HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#61 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 06 2011 - 10:13 PM

"Target verified commencing hostilities" Pfff JK!!!! Not till I see you on the battlefield.

Hey the name's DarkS7ar, I go by Dark for short. What to say about myself_

Well to start off I'm usually the guy who will quote movies, games, or anime with his infinitely endless amount of  :geek: nerdisum. I own (and play) Xbox360, Xbox, PS2, N64 and SNES. My gamertag is FuriousGhost64. I have been in apart of 6 clans and commanded/co-commanded 3 of them. "I'm looking to start a new clan just for this game but I'm not quite sure if I want to start one from scratch(again), but if someone is looking to start one I will be glad to lend a helping hand." And I LOVE mech games >.> (dont we all).

I'm basically your typical mech fan, loved Armored core since Armored core 2: another age and I have dabbled in some Mechwarrior so don't worried I will defend both sides of my mechie universe when a cod fan or whoever decides to tread where they are not need(or wanted for that matter). But My Raven blood will always come first, sorry thats just how I roll.

I still own my copy of Chromehounds and have seen the fall of many nations(Once I switched to sal kar after I watched it WIN the war I had a hot streak of losses wtf_ lol). The "shut down" of Chromehounds servers did make my eyes water a bit but I knew that one day another, possibly even better, mech game would come.  :)  And I think its safe to say that Hawken looks like it could be what I've been waiting for!

See you mecha cowboy...
Above the sky, beneath the stars.
Is where I soar, and your world is no more.

http://i306.photobuc...597d4c3e0b5.jpg
^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#62 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 11 2011 - 08:17 PM

I am the fath-... Never mind I'm Varaka I'm just an awesome guy who has a passion for gaming. I aspire to become a game developer one day and try my best in school. My head is filled with interesting Ideas and I love contributing in any conversation taking place near me.
Also I'm awesome.

How did I learn about Hawken_
- Inside Gaming Daily, no wai me too.

Current education level_
- Still in the 9th grade.

Hobbies and interests_
-Science, Scf-Fi, gaming, programing, preparing for the future, trying to find better hobbies.

Where do you live_
-BC, Canada

Oh god when creating this message I almost made a topic...
(/^▽^)/

#63 Paladin1

Paladin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 18 2011 - 12:35 PM

Let's see, what to tell...

I'm a long time gamer and while I've played more than a few console types, I've stuck with my 360 the longest so far.  I've been playing Giant Robot Stompy games for even longer though, with my addiction beginning in the summer of 1988 when I bought my first copy of Battletech 2nd edition.  Since then, it's been down hill all the way.

I've played other games and other genres, including CoD and HALO, but 'Mechs and strategy games have always been a weakness of mine, so here I am.

As for real life, I'm a project manager and was one of the first Verizon FIoS Engineers in the Country, overseeing the development of several large projects in the Northern VA area before I moved onto other projects.

I've also seen a few familiar faces here from my CBT days, so I guess it's time to unfurl the Davion Tricolor.

#64 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 25 2011 - 03:44 AM

Welcome you all!.

And see ya soon in the other side. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#65 LazyFailKid

LazyFailKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDelta, BC

Posted June 01 2011 - 04:28 PM

Well, My forum name is The Master (as you probably already know (Actually I wanted Zero but SOMEONE already took that, guess who I'm going to aim for if i see ingame :D )) and I cant wait for hawken to come out (I'm holding off on buying starcraft 2 for this game, makes every day seem like a year  :( )

Job: Highschool (8th grade)
Favourite Song genre: Trance
Favourite Playstyle: Commander/Recon
Favourite Games: Supreme commander series, Starcraft 2, various other games (mostly Indie)
Favourite Things to do: Read Informational books, Hang out with friends, Play games (mostly Mech and RTS games)
Favourite Food: Pudding
I'm awesome because I can be  8-)

Hope to see everyone in game :D

Side-note: I think I'm the youngest person here  8-)

#66 Judgepup

Judgepup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted June 10 2011 - 05:48 AM

Hey, all!  Just want to say first how blown away I am by the gameplay vids of this game!  Even with all of the high profile titles on display at E3, it was a recap show G4 yesterday that introduced me to Hawken and I am most impressed!  

Dating myself a tad here, but I began my illustrious gaming career with the Atari 2600 in addition loads of quarters in arcades.  Did the NES and Sega thing but it wasn't until my first PC (not including my C64 :P) which was a Pentium II 266 with integrated graphics that my obsession with PC gaming began.  Back then it was mostly Blizzard titles (Warcraft 2 (before the cash-cow MMO), Starcraft, Diablo).  Discovered the Mechwarrior series and was in love.  You name a mech game on any platform and I've probably played it.  Last one I really enjoyed was AC: For Answer - lots of fun even if tactics were marginalized.  And with the increasing dearth of good mech games through the years, I am ecstatic as hell about Hawken!  The visuals are almost too good to believe and the fps just hum along.  Can't wait to see how it shapes up if it looks this polished already.  And yes, Adhesive, please take my money!  Be seeing you all around quite a bit here.  

Judge

#67 Missy

Missy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 11 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hi there!

