HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Release on Steam_

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

Poll: Hawken Release on Steam_ (1625 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see Hawken released on Steam period_ {updated}

1. Yes (1439 votes [88.55%])

Percentage of vote: 88.55%

2. No (186 votes [11.45%])

Percentage of vote: 11.45%

Should Hawken be released on multiple platforms_

1. Yes (958 votes [58.95%])

Percentage of vote: 58.95%

2. No (667 votes [41.05%])

Percentage of vote: 41.05%

If Hawken was released on multiple platforms which one would you most likely use_

1. Steam (1280 votes [78.77%])

Percentage of vote: 78.77%

2. Xbox LIVE (62 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

3. Origin (8 votes [0.49%])

Percentage of vote: 0.49%

4. YuPlay (1 votes [0.06%])

Percentage of vote: 0.06%

5. Garena+ (1 votes [0.06%])

Percentage of vote: 0.06%

6. Machinima (3 votes [0.18%])

Percentage of vote: 0.18%

7. DeNA (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Standalone {launcher for Hawken exclusively} (199 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

9. Other (71 votes [4.37%])

Percentage of vote: 4.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Baslok

Baslok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Locationruhrpott

Posted November 18 2012 - 01:18 AM

http://community.pla...e__show__st__40

http://community.pla...l/page__st__140

Posted Image

#22 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:40 AM

Vote, vote, vote! Let your voices be heard! Steam is clearly a players coice above all others! :D

#23 DethBrand

DethBrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostTristansGamertag, on November 10 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

I voted yes, so it would get more popularity and downloads. But my debate is you can just add it to Steam for yourself, that's what I did.

There you go, add it to Steam yourself so the rest of us don't have to put up with the random annoyances that come with it.

#24 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostDethBrand, on November 20 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

There you go, add it to Steam yourself so the rest of us don't have to put up with the random annoyances that come with it.

I personally never had experienced random Steam annoyances.
Just great battles and fond memories.

#25 Ruzhyo

Ruzhyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'd like to see Hawken on Steam at launch, because I know that it will result in more players playing Hawken. The scrubs will come and go, and  Meteor will make some money off of them, but there are also a lot of mech fans out there that don't have any idea Hawken exists. And without a platform like Steam to give Hawken some publicity many of them will never even hear about the game or try it. The amount of good long-term players that a platform like Steam brings in will easily make up for the chaff, which you'll find in any game regardless.

So for the good of the game I'd like to be playing for some time to come, please release on Steam!

Posted Image

#26 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 12:49 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all those american players! I heard it was Wednesday. up here in canada ours is Sunday/Monday.enjoy that middle of the week off for those that took it ;)

#27 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted November 22 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostRuzhyo, on November 20 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

I'd like to see Hawken on Steam at launch, because I know that it will result in more players playing Hawken. The scrubs will come and go, and  Meteor will make some money off of them, but there are also a lot of mech fans out there that don't have any idea Hawken exists. And without a platform like Steam to give Hawken some publicity many of them will never even hear about the game or try it. The amount of good long-term players that a platform like Steam brings in will easily make up for the chaff, which you'll find in any game regardless.

So for the good of the game I'd like to be playing for some time to come, please release on Steam!

exactly this.
couldnt agree more.

the game would get WAY more spotlight on steam
"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#28 DeVact

DeVact

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Locationall over the place

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:35 PM

Personally I'm not really fond of steam as it restricts players in a lot of ways (forced native language, no uncut versions for certain countries, etc.). Also I'm really paranoid about steam just cancelling their service and not being able to play anymore at all! (but that's just me... :ph34r: )

DarkPulse said:

... less than witnessing Elvis crash a UFO into the Loch Ness Monster, seeing Bigfoot crawl out of the smoking wreckage, opening a wormhole in space, and then getting picked up by ET, Lando Calrissian, and an Arilou Lalee'Lay in the Space Battleship Yamato.

Posted Image

#29 DethBrand

DethBrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on November 20 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

View PostDethBrand, on November 20 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I personally never had experienced random Steam annoyances.
Just great battles and fond memories.

