HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Turrets State / Spy Camera / Co-op Mode / Custom Maps

Beta Forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: What suggestions do you agree_ (4 member(s) have cast votes)

What suggestions do you agree_

1. 1 (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. 2 (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

3. 3 (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

4. 4 (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Grayk

Grayk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 31 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hey Hawkeners!

First of all, thanks a lot for this Hawken closed beta, it was an unforgettable experience! :-)

I've had lots of ideas to improve the Hawken game experience and to extend the lifetime of this amazing game.

Will number my ideas!

Accessories :
1) Turrets State : Display HP turrets in the mecha cockpit and optionally display their number of kills. Already proposed! :-)
2)* Spy Camera : Attached to a wall to spy the enemies. Useful for monitoring a silo.
1 and 2 illustration :
Spoiler

Miscellaneous :
3) Co-op mode : All the players against a common bot enemy to develop teamwork, and to help beginners.
4)* Custom Maps : And the best (but by far the most difficult) for the end! Creating maps using a "sandbox" (or UDK) for players.

Here is another suggestion that seems necessary ;-) : http://community.pla...hat-box-needed/

The Hawken Community rocks! :-)

My English is not perfect, my apologies.
* : Very optional (or almost impossible) ideas.

Edited by Grayk, November 01 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#2 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted October 31 2012 - 08:38 PM

I really like suggestions 1 and 2 a lot, and I like where you placed them on-screen as well. Co-op is not something I'm too interested in unless its co-op campaign, in which case I'm all over it. Custom maps...too far out. I think that would be really difficult to implement and not very heavily used.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#3 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:36 PM

Really digging the spybot idea!

Also similar to your idea 1, I think hologram should give feedback when it is being attacked by someone (similar in some way how the middle of your screen blinks yellow when a turret is hitting someone). Also it wouldn't be a bad idea for feedback on when it gets destroyed.

I think right now hologram is/will be one of the least used items because it becomes fairly obvious it is a fake. What about one of these options:
-Have hologram mimic all gun firing actions whenever you attack (it wouldn't actually fire anything, just look like it is firing in place. It already mimics you kneeling to repair, so why not_)
-Incorporate the spybot idea into the hologram (sees forward of wherever you place it)

edit: I kept saying spybot when I meant spy cam. If the hologram were more realistic such as in my first example and gave feedback to you, I think this will improve it enough to not have the spy cam function put into it (function as a separate item).

Here is another idea for an item that incorporates usage of the map.
Scanner sweep: 2 scans given. Satellites scan the map for enemy mechs giving you their position displayed in the map for a few brief seconds before the red dot signals disappear. Useful for strategic intelligence.

Edited by Culex, October 31 2012 - 10:49 PM.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#4 Grayk

Grayk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:12 AM

View Postmarshalade, on October 31 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

I really like suggestions 1 and 2 a lot, and I like where you placed them on-screen as well. Co-op is not something I'm too interested in unless its co-op campaign, in which case I'm all over it. Custom maps...too far out. I think that would be really difficult to implement and not very heavily used.
Hi marshalade
It's true that co-op would be more 'solo focused' in a multiplayer game, but could be great to fight together against a common ennemy and diversify game modes.
I admit for custom maps, it is almost an utopia! :-)
Thanks for your constructive comments!

View PostCulex, on October 31 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Really digging the spybot idea!

Also similar to your idea 1, I think hologram should give feedback when it is being attacked by someone (similar in some way how the middle of your screen blinks yellow when a turret is hitting someone). Also it wouldn't be a bad idea for feedback on when it gets destroyed.

I think right now hologram is/will be one of the least used items because it becomes fairly obvious it is a fake. What about one of these options:
-Have hologram mimic all gun firing actions whenever you attack (it wouldn't actually fire anything, just look like it is firing in place. It already mimics you kneeling to repair, so why not_)
-Incorporate the spybot idea into the hologram (sees forward of wherever you place it)

edit: I kept saying spybot when I meant spy cam. If the hologram were more realistic such as in my first example and gave feedback to you, I think this will improve it enough to not have the spy cam function put into it (function as a separate item).

Here is another idea for an item that incorporates usage of the map.
Scanner sweep: 2 scans given. Satellites scan the map for enemy mechs giving you their position displayed in the map for a few brief seconds before the red dot signals disappear. Useful for strategic intelligence.
Hi Culex!
I totally agree with you. :-)
Hologram is not really useful, and developers could combine spycam and hologram with a specific item.

Thank you! :-)

PS : I think the scanner already exists, am I wrong_ It was called 'radar' or something like that, but I'm not sure...

Edited by Grayk, November 01 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#5 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 07:55 AM

I havn't used the radar item, only the radar scrambler. I could be wrong, but I think the radar item only picks up enemy signals in the region where you place it. It is limited by a radius however it lasts until it is destroyed.

The scanner sweep would give you all enemy signals on the entire map for a few seconds in your map bind (not just your close distance radar). This way if for example in siege or missile you want to know where/how many of the enemy is headed for a node or AA, you can perform a sweep and share this info with your team through voip. Or you can set up ambushes if you jump the enemy where they are headed.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#6 Grayk

Grayk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted November 01 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostCulex, on November 01 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

I havn't used the radar item, only the radar scrambler. I could be wrong, but I think the radar item only picks up enemy signals in the region where you place it. It is limited by a radius however it lasts until it is destroyed.

The scanner sweep would give you all enemy signals on the entire map for a few seconds in your map bind (not just your close distance radar). This way if for example in siege or missile you want to know where/how many of the enemy is headed for a node or AA, you can perform a sweep and share this info with your team through voip. Or you can set up ambushes if you jump the enemy where they are headed.

Yes, I think you're right, the radar is just local. ;-)
The scanner sweep would be, indeed, a great idea!
You should start a new topic for this suggestion.

Edited by Grayk, November 01 2012 - 08:45 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users