HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Release on Steam_

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

Poll: Hawken Release on Steam_ (1625 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see Hawken released on Steam period_ {updated}

1. Yes (1439 votes [88.55%])

Percentage of vote: 88.55%

2. No (186 votes [11.45%])

Percentage of vote: 11.45%

Should Hawken be released on multiple platforms_

1. Yes (958 votes [58.95%])

Percentage of vote: 58.95%

2. No (667 votes [41.05%])

Percentage of vote: 41.05%

If Hawken was released on multiple platforms which one would you most likely use_

1. Steam (1280 votes [78.77%])

Percentage of vote: 78.77%

2. Xbox LIVE (62 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

3. Origin (8 votes [0.49%])

Percentage of vote: 0.49%

4. YuPlay (1 votes [0.06%])

Percentage of vote: 0.06%

5. Garena+ (1 votes [0.06%])

Percentage of vote: 0.06%

6. Machinima (3 votes [0.18%])

Percentage of vote: 0.18%

7. DeNA (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Standalone {launcher for Hawken exclusively} (199 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

9. Other (71 votes [4.37%])

Percentage of vote: 4.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 GSamurai

GSamurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 01:19 AM

I don't know if you guys understand what a survey is, but when you name a thread "Hawken Release On Steam" you can expect a biased sample to view the 'survey' and the bias renders your sample useless. Also your questions are slanted to draw the right answer. Best Answer is that they should make their money and stay off steam if they can handle it and they clearly can handle it.

#42 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postz121231211, on November 29 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

I voted no for all. I hate this "If it isn't on Steam, it won't sell" mentality game makers seem to have and I hate the "if it isn't on Steam I won't buy it" mentality that too many gamers have.
It isn't a "If it's not on Steam it won't sell" or a "If it's not on Steam I won't buy it" mentality either.

It's about gettting a large player base quickly and more gamers means more revenue.

I play MWO and it's independent platform. The MWO community does not have a "large enough" player base. It's the same battles with the same players over and over. Should this also be a fate shared by Hawken_
On the other hand WOT has a way larger base of players to draw on. For me I find WOT horizontally limited. Hawken is much better making use of 3D movements, vertical tactics and "surprize" terrain attacks.

I still feel Steam being a well known and respected game delivery system would be right for expansion of the player base. My little forums provides the statistics that I am not alone.

The Hawken forum votes {a currently private gaming community} clearly show over 80% of the votes cast in favor of a Steam launch {preferably 12/12/12}.

Some people want it for the community element, others for the message system, and still others for the opt to join game option...
The list goes on and on. Whatever the reason, Steam is in demand of the majority players minds and therefore makes business sense to move in that direction. :D

View PostGSamurai, on November 30 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

I don't know if you guys understand what a survey is, but when you name a thread "Hawken Release On Steam" you can expect a biased sample to view the 'survey' and the bias renders your sample useless. Also your questions are slanted to draw the right answer. Best Answer is that they should make their money and stay off steam if they can handle it and they clearly can handle it.
If you read the survey "bias" others have also and clearly share your view.
As they are adamant that Steam is not the direction to go and probably have voted no.

In a poll there is no right or wrong. Assuming the players that have voted are not mindless half-wits they would vote their educated conscience rendering any bias null.

The only bias I see is the choice to vote on as topic that interests you or not.

Let your voices be heard!
Vote at your leisure and if it moves you, make your opinions known.

Edited by Spliff_Craven, November 30 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#43 Lorenzitto

Lorenzitto

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted December 01 2012 - 08:23 AM

hope to dont see any Games For Windows Live Garbage,  i expect just steam achievements and xFire support!

#44 GuGz

GuGz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted December 03 2012 - 06:49 AM

Would like to see this on PS3!!! :D

#45 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostGuGz, on December 03 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

If I'm not mistaken it was originally designed for XBox360.

Something went south and it never came out.
Regardless I'm so glad they are bringing it to us on PC. This game rocks! :D

#46 theLAgunner240

theLAgunner240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 05:46 PM

steam will get a lot of people, but not the people you want. just like on consoles...

#47 Sandvichman

Sandvichman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted December 06 2012 - 09:26 AM

Steam! <3

#48 GuGz

GuGz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted December 07 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on December 04 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostGuGz, on December 03 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

If I'm not mistaken it was originally designed for XBox360.

Something went south and it never came out.
Regardless I'm so glad they are bringing it to us on PC. This game rocks! :D

ya but I'm sure it would run way better on PS3 and look better. Plus you don't have to pay for online(like live =.=)! But would love to see it on steam tho! :lol:

#49 cactuarcactatus

cactuarcactatus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 08 2012 - 03:09 AM

I do not care what other people thinks, I definitely welcome it on Steam.