So many epic battles that I do miss, but they were the reason the spam started, people in clans start to notice you, random people who think they pwn & other people who just randomly add you because you were able to cover them & keep them alive. You know why I've never played TF2_ Because I was a boss in TF1 & people wouldn't leave me alone. I use to be on steam all the time even if I wasn't playing a game. It was enough of an annoyance back then before it was all popular, now I try to avoid it as much as possible.

#30 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted November 22 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostDethBrand, on November 16 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

God I hate Steam.. It's like a black hole for spam when I just want to play a game.

"Play this game with me."
"Play on this server with me."
"i r teh 1337 i pwn u any game."
"Bill, is that you_"
"Join my clan for this game."
"Join my clan for that game."
"Are you the same guy from this game_"
"Now you can get this game you've never heard of before for 20% off! BUY IT!"

#$&% off! I just want to play leave me alone!  .... Yeah, I would avoid this game on steam. -.-

This just made my day ... please play a game with me as I am absolutely sure you are hilarious.
Posted Image

#31 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostD3thpool, on November 22 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

exactly this.
couldnt agree more.

Actually no it would not.  League of Legends is the most played game in the world right now ... and it is not on Steam.  You can clearly be successful without Steam.    Stop asking this game to restrict itself by being put on Steam.
Posted Image

#32 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostD3thpool, on November 22 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

exactly this.
couldnt agree more.

If people aren't hearing about Hawken then they have a problem.  It has been covered on Youtube, Kotaku, G4, Yahoo, and every other gamer news outlet.   Once people start playing it will spread like wild fire .... How do I know this_ Because there are already over 100k registered users on the website and its not even in Open Beta yet.
Posted Image

#33 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostSmaCkexe, on November 22 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

If people aren't hearing about Hawken then they have a problem.  It has been covered on Youtube, Kotaku, G4, Yahoo, and every other gamer news outlet.   Once people start playing it will spread like wild fire .... How do I know this_ Because there are already over 100k registered users on the website and its not even in Open Beta yet.
People on Steam are in the millions compared to 100,000+ players here. Many don't hear about it beacuse unless it's put in front of them they never get exposed to it.
Hawken players are playing hawken instead of inviting non-playing friends to install it and join them 'cause alot just wanna play the game not recruit.
People playing Black Ops 2 are not playing Hawken 'cause they don't see Hawken as they are playing Black Ops 2.
Steam is a perfect buffer for this.
Daily when i log in to Steam I get a "screamsheet" with links to the daily hottest deals and upcoming games. Some of the best games i have I found out through that exact spotlight. I initially logged in to Steam to play one game and wound up finding another. I also played Tribes:Ascend before it was on Steam. Finding it available through Steam I couldn't not add it to my library.
The smooth integration of the player lists and such keep me a loyal Steam fan.

I'll bet based on the Stats of the poll i have over 70% of the players that would back me up on that,

#34 DethBrand

DethBrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:07 AM

Even before Minecraft was put on Xbox 360 it was one of the most popular indie games out and still is. It currently it has over 8 million PC sales, and set records that it still holds when it came out on xbox.. It's not on Steam. The Minecraft community made that happen. I've invited 4 people to play this game because I only know 4 people with machines that can even run it, 2 of them didn't have time, the other 2 I can't even play with till the server list is back. -.-

Really hate to use this one, but the same can be said about Runescape, even tho I hate that game you can't say steam is what gave it popularity, again it was the community.

Screamsheet.. Haha, kinda funny what they call ads there. When I log onto YouTube I get tons of awesome gaming vids from MMO Bomb & MMO Hut alone, and those are just free games... Just wondering I haven't looked at the fuzzy bunny they post on steam in a long time, but do they have any info about C&C's F2P game that should be out hopefully late 2013_ I just want to get an idea of how far the "Screamsheet" goes.

