HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Few Videos Showing Performance

Video Beta Alpha

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted November 02 2012 - 05:22 AM

Ye, there's definitely something fishy going on. You see I'm running around max framerate with:
i7 2600K
AMD HD 6870
8GB 1600
Win7-64
On both online and offline, didn't see much of a difference.

#22 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:03 AM

I think a lot of these performance issues might be map related, too.

I noticed a lot of performance hits whilst running Titan. On the last day of the closed beta I did some quick and dirty benchmarks comparing this map with Sahara by playing 10 deathmatches on each. Graphical settings were maxed out, frame rates were unlocked and lobbies were full during each test. I'm running a Core i7-3820 overclocked at 4GHz with a GTX 690 and 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM. Here are my resutls:

Titan: Avg FPS: 58.9; Avg memory used: 740.7MB

Sahara: Avg FPS: 88.4; Avg memory used: 673.4MB

Titan is a "heavy" map.

Edited by Roundlay, November 02 2012 - 06:05 AM.

#23 Arcana13

Arcana13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 07:05 AM

Meh seems like AMD/ATI users are in disadvantage in terms of performance optimization. I still get my frames dropping to 30 with my single 7950 which is just plain ssaaaad. Hawken never constantly plays at 60 frames either. And I even planned to get it going with 3D but this is not gonna happen anytime soon....AMD has to catch up in terms of updating their driver. The boost on BF3 in the new beta driver didn't showed up here -sigh-.
I don't like Nvida building their monopoly...but I might have to support it -creepy-

Edit: maybe I forgot to turn of Physx after one of the patches. And I should use the console for frames count nexttime instead of fraps.

Edited by Arcana13, November 02 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Beta, Alpha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users