HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Post your Pilot Profile

Screenshot Beta Award Clan Review

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostDeu, on November 01 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

You have the exact same set up toolbar as I do hah. Nj mate!

haha o i remember u.

i heard there was a fuzzy bunny measuring contest. since this is the 8th thread i guess its about time i grabbed the measuring tape.

Posted Image

Edited by BuDeKai, November 01 2012 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#22 Prodygy

Prodygy

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIllal

Posted November 01 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostDeu, on November 01 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

I figure the average K/D is probably really low I wonder if leadership boards are being discussed_

The average K/D across all of Hawken-land is 1.0, because for every kill earned someone else had to die.
"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." - Winston Churchill

#23 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 01 2012 - 03:22 PM

Oh, we're doing one of these threads_
I just barely missed my goal of 3.3 kpd. And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for those meddling lvl20 sharpshooters.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Rathial

Rathial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach, SC

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:27 PM

I believe I only had 1.52 k/d ratio :( Only played as infiltrator this time around and only got to play a few matches as I was super busy. :P I believe I did much better in alpha.

#25 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 02 2012 - 04:51 AM

View PostProdygy, on November 01 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

The average K/D across all of Hawken-land is 1.0, because for every kill earned someone else had to die.
Suicides are possible; have a nice day.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#26 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:25 AM

suicide is never the answer

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#27 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 07:30 AM

View PostBuDeKai, on November 02 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

suicide is never the answer
But it is painless.

#28 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted November 02 2012 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 ZeForte

ZeForte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 09:22 AM

I certainly won't miss a chance to brag.
Posted Image

#30 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 02:19 AM

Of course. You did Assault, which is EZ-Mode, and that staggeringly high win percentage means you either played newbies, or dropped out of losing games. :P

#31 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 03 2012 - 02:48 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 03 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Of course. You did Assault, which is EZ-Mode, and that staggeringly high win percentage means you either played newbies, or dropped out of losing games. :P
I don't know, I barely ever lost Siege matches.
I think if one stuck to that mode, or felt like carrying hard enough in Missile Assault it'd be pretty easy to get a decent W/L ratio without match dropping.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 03 2012 - 02:48 AM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#32 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 04:20 AM

Over an 85% win-loss ratio, though_

I'm a pretty good player and even I only managed to get up to about 65%.

Of course, if he rolls with a group of people and they're using TS or something, that could definitely explain things.

#33 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 03 2012 - 05:03 AM

I got ~80% playing mostly siege, followed by missile, and 1 or 2 TDM. I only left a game once, because I had no UI :P but I was placed back into that game after fixing that, so maybe I never left_ Though about 3 games I lost were joining a second before the last ship hit our base, and I don't know if hawken has a provision for discounting win/loss if you weren't in-game for x seconds or something. Oh, and only the last ~4 missile assaults I played before beta ended could have counted as coordinated as Deu and I got to talking and that'll have influenced team choice. Other than that playing with randoms.

#34 ZeForte

ZeForte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 06:22 AM

Only played Siege/Missle and DM once (24:4 there and everyone was Assault), no TS group, no leaving before match end (unless it was a disconnect, which happened around three times).
I'm not even sure what's happening here myself; the only FPS I've ever played were CS:S and Planetside 2 beta and I'm terrible there (k:d well below 1).

I'd describe my playstyle as fairly cowardly: If I know someone is coming my way on the radar, I never engage directly and preferably hide around a corner to surprise them while they're currently dashing forward;
if I'm below ~60% HP I immediately (unless I'm in a 1v1 duel) boost away and hide behind allies.

But I wouldn't be surprised if I mainly got to play newbies. Especially on the second day, people were fairly conservative with their use of boosting (especially Sharpshooters), taking rockets to the face like champs and some were jumping/floating around weirdly (eating TOWs when landing since it takes 'forever' to go from landing to actually being able to move).

I'm looking forward to play with/against some of the better people here at later betas (and actually do some TDMs). I only remember heaving the pleasure to do so with Conquistador.

#35 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted November 03 2012 - 08:38 AM

I wouldn't say that's playing cowardly...it's playing smart because your thinking before you act. And my buddy Conquistador speaks highly of you too :)
He's fun to play with, would be good to have you with us sometime.
Posted Image

#36 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 03 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostZeForte, on November 03 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

Only played Siege/Missle and DM once (24:4 there and everyone was Assault), no TS group, no leaving before match end (unless it was a disconnect, which happened around three times).
I'm not even sure what's happening here myself; the only FPS I've ever played were CS:S and Planetside 2 beta and I'm terrible there (k:d well below 1).
With all the new players, if you have the inclination and skill, you can very easily carry a team.
I know that Beemann, before his graphics card died, was on an epic win streak. I'm not actually sure if he had lost any matches...

Once they get the matchmaker working and people become more experienced, I bet you can kiss those W/L ratios goodbye. :P

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#37 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostZeForte, on November 03 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

I'd describe my playstyle as fairly cowardly: If I know someone is coming my way on the radar, I never engage directly and preferably hide around a corner to surprise them while they're currently dashing forward;
if I'm below ~60% HP I immediately (unless I'm in a 1v1 duel) boost away and hide behind allies.

But I wouldn't be surprised if I mainly got to play newbies. Especially on the second day, people were fairly conservative with their use of boosting (especially Sharpshooters), taking rockets to the face like champs and some were jumping/floating around weirdly (eating TOWs when landing since it takes 'forever' to go from landing to actually being able to move).

I'm looking forward to play with/against some of the better people here at later betas (and actually do some TDMs). I only remember heaving the pleasure to do so with Conquistador.
Yeah, you definitely lucked out then. "Cowardly" is kind of smart, but in closer matches, that's definitely not a playstyle you can sustain. :P

Chalk that win ratio up to a hell of a lot of luck then, I suppose, that you got put on the stronger team nearly nine times out of ten.

#38 Prodygy

Prodygy

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIllal

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 02 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

View PostProdygy, on November 01 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Suicides are possible; have a nice day.

Yep, I forgot about that. I should know; I've suicided 40+ times :P

Edit: Doesn't that put the K/D ratio slightly below 1_ A death without a kill_

Edited by Prodygy, November 10 2012 - 08:55 PM.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." - Winston Churchill

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshot, Beta, Award, Clan, Review

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users