HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Release on Steam_

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

Poll: Hawken Release on Steam_ (1625 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see Hawken released on Steam period_ {updated}

1. Yes (1439 votes [88.55%])

Percentage of vote: 88.55%

2. No (186 votes [11.45%])

Percentage of vote: 11.45%

Should Hawken be released on multiple platforms_

1. Yes (958 votes [58.95%])

Percentage of vote: 58.95%

2. No (667 votes [41.05%])

Percentage of vote: 41.05%

If Hawken was released on multiple platforms which one would you most likely use_

1. Steam (1280 votes [78.77%])

Percentage of vote: 78.77%

2. Xbox LIVE (62 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

3. Origin (8 votes [0.49%])

Percentage of vote: 0.49%

4. YuPlay (1 votes [0.06%])

Percentage of vote: 0.06%

5. Garena+ (1 votes [0.06%])

Percentage of vote: 0.06%

6. Machinima (3 votes [0.18%])

Percentage of vote: 0.18%

7. DeNA (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Standalone {launcher for Hawken exclusively} (199 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

9. Other (71 votes [4.37%])

Percentage of vote: 4.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 JawaJesus

JawaJesus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 07:54 PM

Pathogen, it could be like War Thunder. I'm positive you can still play War Thunder with their independent launcher as downloaded from warthunder.com, even though they have adopted Steam as well. So as long as the devs of Hawken follow a similar path (if they chose to run with Steam) at all, your fears will not be fulfilled.

Edited by JawaJesus, January 12 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#242 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted January 23 2014 - 09:57 PM

Was there any news about a STEAM union on the cockpit_ {any links would be helpful}

#243 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted January 25 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on January 23 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

Was there any news about a STEAM union on the cockpit_ {any links would be helpful}
no

- lok'tar ogar -

#244 Taithrah

Taithrah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 04:15 AM

Seems they are definitely going to be dropping Hawken on steam sometime soon.

http://steamdb.info/app/271290/

#245 KeramatZMode

KeramatZMode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted February 04 2014 - 05:03 AM

There's group support.
There's friendlist support. Which they would easily connect with and promote hawken on the fly.
You can say how awful Steam is, but really, Steam just works and everyone use them.

And if there's workshop support, PROBABLY, adhesive wont need to worry on revenues and there wont be any short on adding more contents.

I know some of my friends wanted to jump into hawken, but then again, the "progression" and levelling system grinding what makes them turn a blind eye on F2P games nowadays (because of their experience in WOT, MWO, WarThunder). In my humble opinion, if they added/implemented Steam Workshop it would be nice.

>>Artdump Thread|Moe-fied Mechs<<Posted Image
CIRNO BAKA MK-3 scout | ULTRAGUNNER vanguard | BETA-REMOVER berserker | WANZER rocketeer | NINEBALLIN' raider

#246 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted February 04 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostKeramatZMode, on February 04 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

There's group support.
There's friendlist support. Which they would easily connect with and promote hawken on the fly.
I would not say easily, but yeah. :)

View PostKeramatZMode, on February 04 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

And if there's workshop support, PROBABLY, adhesive wont need to worry on revenues and there wont be any short on adding more contents.

I know some of my friends wanted to jump into hawken, but then again, the "progression" and levelling system grinding what makes them turn a blind eye on F2P games nowadays (because of their experience in WOT, MWO, WarThunder). In my humble opinion, if they added/implemented Steam Workshop it would be nice.
YES! GIVE ME WORKSHOP SUPPORT FOR HAWKEN PLEASE!

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#247 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:57 AM

If you don't want to use steam to launch the game, because you don't like the interface or think that steam has an impact on your system performance. Then when the time comes, don't download it on steam, download it from the playhawken website. If steam integration happens it will probably be really that simple of a decision. It has been for many other games who have decided to release on steam after beta.

Games like WarThunder, Warframe, PathofExile, etc all have stand alone launchers/clients that you can download from their websites. I highly doubt Hawken will go Steam only, especially since they have already put the time and effort into making a standalone client/launcher(updater). In fact all steam really does for many games (like warthunder, planetside 2, warframe, pathofexile,etc) is integrate them into the steam interface and allow you to use their servers to download the game client (in some cases just the game launcher, in which you download the client from). You'll notice that when you double click on those games in your steam library, it brings up...wait for it....wait for it....the same standalone launcher/updater you would get if you downloaded the game from the developers site!

