for sure that I'm glad I hated the Recruit, even from the start. I'm glad I didn't learn on that forgiving wreak of a combat platform.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#44 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted October 29 2014 - 11:20 PM

Prediter is not a front line mech.  It realy is a support class. A back stabbing, sneaky, kill stealing, basterd of a mech.

Muh azz.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users