HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#161 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationYour Mamas House

Posted March 26 2012 - 08:07 PM

I am Verbal Kent....I am awesome because I like dope ass mech games like this one is going to be........For a gamer this is the type of game you can hang your hat on.....One to truly make your mark and show your prowess as a warrior.

I look forward to the Battle :twisted:
Posted Image
Rockin Out with my Cockin Out Since Alpha!
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
H.S.T
Wandering Gunz Death Dealer #35 "I got no Strings"

#162 MAJOR PIMP

MAJOR PIMP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 26 2012 - 08:29 PM

Very Well...Lets do this

#163 Scrizz

Scrizz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 28 2012 - 06:47 AM

I AM THE SCRIZZ!!!  :evil:

I hail from a land far away dedicated to the art of Tribes warfare.
Not only am I skilled with the Spinfusor, but I am just at home with a PPC or BFG.
8-)   ;)

Mechs and jetpacks FTW!

#164 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 29 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hey pilots, welcome aboard you all! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#165 mechpilot5001

mechpilot5001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 29 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hey I just signed up for the forums, but I've been signed up for the beta for awhile. Just thought it'd be fun to interact with other perspective pilots. I'm also the Most Awesomtacular Man in the World. MAD SWAGGA.
Posted Image

#166 MechaKing

MechaKing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 06:50 PM

Youtube and Reddit. Love the idea of a FPS mech.

#167 metalgearmk3

metalgearmk3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted April 08 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi everyone! long time Project Offset fan, now Hawken fan!

#168 Macabre

Macabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationThousand Oaks, CA

Posted April 16 2012 - 01:13 PM

Macabr3/Macabrie, but everyone calls me Mac.

I found out about Hawken a while back, when I was waiting for SWTOR to be released, and have been checking back periodically since.  I don't post much and I generally only read what I need to; I prefer to get to know people in-game, not on the forums.

I've been gaming since pong, and have owned just about every console ever made.  My love for mech combat began with the Robotech cartoon series, followed by two old PC games; "Battletech: The Cresent Hawk's Inception" and "Mechwarrior", and the movie "Robot Jox".  From there, my love for mechs grew, from SNES games like Metal Warriors to paper&dice rollplaying games like Battletech, Mechwarrior, and Robotech; as well as many mech-based animated series/films.  The Macross series remains my favorite, with Macross Plus holding a special place of honor.

I like my games hard and fast.  I have extensive (emphasis added) experience with the FPS genre.  I started playing the genre with the release of Wolfenstein 3D, followed by Doom, Descent, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake (all), GoldenEye 007, Half-Life (all), Rainbow Six (all), Tribes, Counter Strike (all), Call of Duty (all), Far Cry (all), and Crysis.  This genre is my sport, my religion, my life; a bastion of my childhood.

I have high expectations for Hawken.  I hope they deliver.

I look forward to meeting all of you, in-game.  :)

#169 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 17 2012 - 11:29 AM

Cool, welcome aboard pilots!

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#170 Saburo

Saburo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hi I'm Saburo, I'm from Australia and if pokemon was real my team would be three kodiak bears, a falcon, a honey badger, and a mako shark
Nice to meet you all

#171 Keekenox

Keekenox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationThe internetz

Posted April 19 2012 - 10:59 AM

i am Keekenox, but most people know me as Thor_the_Mighty. Fear me.
"A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet."
Wandering gun #45

#172 dn

dn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted April 20 2012 - 03:37 AM

I am dn.

the first pc game i ever played was mechwarrior 2 on windows 95.  it was the shit.

im a quake 3 fanatic and a memeber of the quake 3 CPMA (challenge pro mode arena) pro community in australia.

this game looks insane as it ticks all the boxes for me.

i am throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening, i dont understand :D.

hope this game supports eyefinity or multi monitor setups as i have 3 x 30"inch screens to play this on!

YEEEEE BOYEEEE cant fkn wait for this game!  :D  :D  :D
Posted Image

#173 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 20 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hahah :D
Welcome aboard Keekenox2 and dn_!

Posted Image

#174 Symmenix

Symmenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationEDN.III. Outer Rim.

Posted April 20 2012 - 07:48 PM

Cinnamon stix.

Enjoy.
In my Shadow, There is a pile of rust. That was you.

