HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#21 shaken

shaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 08:43 AM

vBean here, real name's Shawn.

Been gaming since I was 5 or so (26 now).  

Some of my faves off the top of my head:

Games - Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy Tactics, League of Legends
Movies/Films/Shows - Blade Runner, Fullmetal Alchemist, The Prestige
Music - Mute Math, Silversun Pickups, The Glitch Mob

I have a Bachelor's in Game Development, and I'm hoping to land a job in the video game industry at some point.  For now I do software programming at a company that does virtual reality training simulations for trade-skills such as welding and spray painting.

As far as Hawken goes, I'm super excited for it, and another thing I'm excited about is being a part of this community from it's inception.  I've never followed a game and been a part of it's community from the very first announcement of it.  Should be a fun build up until Hawken is released.

#22 Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 10:47 AM

S'up!
I've been playing videogames for as long as I can remember,
I haven't played a mech game since Mechwarrior 3 and its expansion and I'm very excited for the release of this game.
The most recent game I've played is Enslaved, I was not planning to pick it up seeing the developer pannel on Eurogamer convinced me to play it.

"Are you one of the many who has already chanted the resounding mantra: "Take my money!" to Adhesive Games_"
Hell Yea!

I want the ability to pre-order so we can show them just how much love we have for these types of games. I'm also excited to see the philosophy behind this comment at work;
"Khang Le: This is because we don't want the best player to get even more advantage over the beginner. We want players to win by their skill and strategy and not by how much cool gear and stats they accumulated."

Looking forward to it.

#23 Qwet

Qwet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationmesa AZ

Posted April 22 2011 - 02:23 PM

well introductions are in order

my Net name is Qwet

i first saw Hawken on X play I had to grow extra eyes from my face in order to take in account the sheer magnitude of awesome that i was seeing in all it was beautiful but it has left me rather deformed... no regrets

my background is chaotic at best the first game i got into with any type of machinery in it not mechs though was starlancer for the dream cast from there i moved to red alert and command and conquer then finally after slightly aggravating experiences with armored core and gundam i found my home in chrome hounds which i still play.

even though i have little experience with mechs and games i do enjoy the overall vision of the mech in general. though i feel that the japans style of humanoid/organic mechas have been dominating the market.

I am somewhat tech savvy and might be able to help with computer problems. I have built my own computer if that can be considered credentials.  though i never claim to know a lot about computers because even though i can help you sometimes others i may be just as dumb as you grandparents with electronics. (ignore all grandparents that are tech savvy when reading that last metaphor)

im currently going through college and pondering how to proceed on in life. it goes slowly.

my hobbies include drawing, flash animation, games (duh), Ultimate Frisbee, movies, books, and leaning confusing/interesting things.

some books ive read (the book thief, the otherland saga, Jack McDevitt series)
some good comics i read (orc stain, atomic robo, last man standing and flight.)
some good movies in my opinion (District 9, Starship Troopers, Monty Python the Life of Brian, The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen)

and i might as well include my age i am closing in on 20 years of carbon based life.

well after all this obligatory ballyhoo i just want to say i cant wait for Hawken to release more videos and info though my highest desire is the actual game like so many on here and since i see no donation tab.. i can only give my verbal support and i hope this game becomes an example of a mech game done right in the best way possible.

#24 BlkMamba

BlkMamba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 02:42 PM

Howdy,
Not much to say about me
42 yr old truck driver thats been playing mech games longer than some of you been alive
started with battletech supported by AOL on my blazeing fast 386dx40
all the way thru mechwarrior 2, 3, 4 and veng

I have a love for Mech based FPS games, and this ones got me excited

So in short, i'm
Old
Cranky
Battle Hardend
and looking foward to seeing everyone on the field

Peace out
Mamba..

#25 VenatioDecorus

VenatioDecorus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 09:30 PM

BlkMamba said:

Howdy,
Not much to say about me
42 yr old truck driver thats been playing mech games longer than some of you been alive
started with battletech supported by AOL on my blazeing fast 386dx40
all the way thru mechwarrior 2, 3, 4 and veng

I have a love for Mech based FPS games, and this ones got me excited

So in short, i'm
Old
Cranky
Battle Hardend
and looking foward to seeing everyone on the field

Peace out
Mamba..

I can't wait to see what an extra 20 years of training can do for a man's skill :)

#26 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted April 23 2011 - 05:43 AM

VenatioDecorus said:

I can't wait to see what an extra 20 years of training can do for a man's skill :)
If he's like me, it just means his trigger finger need 20 minutes extra warm up to become functional. :]

#27 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 08:38 AM

3leggedFreak said:

VenatioDecorus said:

If he's like me, it just means his trigger finger need 20 minutes extra warm up to become functional. :]

:lol:

I'm Redvan.
27 in July.
This game looks awesome.
Prior mech games:  MWLL.  You may have seen me around those parts, though I haven't played i months.  Front Mission Evolved.
Currently play:  Legionsoverdrive.com

#28 BlkMamba

BlkMamba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 01:45 PM

3leggedFreak said:

VenatioDecorus said:

:mrgreen: prolly same with me, but thats the way it goes
aspricreme does help, really it does!

