HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#141 Zeether

Zeether

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted March 01 2012 - 10:50 PM

The name's Zeether. I was into Hawken since the initial announcements waaaaaay back around last year (or was it the year before_ It feels like an eternity now) and I'm super excited for it now. I've been into mech games since the free release of Mechwarrior 4 Mercs.

I'm also pretty big into anime and manga, and I remember hearing somewhere that the visuals for this game were inspired by some anime series (think it was Now and Then, Here and There) which is cool. Looking forward to blowing some stuff up.

#142 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 12:53 AM

Welcome to the forums everyone.

You are free to fight 12.12.12.
Naraklok

#143 lunithy

lunithy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted March 02 2012 - 03:15 AM

Probably a bit late but hey why not my real name is david but I prefer Dave or luny as most people online call me  :lol:
Have been gaming for a while now started with a vic 20 he he(fossil) wore out a few Amiga's along the way   ;)  so I saw windows real early shame they dumb ed it down for the PC's  :mrgreen:  I'm as opinionated as anyone on here but I have calmed down from the BBS days but feel free to google lunithy as I have used that for most of my gaming profiles and get a larf .
I have always loved mech games my first was Cybercon III which ran so fast on my old 486 compared to the old Amiga I had to under-clock it :roll:  but enuff bullshit I can,t wait to see this game and get my ass handed to me trying to play it.
i7-2600K G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8G (4Gx2) DDR3 2133 Gigabyte GTX680OC Patriot WILDFIRE 120GB SATA3 SSD

#144 lekoklatik

lekoklatik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted March 07 2012 - 03:05 PM

just wanna ask. wtf is doing with forum_ Ive find my post dead/deleted. Is some "lawman" here or wha_
Do I breaking laws_  :|

"I can accept failure"

"Do not wait for the perfect moment. Take THIS moment and make it perfect"

www.hojko.com

#145 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted March 07 2012 - 03:55 PM

viewtopic.php_f=8&t=1190
Naraklok

#146 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi! I've been lurking for the last week while I waited for the registration system to get back online and now I can finally participate.  :D My tag is GUEST!!, and I've been (like many of you) playing games and specifically mech games since I was knee-high. I write, and would adore the chance to write any licensed works for Hawken if the need was there. Hell, I'd write fan fiction for my own edification once we know a few more details on the world and setting. I'm basically crazy about Mecha any way I can get them. My intro to PC games was Mechwarrior 2 back in the fifth grade (excepting Commander Keen when I was really little), which also introduced me to table-top strategy games and roleplaying games. I love realistic mechs, I love super mechs, I love anime military mech drama, I love high flying super-kung-fu mecha like in Xenogears. I just freaking love giant robots piloted by people.

Look forward to counting down to the game with you guys!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#147 Kip

Kip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNZL

Posted March 10 2012 - 04:36 PM

sup gentlemen.

Im Psygnosis. or psy / "sig" for short (spend alot of time on VoIP)

Originally im a massive fan of the halo series, the first game i remember clocking by myself. Before that id played Descent 1&2, Doom, Destruction Derby Racing 2, Sonic (first console was a mastersystem ;D)

As for what i play now, i have an xbox but tend not to buy many games for it (so expensive, and lack of online distribution)  Back years ago i used to play ALOT of ChromeHounds. (and sages treatment of the servers has always irritated me). Working on RedFaction Gurella

On pc im playing SoaSE, Zero-K, MW:LL, Starfarer and EVE Online.  (hit me up on eve "Psygnosis Incardenae" if your up for some games)

Oh, im also an avid rpg player.; Pathfinder, Dark Heresy, Death Watch, Rogue Trader, Eclipsephase, Lunar Reckoning and Steel Wolves.
Heres to clan support! With me Qirex pilots, for the motherland!

#148 Morgued1

Morgued1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hey everyone just wanted to say "Hello" and express how excieted I am to be here. I had an alternate account that apparently didn't work - Gallows - but i'm back on here now and i'm looking forward to playing with all of you asap!

See ya around pilots!

#149 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted March 10 2012 - 08:49 PM

Psygnosis: Oh man, Chromehounds was great! Wish they'd bring that back. Also an avid table-top guy myself. I'm actually running an old school 3.5 campaign with the Iron Kingdoms setting right now. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#150 brax

brax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 07:29 PM

Greetings everybody. I am brax, a developer on the StarCraft2 mod: Storm of the Imperial Sanctum.
Hawken has captured my attention and I've been sure to create a campaign to inform our masses of this amazing game.
A big portion of us at the PlaySotis.com community are ready and eager to join in on the fight!