#175 Northbound

Northbound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 23 2012 - 12:18 PM

Woohoo! I'm not usually one to join developer forums, but I have been totally blown away by what the Hawken team has shown us so far, and just wanted to share the stoke.

It doesn't hurt that I love mech games. How much do I love mech games_ Well, about 12 years ago, I had Virtual On controllers (twinsticks) shipped over from Japan to play Virtual On on my Dreamcast...though I admit I haven't dug them out of the closet for awhile.  I'm all about arcade action/twitch-based gameplay -- I loved Mechassault on the Xbox, and I think Hawken is going to put that game to shame when it launches.

Looking forward to trading machine gun rounds with everyone in about 8 months!

#176 Dispoiler

Dispoiler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 06:41 AM

hello im Dispoiler
cant believe i never heard about this till now.
loved all sorts of mech games from front mission to armoured core but this looks to top everything!
cod style feel and graphically looks great which ac always lacked. im sold.
im a ps3 owner (be nice) and look forward to seeing the beta.

#177 AggroCrag

AggroCrag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 25 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hello, thought I'd add my introduction to the forum. For this game, being a child of the 90s, I'll be going by Aggro Crag.

I've been playing video games as long as I can remember. I was fortunate enough my mom worked at Children's Hospital and she grabbed all the old gaming systems before they were thrown out. I remember at one point we had 5 NES and 4 Super NES, plus the guns and plenty of controllers (good times). Growing up I never owned many gaming systems but I played the shit out of Mario, Donkey Kong, and NBA Jam (some of the best memories in my life were coming home from school, microwaving a pizza, and sitting down to burn some hoops in NBA Jam) on my Nintendos. I'm part of the "Pokémon generation" so naturally I played every game that came out until it got tired. I owe it to my friends for introducing me to games like Mortal Kombat, GoldenEye, Sonic, Super Smash Bros, Gran Turismo and other amazing games. But it wasn't until my brother bought an Xbox that I really got hooked. I remember the first time I saw Halo 2 MP on Xbox LIVE at my cousin's house I couldn't believe my eyes, it was mind-blowing that he was running around a map talking to other people online. The next day I bought Halo 2, signed up for Xbox LIVE and things got out of hand quickly.

After my skills surpassed my brothers and friends, I started playing Halo 2 competitively, first online and local competitions, then in the MLG. At the time I was also playing Rainbow Six Vegas and Gears competitively. I never had much success on the mainstage, I placed in a few competitions on the Pro Circuit in 2007, but it was mostly for fun. Throughout college my friends and I competed in local tournaments or college LAN parties, there weren't many people on campus that could beat us. If I had to pick a favorite game it would be Halo 2, hands down. I've never put so much effort and practice into a game like Halo 2, by the time Halo 3 came out double-shotting and BXR were second nature.

I've never played a PC game (aside from Oregon Trail, Sim City, Stronghold and a few racing games), mostly because I've never owned a decent computer; so this game will be my first online experience in PC gaming. "Mech" games have always intrigued me, I've just never seen it done right. This game is doing it right. My friends can tell you I don't get excited about many games, but when I first watched the trailers and gameplay of Hawken months ago I started planning on buying a computer. The audio is top-notch, the aesthetic design with the grungy futuristic look to the mechs and maps is perfect, the gameplay looks amazing and fluid, it's FREE (though I plan on buying everything I can), and it's an Indie Game using my favorite game engine. It won't be easy to pull me away from Halo, especially with Halo 4 being released in the near future, but this looks like another game I could love along with Halo. I'm an FPS console gamer at heart, but Hawken could open me up to a new side of gaming.

It's worth noting the only other developer forum I've ever joined was Bungie.net, that's how stoked I am for this game.

#178 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 14 2012 - 08:19 AM

Cool, welcome aboard guys! :D

Posted Image

#179 OrcaLeader

OrcaLeader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 16 2012 - 05:03 AM

OrcaLeader reporting in for duty,
I like taking long strolls on the beach, watching the sunset and snuggle. Wait, what do you mean this in no dating site...

Anyhow, I am kind of a sucker for Mech style games, to bad there aren't more of them out there.

#180 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 16 2012 - 04:58 PM

Arnt we all sukers for Mech games :P

Welcome Orca! And lets us all hope that Hawken fills the void of the Mech game genre.
Ill have to take you up on that stroll on the beach at a later date too.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users