Steam might spread the word a little more, but true Gamers (not the Players the mainstream calls gamers) will always hear about awesome games. Gaming Communities hold more power then you seem to give them credit for. =/

And player lists_ Come on really_ Hahahaha. I had to laugh at the because I don't have time for lists when I'm trying to kill things. =P

View PostSmaCkexe, on November 22 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

This just made my day ... please play a game with me as I am absolutely sure you are hilarious.
=P
Naa dude, I'm just some crazy purple guy. You must be sober. =P

#35 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted November 23 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostSmaCkexe, on November 22 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Actually no it would not.  League of Legends is the most played game in the world right now ... and it is not on Steam.  You can clearly be successful without Steam. Stop asking this game to restrict itself by being put on Steam.

restrict itself_

you do know how league of legends got its playerbase that it has now_
hell, even in open beta there where ads on various sites (non gaming related, such as flirt-sites), later extensive gaming media coverage also price tourneys etc, major booths on gaming conventions etc.

Hawken hasnt even a third of this coverage, also the mech-genre in general isnt that popular or fotm like the moba-genre,

sure word of mouth helps, see minecraft which gained a HUGE blast of popularity on 4chans /v/ because notch (developer) used to come there in the early stages of alpha & some time during beta development & stream himself playing & answering stuff.

i guess you do know how many people frequent 4chan every day, so a massive playerbase(also a great sum of income) was garanteed.

but a f2p game like hawken, which needs atleast some money to survive in the long run wouldnt hurt or restrict itself to be on steam.
if not, then it would need atleast a greater spotlight somewhere to gain enough paying customers as stated before, because the game cant run on good will alone.
sure the game has quite some registered user now, but u cant take them as granted to stay/spend money in the game.

Edited by D3thpool, November 23 2012 - 02:58 AM.

"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#36 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think the term "Screamsheet needs some clarification:
The "Screamsheet" term is a coined term from Cyberpunk 2020 by R.Talsorian Games; One of the best papertop RPG's ever imagined.

The Screamsheet was news subscription faxed to you as it happens {aka: screaming hot off the press!}

Once a day when I log in to Steam they give me the "daily specials" before I see my games list. As they are "screaming hot deals" I borrowed my favorite RPG's lingo and called it a "Screamsheet".

Sorry about the confusion.

#37 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 27 2012 - 02:22 PM

meh
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#38 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 10:25 PM

Current Poll count:
Would you like to see Hawken released on Steam {12/12/12}_
  • Yes (151 votes [83.43%])
    Percentage of vote: 83.43%
  • No (30 votes [16.57%])
    Percentage of vote: 16.57%

Should Hawken be released on multiple platforms_
  • Yes (113 votes [62.43%])
    Percentage of vote: 62.43%
  • No (68 votes [37.57%])
    Percentage of vote: 37.57%

If Hawken was released on multiple platforms which one would you most likely use_
  • Steam (132 votes [72.93%])
    Percentage of vote: 72.93%
  • Xbox LIVE (5 votes [2.76%])
    Percentage of vote: 2.76%
  • Origin (1 votes [0.55%])
    Percentage of vote: 0.55%
  • YuPlay (1 votes [0.55%])
    Percentage of vote: 0.55%
  • Garena+ (0 votes [0.00%])
  • Machinima (0 votes [0.00%])
  • DeNA (0 votes [0.00%])
  • Standalone {launcher for Hawken exclusively} (35 votes [19.34%])
    Percentage of vote: 19.34%
  • Other (7 votes [3.87%])
Keep on voting folks! let your voice be heard!

#39 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 11:10 PM

I voted no for all. I hate this "If it isn't on Steam, it won't sell" mentality game makers seem to have and I hate the "if it isn't on Steam I won't buy it" mentality that too many gamers have.
Desert Fox

#40 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted November 29 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on November 18 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Personally I think Steam is an excellent route to go.

Seriously look at the poll results.

The players want Steam. Can you blame them_ Steam is probably the best known globally.

Why not Steam_ if nothing else is is the most recognizable.
I agree. I mean, all good PC games will eventually end up on Steam, because Steam is pretty much PC gaming itself.

Edited by The_Eldritch_Abomination, November 29 2012 - 11:16 PM.

< TEXT-FIELD >

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users