#29 HedonisticRush

HedonisticRush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 02:56 PM

Dahdah325 said:

HedonisticRush said:

@Dahdah325, what squad/GT_

I saw cannons (cannon hounds!) in the video promo. Limb damage would be great. A lot of potential here.

Lol, I heard/saw that first cannon shot on the vids, and started looking around for my checkbook.  :lol:  

I was in a bunch of squads over the years, mostly smaller squads. I was SQL of Old Folks, mostly a recruiting squad, from war 90-97. Last squad was Neuterd Special, mostly bunch of ex-Reloads, and few second accts. I bought the game at launch, but for whatever reason, didn't really get into it until around war 35 or so, right near the end of the DD era. How about you_

Man this could be a long list, I'm not including some of the randoms I joined briefly. I was around from the beginning. Only stopped for Gears,Halo3 and Orange Box. Stopped playing much like everyone sick of boosting and the loss of many skilled players. I had a second account for when SFTS got slow and would want larger games. It was nice having one after the massive boost to CP on maps keeping areas dead locked for too long. South Cemo was over rated lol.

9th division
KOA mark II
*Krome Legion (former Mark II members)
*ANNIHILATION
*SFTS
7th Division
Cheap Thrills (retired)

* squads that I was in for the longest durations

#30 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 06:16 PM

I'm not awesome.

My life is not awesome. It's ordinary, perfectly moral, intertwined between many books of mathematics, engineering and physics. Likes the classics, play chess and get bored watching the Real Madrid.

For a strange reason my life oscillates between architecture and mathematical physics. In the meantime and free time my hobby is drawing and computer animation among other things. I'm the ordinary day van cowboy hearing the classics of Rush, Yes, Saga, Jethro Tull, Asia, Europe, Tangerine Dream, Journeys and so on.

For a strange reason someone showed me this captivating game. I was deeply happy of the warmth surprise of finding something really interesting on the genre. Finally few guys are doing a very promising mech game. It was so good making me do an account in here.

:P

#31 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 06:36 PM

Porcupine here.

My love and support for indie/underground games brought me here and I like what I saw.

Looking forward to try it out and meet you all in-game.

Cheers.

#32 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 06:41 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

I'm not awesome.
Well, you're a fellow fan of Hawken, so that makes you awesome in my book :D.

#33 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 07:38 PM

Porcupine said:

Porcupine here.

My love and support for indie/underground games brought me here and I like what I saw.

Looking forward to try it out and meet you all in-game.

Cheers.

Dude, I totally saw you in a youtube video today!

#34 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 09:32 PM

Redvan said:

Dude, I totally saw you in a youtube video today!

Well ain't I adorable_  :D

#35 TheCheshire

TheCheshire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 23 2011 - 11:04 PM

Hello, I'm TheCheshire, and for the next 7 hours, I would like to talk to you about our lord Jesus Christ.

HAHA, j/k. Chesh here, here to rock. CAN NOT WAIT for this game, so I am here to do just that...wait.

I'll be around as much as possible to support the team and the community. Look forward to gaming with you all.

#36 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 24 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hi my name is Flyingdebris, real name Alex, 26 years old.
I somehow through bumbling luck and a bit of dedication make my living drawing mechs and assorted sci fi stuff as a freelance artist.  Did some work for game companies a few years back including  day 1 studios for Fear 3 (designed the look of both their power armors :3) And have done a number of book covers and interiors for the battletech TROs and field manual books, plus a few smaller projects here and there.  So besides liking mech stuff in general, i was instantly attracted to its art style, since i love gritty functional looking minimechs like fish love water and love that someone finally decided to go first person (why do i want to stare at a mech's ass all the time, i want to see what my pilot sees).

Gaming history is mostly a lot of FPS games and even more mods for said FPS games, also cut my original gaming teeth back on tie fighter/interstate 76/and mechwarrior 2 mercs back in the day, played all the other mechwarrior titles since, currently enjoy MWLL (hi redvan!) and stalker call of Pripyat when i'm not too busy with work.  I like my games simmy as hell.

The second i saw the original video posted on Kotaku for hawken, i was on the edge of my chair screaming take my money while trying to analyze the hell out of those last 2 seconds of the original vid, yelling hallelujah all the while.
Mech time all the time

#37 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 10:41 AM

Flyingdebris said:

things

sup debris :D

#38 Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 07:45 PM

Got a deviant art page_ I want to see more of your mech designs.

#39 psych0black

psych0black

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationchozo

Posted April 24 2011 - 09:10 PM

The names Malacheye, M, Mi, or what ever else you can come up with. I'm an avid gamer, poet, writer, and some times I get on the mic. I'm an off and on mech addict and I'll find myself being really compelled to anything mech/robot related. Can't wait to discuss more about this game with fellow members and help in the games production in some kind of way with great feedback  :D

#40 Tanon1

Tanon1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 09:41 PM

Because like the rest of you, I want nothing more then to pew pew in battlemechs soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users