Many of you seem to be complaining about...a problem that doesn't actually exist for many games and will probably never exist for Hawken. Will Hawken launch on steam after 1.0_ Probably, it would make a lot of sense to launch on steam. Especially since more than half the community would support the decision, and millions of gamers would see the Hawken banner on the steam storefront page for a week or two. So if you are anti steam, and I have no idea why you would be, you might want to get used to the idea of Hawken, most likely, being available on steam at release.

Also, future release on ps4 plz, or steambox, I'd be cool with steambox (aka steambox controller support)_

Edited by CounterlogicMan, February 04 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#248 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 01:39 AM

My Dream Come True!

It's finally happening! TGFS! {thank god for steam}

We did it. We spoke and they listened. Steam is finally happening!
This wasn't possible without the votes!

Thanks for the input everyone!
And Many thanks to team Hawken for making this great game available on Steam!

#249 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 08:11 AM

Yeah I am eating my words on it probably being available outside of steam as well. Must have been a really nice deal they struck regarding back end services.

I hope this means we will enjoy steam servers rather than AWS.

#250 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 11:43 AM

For the people that say Steam is a resource hog... Try switching the "always keep this game up to date" feature off.
Only keep the auto game update feature for games you currently play.
It makes loading Steam faster and stops the launcher platform from "searching for updates" unnecessarily.

This should help people with older computers.

#251 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 05 2014 - 12:39 PM

Well, looks like than in my case ill dont have any other choice to run that thing, just expecting than that thing dont act as the same case as Starforce DRM, the thing are included in Lock On Modern Air Combat, many years ago in a previous build the thing destroyed my CD DRIVE, but what the companies does in cases like that when the product cause an unforeseen consequence of usage, simple make mute about it, since they dont like negative feedback in anyway, in case of ubisoft it's worse, hell still hating them for disabling H.A.W.X Servers.

¿Steam DRM is invasive_

¿How Adhesive can guarante than the game will be in the DRM-Free area of Steam_.

¿Dual Support in the future_, Planetside 2 have it and there no issues between the two launchers.

I'll sended a message to ZC for answer but looks like than are too busy with the migration and he dont respond.

Well just wishing than this change make the game to lift, because we need really more people. but what is the sacrifice for it, still having my doubts dont want to be ubber optimistic.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#252 digitaldemon

digitaldemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 05 2014 - 02:46 PM

I have never understood the concern over Steam and resources. I've been using it for 10 years and have never had a problem. I've benchmarked with it running and still got the expected results. It's running right now and using 30 megs of memory. Once it's loaded into memory, that's it.

I'm super glad Hawken is coming to Steam. The community features and back end services alone are worth it.

#253 1madmouse

1madmouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

Posted February 05 2014 - 10:59 PM

Have you guys tried Steam support_  Don't hold your breath. I have about 170 gig of games at Steam,  so I know how Valve is. I would hate to see this great game go down the tubes for Im not sure what the reason to go to Steam is,  I just like it as stand alone.  I watched TF2 degrade slowly, too bad.  Do the  Devs want us to pay_  I don't see what the advantage is other than we will have to deal with a bunch of COD people wanting a shooter.  Oh and when you want to play,  you have to wait while Steam is updating something like their client or another game.  I have never had a problem with Hawken,  its always good to go.

#254 1madmouse

1madmouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

Posted February 05 2014 - 11:04 PM

Looks like you will only be able to play on Steam. I can't play until I get my " Steam " key.  Great.

#255 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 07:46 AM

Exposure, exposure, exposure. The game will probably get featured on the main page, thousands of people will download it, meaning more people will play, more people will spend money in the game. It's just that simple people. Not many people know Hawken exists, putting it on Steam gives it a really good chance of getting big. And Steams new features that are in the pipeline are drool worthy, like streaming Steam games to any pc in the house, like say a mac book air, while your main rig does the heavy lifting. Playing hawken in my underwear in my bed on my laptop sounds like it could be neat.

Edited by Superkamikazee, February 06 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#256 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 08:55 PM

When is the official Big Roll Out for Steam_

#257 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 09 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on February 08 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

When is the official Big Roll Out for Steam_

taken from: https://community.pl...te-patch-notes/

It's important to note that the information here represents the FULL patch for our Steam Update. The version you are currently playing is feature complete, but does not have the Incinerator, Bunker or the other new content listed here available yet. We plan on releasing our full content patch for the Steam Update within the next two weeks. More information on the timeframe for that release will be forthcoming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users