HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#101 ingway

ingway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationShreveport, LA

Posted February 09 2012 - 06:41 PM

ingway here - good to meet you all. great to see the community coming together already.

a little about me.

my handle is a bastardization of Yngwie Malmsteen ... a rather talented if overly gaudy guitarist. when i was a teenager and just out of the house - i got a subscription to High Times, a pro-marijuana magazine ... but was paranoid enough to come up with a false identity for plausible deniability. I've since dropped the subscription but kept the handle (as well as the weed) and have maintained if for well over a decade.

I've been involved in a plethora of BETA testing ... everything from obscure games to mainstream games for years. My first beta testing experience in 2001 was Battletech 3025 and it really snowballed from there. My most recent BETA involvement has been with Star Wars and currently Diablo III.

I'm a host for a local gaming community which is just starting to pick up, but it's always a lot of fun. Mostly just catering to the bar-going console gamers, but regardless it's a reason to get out of house once a week and annoy the shit out our local redneck population.

While I do support gaming in all forms I'm primarily a PC gamer and have been since i made the transition from Super Nintendo to DOS. In my heart of hearts I feel console gaming has caused a severe backlash in the direction of gaming ... showing more emphasis on hype over creative new game play or evolution of abilities due to lack of capability with current gen consoles. However, this also means I support a minority of the gaming market and my opinion is initially squelched in that respect.

I've been keeping up with Hawken for a little while now and have to say that I'm SO READY to have another mech game come to light. With the few and far between mech-related games released these days, you get this sinking feeling that it's no longer cool to jump into a massive machine and wreak havoc. Here's hoping for some great matches with everyone and hopes that I can help the development on one of my most beloved franchises - MASSIVE KILLING MACHINES!
that which you know is less than that which you do not.

#102 Stranaton

Stranaton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 08:20 AM

I'll rehash my intro:

I am a Mechanical Engineering student (3rd year)
I enjoy all mechs, but prefer Real Robot over Super Robot
I drive a 1996 Honda Prelude Si

Why am I awesome_
I like to disassemble machines in my mind when I look at them. Kinda looks like an exploded blueprint view.
I am extremely good at 3D spacial awareness on the mathmatical level.
I do 3d modelling in my spare time. (I still can't texture for the life of me, though...)

#103 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted February 12 2012 - 09:53 AM

Can we get this topic sticky'd so people don't miss it_
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#104 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 10:14 AM

Good idea, Ash. This thread is now sticky. But not the bad kind of sticky, the good kind, like rice crispy treat sticky.

#105 Gruber

Gruber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 11:10 AM

And If I am shy to talk about myself_ :v

#106 FlyorDie

FlyorDie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm FoD, a German exchange student to America. I've been in America for several months now, it's an interesting place. I am religious (Jewish, specifically), and I can fluently speak German, English, and Hebrew. My Chinese is good enough for me to be understood.

I enjoy drawing in my free time; I also do a little caligraphy.

#107 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 07:15 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

rice crispy treat
Yummmm.
Naraklok

#108 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 13 2012 - 12:26 PM

An European German speaking (and writting) Chinesse. Wow!

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#109 AGX04

AGX04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 13 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hello, new member here!!
This be short and sweet... I'm awesome because I think so and the fact that i've destroyed so many Battlemaster with my Locust in the first Mechwarrior game that i can't count them.
Anyways, Long live mecha, big clunky, piston driven mechas!!!

#110 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 13 2012 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to the forums AGX04.
Naraklok

#111 AGX04

AGX04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 14 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thank you very much!
Also; You guys are awesome!! Great Job!! To everyone develloping this.

#112 legionwolff1

legionwolff1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 06:25 PM

I am Legionwolff.  Legion-Roman grouping of 5,000 soldiers.  Taken from the Fallout series( Fallout New Vegas) from the deadly Caesar's Legion.  Wolff- First thing I could think of my first time making a character to play Halo 1 on the same xbox as my friends/ one of the names of Caesar's best Legion-Wolves of Rome.   I fell in love with mech games with Phantom Crash and from then on was always the stealthy Long distance shooter in every game I played.  Future Pilot of the light mech shadow wolff.  I hail from the post apocalyptic provinces of America but have traveled to such wondrous locations as Morrowind, Cyrodil, Skyrim, Neo-Tokyo (JSRF), New Mombassa, Reach, the convenient home world, halo rings, and what ever the cube world Minecraft resides on.  I am not really that awesome but I love a good adventure.  See you on the Battlefields brethren.  Well at least I'll see you;) you might not be seeing much of me.  Just the way I like it.