Posted Image

#50 nanocage

nanocage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNRW

Posted December 08 2012 - 12:28 PM

The main question for me is, if Hawken is only distributed over Steam or if it's fully integrated in the system. Will you still require a Meteor account for Hawken or is Steam enough_
In Blacklight:Retribution you need to additionally log into your Perfect World account, even if you launch the game via the Steam UI. Gotham City Impostors on the other hand is fully integrated into Steam with DLC. It doesn't necessarily need a registration to WB Interactive. The registration is optional though.
I hope Hawken keeps the Meteor accounts on Steam. Gotham City Impostors pissed people off with their transition from GfWL to Steam, because nothing was transferable.

c12c3c4c5c1c6c7c8c2c9c1c3c2c3c4c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c9c8c9c1c2c1c2c3c4c3c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c8c9c1c1c2c3c2c4c5c6c3c7c8c1c23

#51 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 08 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hawken on Steam_... Unlikely, I'm afraid.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#52 YubinTheBunny

YubinTheBunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 08 2012 - 02:39 PM

If Hawken were to make it on steam, there's going to be a huge influx of players joining. Now good thing or a bad thing...I don't know but it will make finding this game easier

Posted Image

Want to Apply to Phoenix_: http://thephoenixrepublic.com/forums

#53 Tzukasa

Tzukasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 08:12 AM

I personally hate steam. Its a bs program with a terrible interface. However I WOULD like Hawken to be on there (NOT steamworks/forced to use steam!) but simply available there as one possible place to get it. Why_ More exposure & more players plan and simple. The game can and will do fine if it doesn't ever go on steam. But its a fact there will be more ppl playing if the added exposure of being on steam happens.

As far as "other platforms" I take it you mean besides PC. To this I say, HELL NO. Absolutely Not. Console gamers are, I'm sorry, morons that wouldn't know a good game if it tickled their scrode and I don't want yet another good game ruined by catering to that simple minded "what I cant mash one button and win_!" crowd.

Edited by Tzukasa, December 09 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#54 Valance

Valance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'd love seeing this game get more exposure. I'd like for it to be on Steam just so it can get more exposure, but it's definitely not necessary. As for other options, I'd go PS3 (considering I don't have an 360 and that the network is free).

#55 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 01:58 PM

steam= trolls and squeeker children that cheat all day long hawken+steam= the end of hawken for good players and the begining of troll/cheater time for idiots. But of course no one will listen and a year from now you wont be able to enter even a single game with out some cheater seen it before just saying.

#56 ZHRGG

ZHRGG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 02:19 PM

While I don't mind seeing Hawken being released on multiple platforms including consoles, just bear in mind that console players will simply get slaughtered by PC players, cuing a giant wave of tears. This isn't made up. When it comes to shooters console gamers will pretty much be helpless against PC gamers.

#57 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostZHRGG, on December 11 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

...just bear in mind that console players will simply get slaughtered by PC players... When it comes to shooters console gamers will pretty much be helpless against PC gamers.
Why do people think that_ I have played both and I have seen console gamers do just as well competetively as PC gamers.

I have seen both camps play like they had ADHD & tweakin' out a rush of sugar, coffee and cigarettes.

#58 AzureShadow

AzureShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:26 PM

I think he means console players actually playing on a console spliff. There have actually been a handful of games that have tried a multiplatform online play where pc players can play console players. In the games like that the console players really do get slaughtered, a keyboard and mouse gives you a huge boost of control over a controller and as such gives a huge advantage. I can't think of the name of the games but I know a few xbox 360 tried cross platform online play and literally professional gamers were getting taken down by mediocre pc gamers because of that gap in control.

#59 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostAzureShadow, on December 11 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

I think he means console players actually playing on a console spliff. There have actually been a handful of games that have tried a multiplatform online play where pc players can play console players. In the games like that the console players really do get slaughtered, a keyboard and mouse gives you a huge boost of control over a controller and as such gives a huge advantage. I can't think of the name of the games but I know a few xbox 360 tried cross platform online play and literally professional gamers were getting taken down by mediocre pc gamers because of that gap in control.
I think it's more so the dedication Of PC Players over Console gamers.
Personally, I do find Console gamers more "casual" than PC players. But like I said I have met exceptions.
Agreed they are exceptions not the rule.

#60 Furlock

Furlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostDethBrand, on November 16 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

God I hate Steam.. It's like a black hole for spam when I just want to play a game.

"Play this game with me."
"Play on this server with me."
"i r teh 1337 i pwn u any game."
"Bill, is that you_"
"Join my clan for this game."
"Join my clan for that game."
"Are you the same guy from this game_"
"Now you can get this game you've never heard of before for 20% off! BUY IT!"

#$&% off! I just want to play leave me alone!  .... Yeah, I would avoid this game on steam. -.-

Someone clearly doesn't understand how to set his profile to private, ignore/block people, and set his status to offline.  Don't blame Steam for a PEBKAC issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users