I used to go by the name "TheOnlyHorse" or "MissOnlyHorse" on other forums, but I decided to pick "Miss" this time :3 My major interests are gaming, art, animation, the military and working out. Well the work outs are more of a need because we females fail at gaining muscle mass >_> *slaps evolution*

Some of the games I play are Killing Floor, Portal 1-2, Global Agenda, Team Fortress 2, Dead Space, Minecraft, Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, NeoTokyo, Avatar, Age of Mythology and many more. My favorite programs are GIMP, Adobe Flash, ZBrush, Fraps, Winamp, Ifran View, Audacity, Paint Tool SAI, Open Office and Google Chrome. [end of massive game/program spam list]

I'm looking forward to Hawken and I'm glad a small team of talented people got the idea before Microsoft stole it xD

#68 Adamantine

Adamantine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted June 29 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hello, my name is Okreya (pronounced Ock-ray-yah) and I've been a fan of mecha since I first saw Robotech when I was a kid. When I saw this game on G4's coverage of E3, I had two heart attacks and crapped my pants at the sheer awesomeness of it.
Some of my favorite games include The Elder Scrolls 3&4, DOOM 1&2, Fallout 3, Front Mission 4, Army Men 3D (for the PS1), Gears of War 1&2, War of the Monsters (PS2) and Contra, just to name a few. My hobbies include writing and playing D&D. I hail from Massachusetts.

I can't wait to play this game.

#69 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 05 2011 - 07:54 PM

3leggedFreak said:

VenatioDecorus said:

I can't wait to see what an extra 20 years of training can do for a man's skill :)
If he's like me, it just means his trigger finger need 20 minutes extra warm up to become functional. :]

HAHAHAHAHA! Ahh you originals(old farts) crack me up! Keep on fightin ;)

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#70 Raikomaru

Raikomaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 06 2011 - 02:10 AM

I'm Raikomaru (pronounced however you'd like). I usually go by Raiko (or Adam) and I'm new to the mech genre, so this game will probably be my first experience. I probably won't frequent these forums much until the game is released.

#71 Howlett

Howlett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 10 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hey everyone. The name is Howlett. In real life I game, and workout in preparation for American Ninja Warrior. In the virtual world, I shoot em up. With extensive knowledge in the Halo universe, Bred in the tactics of America's Army, and still treading snow, sand, and face with the bonds of past clan comradery. I am on this forum, and joining this community to continue, and start new fellowships. After watching a few videos, and reading a little into the community on this forum, I am in hopes that their will also be clan rivalries that will come with the very promising gameplay.
Proud Supporter of The I.R.M.

"Your Going to Carry that Weight"

Bring in the Demons

#72 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 12 2011 - 03:34 PM

Welcome aboard you Howlett and Raikomaru too! :D

BTW, cool avatar; Raikomaru! :P

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#73 CornR

CornR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted July 16 2011 - 12:50 PM

I am CornP. After finding the gameplay video of Hawken I decided to check out more about the game and so I ended up here.
I play all kinds of games, recently Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2, Left 4 Dead, TF2, UT3 and Shattered Horizon. I also love Shin Megami Tensei, Sonic the Hedgehog and all those good old platformers like Rayman and Banjo Kazooie.

I hope this game becomes a great success!

#74 VuLtUrE36

VuLtUrE36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted July 19 2011 - 06:28 AM

*Falls through ceiling*
Names Vult and I just learned an important lesson about Explosives
I love elaborate machines so its a given that I love mechs
Play anything that I can ambush people in, or just cause all around mayhem with the other teams equipment and vehicles  :twisted:

This is the face I made when i saw hawken  :shock:
Join I.R.M.
help stop ID-10-T errors

#75 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 20 2011 - 06:00 AM

VuLtUrE36 said:

*Falls through ceiling*
Names Vult
This is the face I made when i saw hawken  :shock:

lol Welcome to the team

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#76 polypusher

polypusher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted August 02 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi all,
I'm James, work as a print operative for hewlett packard in the UK.
Love PC Gaming, did love my xbox360 but haven't touched it since middle of last year though, bit of a shame really.
Spotted this game eons ago and could never remember the name  :oops:
Fell in love straight away, just gotta get me that t-shirt lava has come up with.
Anyway can't wait for release of this  :lol:

James
"Vinyl is black Magic"

#77 ZedFontaine

ZedFontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, NL

Posted August 02 2011 - 05:37 PM

See, this wont do, You cant "measure" how awesome we all are. If you would it would be near infinite, and then some.

Greetings and salutations,

Names Zed, and no I am not dead. I've been gaming since 12inch floppy's, Castle of Dr.Brain, and Lemmings. I have been soaring the mighty game scene for many many years, due to  recent interception with my head and a light post, I have seen new meaning in life, which is, to have fun. If not to have fun, why bother living_ Right_

Currently I am studying to be a Game Developer, and I am also a Professional 3D Artist, (Or half of one, I lack a portfolio...) my flickr account is here, youtube here, and google plus here.

I am working on a game currently, and sadly it's not a mech game but I cant be as awesome as Adhesive.

Anyway, I look forward to see the game live and I shall be playing it often. (Also, one thing as an Artist, Hawken has an art style that shouldn't work, but does!)

Look forward to seeing you all down my sights!
Fly safe!
Let the bots rumble in rage!

#78 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted August 02 2011 - 06:10 PM

ZedFontaine said:

Castle of Dr.Brain, and Lemmings
Oh that brings back memories... I still own those games! Castle of Dr. Brain is in the room I'm in right now, actually (one of the disks is destroyed though :(). Not sure where the old Windows 3.1 machine is...

Listen to me, I sound like some old dude...
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#79 ZedFontaine

ZedFontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, NL

Posted August 02 2011 - 06:30 PM

Old_ Na, A classic. :P
Let the bots rumble in rage!

#80 Armoredassault

Armoredassault

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 05 2011 - 10:26 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Michael. I'm a high school student looking for a path to the gaming industry. I have extensive knowledge on the halo universe. I love to game and run the enemy from their hiding places with an extensive knowledge of weapons from many years of gaming. I hope that we can get along and ripe the faces off our enemy.
Step aside, and let the man go through

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users