-Lw-
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war,"

#113 ArcticHawk1

ArcticHawk1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 17 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone, my names ArcticHawk

I have a wide range of games on PC, XBOX and XBOX 360, though recently I have mostly been playing PC games and MMO's. I've played a fair few Mech from MechWarrior 1 to Phantom Crash to ChromeHounds! I've loved mech games since playing Phantom Crash for the first time. I flew through Mech Warrior 2: Lone Wolf and didn't really start with Mech Warrior, though when I started playing ChromeHounds online it was quite close to the server shutdown (still hate Sega for that).

I'm a year 10 student hailing from Australia and I would like to become a game designer when I finish University.

I did use the mantra, "Shut up and take my money!" when looking at the gameplay videos for Hawken.

I was referred to by a friend but didn't look at the trailers until late last year.

I hope to see you all on the battlefield and forge a few good friendships and alliances in this game
"I don't have time to die - I'm too busy!" - Last words of Gorge Vandire, 304th Master of the Administratum

#114 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 18 2012 - 07:44 AM

Welcome aboard legionwolf and ArtickHawk! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#115 Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted February 19 2012 - 07:35 AM

Fly or Die said:

...I can fluently speak German, English, and Hebrew. My Chinese is good enough for me to be understood....
Man WTF, American's are so lame, lol. I went to Croatia for a project once and EVERYONE spoke multiple languages. Hell, the dude making my burger at a fast food joint spoke Croatian, German, Spanish, French and English....bah. We need to get on the ball.

Who Am I_
- landscape architect by profession, with interests in therapeutic design and a background in 3d viz/modeling.
- Love cooking, eating then working it off in the gym.
- My gaming background is varied but, rooted in fighting games. I used to play fairly high level Tekken and SF when I was a lad.

Why I'm awesome.
- I'm white and I am learning to make sushi.
- I sleep with the heater on, even when it's warm, because I like the sound it makes.
Landscape Architecture Portfolio - http://www.gheridsmick.com
"Vitor's BJJ is like the nucleus of an atom; people say it exists but, no one has actually seen it."
"I don't believe in psychology, I believe in good moves." Bobby Fisher.
"Do nothing from selfishness or empty coneit, but with humility of mind regard others as more important than yourself." Philippians 2:3

#116 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 10:36 AM

Gherid_lacksGPS said:

We need to get on the ball.
Yo dawg, you gots ta get on dat Rosetta Stone.  8-)

#117 Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted February 19 2012 - 05:01 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

Gherid_lacksGPS said:

We need to get on the ball.
Yo dawg, you gots ta get on dat Rosetta Stone.  8-)
I hear the force is strong in Rosetta.  :)
Landscape Architecture Portfolio - http://www.gheridsmick.com
"Vitor's BJJ is like the nucleus of an atom; people say it exists but, no one has actually seen it."
"I don't believe in psychology, I believe in good moves." Bobby Fisher.
"Do nothing from selfishness or empty coneit, but with humility of mind regard others as more important than yourself." Philippians 2:3

#118 Fawken

Fawken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 08:06 PM

names Fawken.....
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul.

#119 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 20 2012 - 10:34 PM

It's Fawken Hawken!
Naraklok

#120 Eiodalin

Eiodalin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 06:37 AM

I might as well introduce who i am it's only fair for the others
I'm currently a high-school senior i have a interest in many games from the DiRT series, to the Final Fantasy series, to the Battlefield series. I enjoy playing games as a stress reliever and blowing something up helps a little bit :D . My hobby's include program in C++ (currently learning), designing PC's (which if you need help i will help you just pm), and and generally nerdy stuff.

Hopefully since it seems like there is going to be clan support i can get the Transformers Fleet interested to play this game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users