#151 Kip

Kip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNZL

Posted March 12 2012 - 07:33 AM

by GUEST!!: running an old school 3.5 campaign with the Iron Kingdoms setting right now
Dude you play over IRC_ i might stat up a Hawʞen game from the trailers, mix in a little MW/Battletech. a pinch of chromehounds.

hit me up at Psygnosis@hotmail.co.nz if your interested.
Heres to clan support! With me Qirex pilots, for the motherland!

#152 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted March 12 2012 - 07:36 AM

Never really played over IRC in the past, but for a mecha game I'd give it some serious thought!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#153 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 12 2012 - 11:51 AM

Welcome aboard, guys!.

And.. back on topic_ :D

Please, feel free and be welcome at opening new threads so we all discuss on these matters! ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#154 Pointman

Pointman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted March 12 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'm just a guy who goes in first to see whats going on. I'm awesome because I survive to come back and tell you what's going on. I got your back like that, no prob. Eloquent and articulate with a sense of humor that's always... on point.

I didn't have sunglasses to put on for that one. Come back to me, I can do better.

#155 Roccano

Roccano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted March 14 2012 - 11:30 PM

My name is Krogoth, but in Game, I will hopefully be Krogoth1.
I am an avid gamer, and am greatly looking forward to playing Hawken when the beta is finally opened.
Also, if you need to know where I got my name, then look here: http://www.knightsof... ... intion.htm
Total Annihilation is imminent.

#156 Pteropax

Pteropax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 16 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hey there, the names Ryeguy, but you can call me rye.

Let's see.  What is awesome about me...._

I like martial arts, I like Ju-do best, but I did take a little bit of karate, aikido, and wushu. As you can imagine I didn't get very far.

It's not my main interest though, I'm currently in university as a media student, which pretty much encompasses everything we view through a screen. I'm learning how to use professional programs like Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop,  and Zbrush to name  a few. Next year it is possible for my class and I to create a game of our own. Though it'd be far less epic as Hawken.

I'm also an artist, I draw a lot, but haven't worked up the courage to move onto painting. I dodged that by doing digital art, which is painting in programs like Photoshop or GIMP (so easy to make corrections).

What else. Oh yeah, I'm Canadian, so keep that in mind when you speak to me, eh_ ;)

I'm excited for this game. Don't hate me, but I did enjoy Mechassualt on the xbox (first encounter w/ mech games). Since then I wanted more mechanical carnage. See ya around.

#157 WeepingAngel

WeepingAngel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 19 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hello!  I'm Weeping Angel, but you can call me Angel. I'm generally pretty shy, but looking forward to playing this game.
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.

#158 skade1

skade1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 21 2012 - 10:28 AM

why hello there, my name is skade, I'm a 22 year old physics student and - surprise - I have an affection for games especially in the scifi genre (scifi literature and movies too, just everything).
I really play about everything: FPS, RPG, RTS, stupid time consuming arcady flash minigames, you name it.
When I first saw the early gameplay trailers of hawken, I thought "oh well, this looks too awesome, knowing my luck this is never gonna be released or will end up being eaten by a big company and turned into shit".
As you can think I'm pretty happy I was wrong with that assumption, so like everybody else I'm really hyped for the game now, checking in for news every day..

So, a friend who was excited too (name is darkstar) and I are also kinda into webdesign and stuff, so we decided we create a platform where we collect all information we have about Hawken and put it together nicely. That idea, after some hours of work, became HawkenHQ :) we also figured we put a forum in there, like, whatever, if people are interested they should have a place to chat (besides the offical forums of course).

We are still new in the fansite business, but I hope we will grow into something pretty one day :D
Anyway, we are excited about every visitor, so maybe you could pay us a visit sometime and say hello or something :)

That is all!
Posted Image
news - info - media - community

#159 lekoklatik

lekoklatik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted March 21 2012 - 11:52 PM

@skade: I guess, that better idea about forums on your new website would be just url to these forums. Iam pretty shure, that your forum will be as empty as it is now. If u want to let someone talk about news which are u putting there, just enable comments below news.
Easily done, huge step for your website. Think about it.
btw that design burning my eyes.

"I can accept failure"

"Do not wait for the perfect moment. Take THIS moment and make it perfect"

www.hojko.com

#160 lekoklatik

lekoklatik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted March 21 2012 - 11:54 PM

oh and hi, Iam Matt.