HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

US West servers missing Again_ (Sept 28 11:00pm (MST))

Announcement News Update

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 22 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on September 22 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

It feels like we are the last survives after a nuclear fallout, but there aren't enough resources to sustain a population and have resorted to cannibalism because all of the plants and animals are radioactive and toxic so our numbers are dwindling while we hope and pray for some higher power, possibly alien, to save us and provide relief.

*Looks at Hawken's theme*

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

#22 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 22 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostZycon, on September 22 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

*Looks at Hawken's theme*

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Dibs on the radioactive rat feces!
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#23 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted September 22 2014 - 05:30 PM

Sorry boys but it's not aliens or virus or any of that other stuf on the threads before.
I hate to be the one to break it to you all. Here goes(Apparently this game was developed as a joke to fool us into thinking there was going to be a product. It wasn't done for money but as an experiment to see the reaction of individuals on the internet. They want to see how people will react and attack one another while they take notes and decide which servers to shut down next to get the same reaction. The bad part is is it was all in front of us the whole time but no one ever saw it coming because as humans we only see what we want and never except the truth even when it is dancing in front of our face. The Technician was the first clue we had it was a joke because of the bad reaction yet the continued to try and justify why they did it. Even after the mech clearly has more Negative then positive enjoyment. The second was the color of the good looking map Front Line. This amazing map shows how gorgeous this planet was and not the dystopia we were lead to believe. The third is the Incinerator. The forever shooting Heavy class that never stops shooting and is so dull as it is that when you attach a Technician(the Technician never over heats) It's like shooting forever was not enough with a Heavy class armor bank on top of that he get a Vampire leeching health regenerating damage stealing Tech that wont overheat.... Did i mention it shoots forever_ doesn't over heat and keeps the Technician from over heating_..ok) The test is almost over and we the Guinea pigs are now watched over as the specimen we are. While the mad scientist reap the rewards of ensuing madness upon it's world from a safe distance. True story i swear on the holy matrix of the internet...honestly i Google it.....LMAO

Disclaimer-I have made up everything in this except the nature of my perception of what has accrued in the time i have played this game. Also i have been drinking very well made wine from Italy and have no real grasp on reality as you the reader sees it. As such i am not liable for any damage cause direct or indirectly by you reading this or misunderstanding my writing as i write this i take another drink and have no other reason but to continue to write to a sure you i am a real person under the influence of a substance legal and binding to the blood stream and as such why are you still reading this as i continue for no good reason......lol
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#24 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted September 22 2014 - 10:03 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 22 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

~snip~
What if I told you... a certain company that used to sell shower curtains is pulling all the strings_

#25 Galvanized_Eagle

Galvanized_Eagle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted September 22 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostHell_Diguner, on September 22 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on September 22 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

~snip~
What if I told you... a certain company that used to sell shower curtains is pulling all the strings_

Cant WAIT till they come out with those explosive lemons...

#26 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PostGalvanized_Eagle, on September 22 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Cant WAIT till they come out with those explosive lemons...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted September 23 2014 - 01:51 AM

soon everyone will play in europe

- lok'tar ogar -

#28 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 02:08 AM

View PostKer4u, on September 23 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

next minute, europe gone.

#29 Galvanized_Eagle

Galvanized_Eagle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 02:15 AM

View PostZycon, on September 23 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

View PostKer4u, on September 23 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

next minute, europe gone.

and then, the other servers, followed by the offices of ADH, the city it is located in, and then the state, the country, the CONTINENT! And on the chain reaction will unfold, until the UNIVERSE ENTIRE HATH IMPLODED UPON ITSELF!!!!!!

and then. there was nothing.

#30 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted September 23 2014 - 02:38 AM

So it begins...
devs not paid fee to server providers, so they're shutting down the servers... simple...
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#31 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 02:40 AM

View Posthawkenus, on September 23 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

So it begins...
devs not paid fee to server providers, so they're shutting down the servers... simple...

If they are doing it deliberately there is a 50% chance its because they're switching to the new system in the next update and don't want a whole bunch of amazon servers still running.

The other 50% is, they're shutting down the game.

#32 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted September 23 2014 - 02:46 AM

Yep, swiching to a new system takes no more then a few minutes... why_ because you start the new servers first and close down the old  ones next and redirect all traffic to the new servers... simple change in configuration files and some commands first...
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#33 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 02:56 AM

View Posthawkenus, on September 23 2014 - 02:46 AM, said:

Yep, swiching to a new system takes no more then a few minutes... why_ because you start the new servers first and close down the old  ones next and redirect all traffic to the new servers... simple change in configuration files and some commands first...

I am aware, I have setup servers before. But ADH seems to be slow at everything, more than likely the new servers are already ready to go and they're doing other things.

They can't divert the connection because the game was apparently entirely built around using amazon servers, which they've now realized was a mistake. They mentioned they had a new build of the game that utilized their new servers, but that was months ago now.

Edited by Zycon, September 23 2014 - 02:58 AM.

#34 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted September 23 2014 - 08:42 AM

no shut down forums until i post my video pls!!

Posted Image

Edited by dorobo, September 23 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#35 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 09:55 AM

If servers show up for West this would be a good sign right_  Hopefully we will have less than 10 of a ping.  :)

#36 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 11:11 AM

If Austrailian servers dried up + US West dried up + No Official responses to the forums regarding the concern of servers shutting down and not restarting = one of the following:

1] Hawken is spending the last of it's money keeping the most populated servers running. {It's coming to an end}
2) This is all part of the server migration. {Unlikely but possible}
3) Something big might be in the works they are being shut down for refurbishing to handle the new upades etc... {Most preferred but the least likely}

Until the players get a real response there will be no finalization of Hawken in a proactive or detracted way. But rest assured this silence isn't good for business...

#37 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 11:24 AM

Maybe they are using the servers to launch another game_

Like everyone else, I am tired of not hearing any news.

#38 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 23 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostZycon, on September 23 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

View Posthawkenus, on September 23 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

So it begins...

If they are doing it deliberately there is a 50% chance its because they're switching to the new system in the next update and don't want a whole bunch of amazon servers still running.

The other 50% is, they're shutting down the game.

Turns out EA or Activision bought Adhesive and the game and are in the process of re-marketing it as EA(an expansion to Titan Fall)/ Activision (A Call of Dudy Spin off)

The ironic part is that if this were actually true, it could explain why everything is taking so long. That is of course if the game is still be supported.

#39 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted September 23 2014 - 11:35 AM

player count might increase and servers would be added back_

#40 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostShadowWarg, on September 23 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Turns out EA or Activision bought Adhesive and the game and are in the process of re-marketing it as EA(an expansion to Titan Fall)/ Activision (A Call of Dudy Spin off)

The ironic part is that if this were actually true, it could explain why everything is taking so long. That is of course if the game is still be supported.

Do you have a link proving this_ There must be supporting information about it if there is a hint of truth to it...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users